PDA

View Full Version : Giants 6 Americans 2 - Feb 14th, 2015

dondo
02-15-2015, 12:20 AM
What a difference a day makes. Post something later. Start the discussion.

Giantsfan
02-15-2015, 12:59 AM
I liked the start, 2 goals & a fight early. I thought they were the better team in every aspect tonight. Nothing went right last night & to go into Tri & win big is quite an accomplishment.

Ronning out again. I'm not sure if he was a healthy scratch or not, that's 2 in a row for him.

Atwal was again not in, & I'm sure he's done as a Giant.

Lee was solid. Made some big saves & an unbelievable stop in the 3rd.

Anyone going to Wednesday's noon game? I'll be there.

Lucic
02-15-2015, 01:52 AM
It's hard to analyze what happened here. I'll start by stating the obvious. Eric Comrie was exceptionally bad. If he were his normal self did the Giants play well enough to win? Hard to say. The defense was caught several times with really bad pinches. The first goal the Ams scored was a direct result of that. Kirichenko was the guilty one in that instance. But it happened all night long. Normally that would burn the Giants. But given the unusual circumstances of Comrie having an off night it didn't. I won't complain as it's two crucial points but the score is more a reflection of bad goaltending for Tri-City than it is dominance by Vancouver, IMO.

Giantsfan
02-15-2015, 02:20 AM
Comrie wasn't great but the Giants carried the play for the majority of the game & got a lift from some solid penalty killing & were able to keep the momentum going when TC got within a goal. Nice to see the Giants get the better goaltending. I don't know how many times the opposition gets the win because of a hot goalie or a complete lack of scoring from the Gmen.

Lucic
02-15-2015, 06:40 PM
It was more a case of bad goaltending than the Giants playing well, IMO. Comrie doesn't give up most of those goals if he is playing at his normal level. I haven't seen him play that bad possibly ever. I can't recall a game in recent memory where he was that off. It sounds like the Giants noticed that as well as Noel said he looked shaky in warm up. It was almost as though Lee was secretly dressed in an Americans jersey. :p

I won't complain though as it's two points I didn't expect them to get.

dondo
02-15-2015, 09:26 PM
A really nice bounce-back game, especially on the road. So much went bad for them in Everett and so much right in Kennewick. As Lucic said, it was not Comrie's best outing, but getting six goals by six different goal scorers means that the offense was spread around.

PK and PP were miles better. 50% on the PP and perfect on the PK will always give you a boost. I think the goal in the first shift really gave them the confidence to push hard. I have found that whenever the Giants sit back versus the Ams they get burned as the Ams play a really strong transition game and lie in the weeds until they get their chance. The Giants did a good job shutting down the Ams speed through the neutral zone and pressured well on the forecheck.

It also didn't sound like the dumb passes to prime scoring areas, which were rampant in Everett, were evident in this one.

I also didn't expect a win in Kennewick, so the two points are a nice bonus especially on the road where the Giants have frankly sucked this season. I'd love to see the same effort during their Wed hooky game - please.