PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs Blades (2) & Rebels

patsdude114
02-20-2015, 04:57 PM
I included Monday's morning tilt at 1130am in Saskatoon in this thread as well....

Unfortunately I am unable to make tonights game due to which better be my last night of hauling snow, this recent snow storm has been a kicker I don't even want to say how many hours I have worked since last Saturday....

Anyways I look forward to reading some of your great posters reviews on tonights game even though I will be listening to the game on the radio. Looking forward to the town hall meeting on Saturday too before the Rebels game, im thinking that will be a very interesting meeting.

On a side note I fully expect the Pats to be calling up Jake Lechyshyn after Saturday as his Blazers close out their SMAAAHL season and will not make the playoffs. So he will officially be a Regina Pat starting then until his WHL career is over.

Also for this weekend the Pats have recalled Adam Berg, looks like his AJHL team is going to make the playoffs after all so he will have to wait to stick around for abit longer.

witness
02-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Lechyshyn is not available until after March 2. He is playing at the Canada games.

patsdude114
02-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Oh right forgot about those games isn't Gardnier taking part as well?

RWAH
02-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Thought the usual slow start and we played down to the Blades. Sorry to see Wapple lose the shutout bid on a D pinch and a bad bounce for the puck to get by the dman. Brooks looked like he did not miss a step.

I think the team should get Brown some starts so Wapple can rest a little before the final push and the playoffs. Hopefully Monday in Stoon

Fight Guy
02-20-2015, 11:22 PM
Pretty much the same kind of game they've played against Saskatoon all season, like RWAH pretty much said. I agree, Wapple could really use a break here. He's been fantastic and I can understand the Pats want to secure home ice in the first found, but he could use one.

Gabrielle had to have been choked he didn't get the chance to take on Zajac after his check from behind on Williams. Almost wonder if the discussion between Zajac and Hobbs before their fight was Hobbs saying something like 'It's either me now or Gabrielle later'...lol. Gabrielle had picked on Zajac all game from the time that they had a collision early on. Hobbs had extra reach on him so he landed a lot more.

Though Smith had some size and reach on Braid, the way he was throwing them in this one, Smith is going to be scary in a couple years. It also helps if the guy enjoys fighting, and with the smile he has on his face after every one he's in, he's going to be a real tough cookie. I know this isn't really news, but thought I'd point it out again anyway.

Berg did what he could when he got jumped by Armour after he lit him up right after the whistle in front of the penalty boxes. Berg didn't have much of a chance and not sure how much he was looking to fight as I'm not sure he even really threw a punch.

Hansen had a really good game tonight. He seems to have one REALLY good game every now and then. Always forget about the cannon he has as he uses it only sometimes. Tee'd it up more than usual tonight and holy crap! Would not want to block one of those.

Entertaining game in the end. Didn't think anyone played really bad tonight, but again wasn't their best game. The refs let a lot go earlier on but had to start calling some things. Should be a good game in S'toon on Monday morning....lol.

Oh...one more thing. I thought Brooks actually had some lapses in judgement and was a little slow to react to somethings. Otherwise, he looked like Brooks from before the injury. Getting Cooper back too will be huge. As fun as it has been to see some of the upcoming talent and the progression of others (Zimmer), getting a consistent line-up back in place will be nice down the stretch. If there are any injuries, chances are good Leschyshyn will be on the roster as soon as he is done at the Canada Winter Games and Berg as soon as his team is done. It's going to be tight between the Mustangs and Canucks for the last playoff spot in the AJHL south. Could go either way still. Is it bad to hope they don't make it?!?

chopper
02-21-2015, 12:14 AM
I think we all seen the game pretty well the same way. It wasn't our best effort but we added two points to our total. Geez that 60 minute effort is certainly elusive. Brooks made a big difference and so will Cooper when he returns. We need him for the stretch run.

We are not real deep so when two 20 goal guys are out of your lineup it has to hurt a lot. We seem to be able to manufacture some goals and Wapple"s been a rock. I hope the play of a couple of our d-men improves down the stretch.

We will go as far as our goaltending will carry us. I agree that a little rest is in order. Getting home ice is not important if we burn Wapple out to get it. Brown has to step up soon for a few games. If Wapple is rested and we're healthy it could be interesting.

Fight Guy
02-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Zborovskiy and Harrison are horrid together. When they are split up, they aren't so bad. Harrison needs to be better for his age. Though he didn't have too bad a game tonight, he has looked confused or lost a lot of the time, like Reagan seemed to do. Unless there are some trades in the off season, I can see the Pats going with a considerably young defense next season. I really can't see both Harrison and Mortlock being around next year, and if there is a 19 year old, it will probably be Harrison. Unless Mumby's situation changes..?? I feel he would have done well here this season. Otherwise, I could see younger guys on the roster in favour of older, much like the end of this season with the offense. I fully expect Wapple back as an OA next season (at least until trade deadline), which would help allow for a younger defense. I would imagine Williams will take an OA spot as well, along with Cooper. Theoretically, offense shouldn't be much of a problem next season. Maybe certain prospects are traded for more proven d-men?? Otherwise, I don't mind a young defense next season.

Back to the present... I would prefer to see Krushen play some more games this season, but I don't see Zborovskiy getting a break near the end here either, as much as we'd like to see it. He continues to be all over the map when it comes to good and bad. The one plus is he has been good lately on the back check against potential breakaways. At all costs though, him and Harrison need to stay away from each other...lol. Hanson has been a huge help since Burroughs was traded and the defense needs all the help it can get. He will stay on the back end this season I'm assuming, especially if guys like Berg and Leschyshyn are added.

It's hard not to look ahead, even though there is still a decent amount of hockey this season yet. Defense is definitely looking to be their biggest issue in the long run.

midnightrunner
02-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Anyone know why the pats are playing a game at 1130am in saskatoon next Monday??

Fight Guy
02-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Promotion for school kids and teams and what not. It's a popular promotion out West.

patsdude114
02-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Promotion for school kids and teams and what not. It's a popular promotion out West.

I hope we never take on this promotion, by the sounds of it the rink today will have 5000+ kids in it omg that would make me the grouchiest pats fan ever. Kids annoy the fck outta me that would be a game I would not attend as I would give my ticket back to the owners ripped in half

Uknownothing
02-23-2015, 10:46 AM
From most of your post PatsDude you look grumpy quite a bit .Just like in life the kids are the future and in this case potential fans ,now why they are there is to support and acknowledge a cause which is a great concern for family's and kids now a days . Hint BULLYING. I think its great that the Blades and Pats are in support of this cause.I think its time you take your head out of your A%% and think about your last comment .Not much of a Pats fan if you can't handle a few kids and support a cause that your team supports as well.:burningmad:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-23-2015, 11:44 AM
I guess it doesn't bother me that they have these sappy fundraiser things for the weepy types to enjoy but personally I could care less about any of them.

I know I certainly do not care enough to be self righteous and lecture others about how to feel about it, like Im some sort of PC thought police. Because this is a hockey forum, not a soapbox. Especially when its a movement primarily about telling people what they cant do or say. Or as I see it, bullying others into being against bullying.

Now...reasonable people would probably consider this one a throw away ticket because its at lunch and patsdude has a point, that it would just be a bunch of kids squawking(albeit a nice change from the almost literal mausoleum I remember). If this was a home game, I would be pissed that this counted towards my season tickets especially since they are going up.

I can only imagine how all 200 Saskatoon fans must feel about that.

patsdude114
02-23-2015, 01:21 PM
From most of your post PatsDude you look grumpy quite a bit .Just like in life the kids are the future and in this case potential fans ,now why they are there is to support and acknowledge a cause which is a great concern for family's and kids now a days . Hint BULLYING. I think its great that the Blades and Pats are in support of this cause.I think its time you take your head out of your A%% and think about your last comment .Not much of a Pats fan if you can't handle a few kids and support a cause that your team supports as well.:burningmad:

my ticket would still be paid for smart one so in sense I am still supporting the team and I would order the game on webcast to save myself the headache or a bunch of kids

Uknownothing
02-23-2015, 02:58 PM
my ticket would still be paid for smart one so in sense I am still supporting the team and I would order the game on webcast to save myself the headache or a bunch of kids

In sense I guess .:)

D cherry
02-23-2015, 03:08 PM
It's a good thing that this games was played In front of a bunch of kids. It sounded like a sleeper . Pats shoot the puck oh .iceing blades shoot oh iceing

patsdude114
02-23-2015, 04:13 PM
IMO it wasn't a great game to watch by any means, again the Pats play down to Saskatoon's level. Had we played like we did against RD on Saturday night this game would of been over in the 1st

It was even annoying hearing all those kids screaming over the webcast.... I couldn't imagine being there for the game. Call me an A-hole but that many kids isn't good for anyone lol

Bighat
02-23-2015, 05:27 PM
Strike me down but I agree with pats dude I hate kids too.

Fight Guy
02-23-2015, 06:15 PM
As annoying and headache inducing as that crowd may have been, I think it would have been pretty great to experience. Also, just the atmosphere in general, especially in morgues like Saskatoon or Regina, would be nice to see. If I really had a problem, I would bring ear plugs and find someplace away from kids to sit. Though the Brandt Centre isn't ridiculously over sized like the SaskTel Centre, so might be a bit tougher.

This game was definitely pretty dull compared to Friday's game. Big part of that may have been the absence of Gabrielle, who I thought may have been scratched due to his style of game and how it is the exact opposite of what the point of the promotion was ;) Also crossed my mind how he had got hit with a puck last game and maybe that became an issue. Phil says he wasn't feeling well though, so we'll go with that.

Definitely played down to them again, as usual. Like mentioned, if they played like they did against Red Deer, this game would have been pretty easy. Though the Blades do play a pretty tough game, as soon as the Pats get them running around, their game is shot.

Cooper pretty well picked up where he left off with a goal, assist, and shootout tally. That's nice to see. I fully expected he and Brooks to have a couple slow games. Nothing but positive for them. For Wagner... I hope he isn't out for any extended period of time. I missed the collision and will go back to check it out, but sounded like it was pretty bad to watch. In his place, Smith got an opportunity and was able to show off his ability to handle the puck in close with his long stick, and handled the puck into the back of the net between Amundrud's right pad and the goal post. With more opportunity, he will produce more. Look at Cole! Smith is going to start looking real good next season with much more playing time and increased role. Same with Cole, who is looking more and more like the next Garrett Mitchell.

So far, though limited playing time, Mortlock hasn't looked too bad up front. As long as he keeps running around hitting guys, I like it! Kind of like that one game Tuebert played up :p ...though that game was completely out of control and entertaining as f#*k!! Mortlock pretty well did the same thing but toned down, and it was effective. A lot less pressure for him as well as the WHL game is sometimes too much for him on defense it seems. With Hanson doing really well back there, may as well put Mortlock up front where his physical game can be used.

I've mentioned it a few times when Warriors fans complain about bad scouting and drafting, and Hanson being in that mix of 'bad picks', but I really feel if Hanson was left on defense in MJ, he could easily have been a top defenseman in this league. If he hadn't left his defensive skills and development for offense, he would be very solid and reliable. He's getting better and better back there and his shot from the point is pretty scary. I recall him looking good last season on defense near the end also, and Sinitsyn was put up front I believe(?), where he also looked better. When Berg and Leschyshyn get here though, Mortlock will likely be back on defense and not dressing a whole lot, barring injury or other reasons. Would imagine Hanson stays back there. Speaking of defense...Williams was a +3. As pointless as it is or not, it still paints a good picture and says something.

Wapple played great again and made some huge saves. I forget if it was Hebig or Stovin, but one of them made a great back hand move in the shootout, but Wapple made a better move with his glove. Awesome stuff on both players! I wonder if Brown gets a couple starts this coming week?? He played a fantastic game against Red Deer and I think that earned him some more playing time. Looked much better than earlier on when he would freeze and assume he had the rebound but didn't. Plus, big toe save after big toe save...he put on a show! Will get one start at least I'm sure.

In the end, Pats got 2 points today and get that much closer to securing home ice in the first round. Bozon and Reinhart in town on Wednesday. Look forward to seeing them play.

patsdude114
02-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Im the first to admit im not big into the +/- stat as a lot of the players on the ice do not deserve a plus or a minus as they have very little effect to the goal scoring play.... but ill give credit where its due for Williams as he has slowly become 1 of the top defensemen in the league with this stat.

His +42 is 2nd among defensemen only behind Cole Martin of KEL and he sits 4th in the WHL behind Martin (+47) Bjorkstrand (+45) Tambellini (+43)

Interesting note to see that the top 2 WHL Defensemen in the +/- stat neither 1 are drafted

nivek_wahs
02-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Injury update....

#34 Colton Kroeker, F, illness, day-to-day
#28 Ryan Krushen, D, illness, day-to-day
#27 Austin Wagner, F, upper body, indefinite

patsdude114
02-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Having Wagner out does hurt our top 9 forward group but I guess if there is something good about it is both Brooks and Cooper are back so that softens the blow.

The collision between Wagner and Williams didn't look all that bad at all but seeing how Wagner was laying on the ice something just didn't seem right as it appeared to be a shoulder. Those surprise collisions are the worst

sbtatter
02-24-2015, 03:59 PM
. Big part of that may have been the absence of Gabrielle, who I thought may have been scratched due to his style of game and how it is the exact opposite of what the point of the promotion was ;)

Great line, so true, made me chuckle, thanks for that!

Shooter
02-24-2015, 10:53 PM
Having Wagner out does hurt our top 9 forward group but I guess if there is something good about it is both Brooks and Cooper are back so that softens the blow.

The collision between Wagner and Williams didn't look all that bad at all but seeing how Wagner was laying on the ice something just didn't seem right as it appeared to be a shoulder. Those surprise collisions are the worst
Well not sure why Krushen was called up. He has struggled on every call up and is not ready yet and this development is not good for him or Pats.

It looks like import draft will see 1-2 players join the pats. The depth on the backend will look better with game experience but likely 3 safe pending roles and depth chart files could change as very young blue line.

Do the Pats draft 2 import Dman?

As far as affiliates hard to bench mark as Lencyshn has had silver platter with his call up and ties and other guys not even mchappy meal other than Berg and Elmer.

Hard to know strategy but I could see older guys body language and were not impressed as most had to earn it!

patsdude114
02-25-2015, 11:23 AM
I don't get what your trying to say here shooter.....

Paddock is very high on Zborovskiy, sure he has been having some turnovers lately but really he hasn't turned the puck over any more then Hobbs has been and Hobbs will be back next year so why won't Zborovskiy? Only way he won't be back is if he stays in Russia and I don't see that happening as he loves it here.

As for our defense in general we will be returning our entire top 6 Dmen.... Hansen I believe will be at camp but I see is trading him. That will leave 1 opening hopefully for krushen if not him we have a few other prospects who will be given a shot but out top 5 next year should be strong as it will be no weaker then it is today and they will all be a year older.

The only comment I agree with is that Krushen shouldn't of been kept the rest of the year but to be fair when the decision was made we had injury problems in our backend and we needed bodies.

As for Leschyshyn with your comment of a silver platter did you not see his 1st 2 games where he was on the 4th line and didn't get a lot of ice time? Yes his last game he was centering a very key line for us and he excelled with it. He has looked better then Steel did at age 15 as a call up, by no means am I expecting him to become another Steel but Steel looked out of place a lot last year where Jake hasn't.

Also Berg has earned his ice time with the pats his first game with us he was very impressive more impressive then Kroeker has looked all year long (not taking anything away from him) Berg has gotten better and better each game he has played with us and that's a great sign of things to come.

Shooter
02-25-2015, 05:03 PM
What I'm saying is d could look different next year. Import draft will tell story per depth.
Older and experience will play dividends but guys now 3-4 maybe 5-6 pairings which is great!

Cameron did not give Steele any ice last year. His east coast hockey league running 2 lines showed up in a playoffs and knocked out by wheat kings. The game is about confidence.

Sure glad Dixon is gone as well!

Pats coaching likely up for coaches of year if we hit 40 wins!

patsdude114
02-25-2015, 05:30 PM
Cameron did not give Steele any ice last year. His east coast hockey league running 2 lines showed up in a playoffs and knocked out by wheat kings. The game is about confidence.

Steel saw more then enough ice last year to show his skills but he never once looked as good as Leschyshyn has... some of that could of been cause Steel didn't play much last year due to his injury he had, either way Jake has looked very good when given a chance to play.

crashnbang
02-25-2015, 11:23 PM
I don't get what your trying to say here shooter.....

Paddock is very high on Zborovskiy, sure he has been having some turnovers lately but really he hasn't turned the puck over any more then Hobbs has been and Hobbs will be back next year so why won't Zborovskiy? Only way he won't be back is if he stays in Russia and I don't see that happening as he loves it here.

As for our defense in general we will be returning our entire top 6 Dmen.... Hansen I believe will be at camp but I see is trading him. That will leave 1 opening hopefully for krushen if not him we have a few other prospects who will be given a shot but out top 5 next year should be strong as it will be no weaker then it is today and they will all be a year older.

The only comment I agree with is that Krushen shouldn't of been kept the rest of the year but to be fair when the decision was made we had injury problems in our backend and we needed bodies.

As for Leschyshyn with your comment of a silver platter did you not see his 1st 2 games where he was on the 4th line and didn't get a lot of ice time? Yes his last game he was centering a very key line for us and he excelled with it. He has looked better then Steel did at age 15 as a call up, by no means am I expecting him to become another Steel but Steel looked out of place a lot last year where Jake hasn't.

Also Berg has earned his ice time with the pats his first game with us he was very impressive more impressive then Kroeker has looked all year long (not taking anything away from him) Berg has gotten better and better each game he has played with us and that's a great sign of things to come.

Zborovskiy will be back unless he decides not to be but I think he likes it here, he seems quite happy. What will we find for a 2nd import? If not very high calibre and one that can prove it once in WHL games, then there will be no reason to keep a second import on a deep team. Let's see what this high paid scouting staff can find.

I look forward to seeing how Leschyshyn makes out, obviously a good player but I do agree he has been handed a lot of ice time on a very deep team, 2 games of limited ice isn't really putting time in but I suppose giving him some confidence may pay off in the long run. You don't want to upset any chemistry on a team like this though, we don't have any superstars, wins come by committee this year, especially since all of the trades. Adam Berg is a WHL player but just because he gets ranked in NHL draft doesn't put him higher on the Pats depth chart than the next guy in my opinion, I hope the Pats staff understands this. He did get off to a hot start with the Pats, size is his advantage over the next guy on our roster I suppose - I didn't think after 5 goals in AAA midget last year that he had the potential to be more than a 3rd line guy in this league but with 16 goals in AJHL maybe he does? Ya ya, sorry for bringing up stats again Pats Dude but stats do mean at least somehting, only time can tell how good Berg is because this ain't Jr A.

Once we have a healthy lineup, I think Krushen will be wishing he was back in Jr A where he would see some ice. No knock on him, but he's not a forward and that's the only place he coaches can fit him in currenlty due to injuries / illness.

Main camp in the fall will be intense! Should be entertaining and very competitive.

witness
02-26-2015, 08:35 AM
The Pats have a nice stable of young talent. I won't go as far as to say that they are a deep team right now.

Zborovsky has been fine. Because of lack of depth on the back end, he is playing minutes that maybe he shouldn't. But, I think he is doing OK. He is only 17 (in hockey age). I don't think you give up on a 17 year old that is a big body and can skate. Being a rookie in the league and having to deal with the culture change, he is doing fine.

Krushen and Mortlock can't get in the line up because on the most part the Pats are healthy on the back end. And, the play of Carter Hansen. The coaching staff would love to get the young guys some icetime, but Hansen has played so well they can't scratch him.

The guy I love back there is Hilsendanger. Not an overly big guy, but plays really physical. It has been a long time since the Pats had a guy that would really make you pay for bringing the puck down the boards.

I liked Berg's game. I thought he contributed when he was here. But, I also like McAmmond and would like to see him get more icetime. At the end of the day, the Pats will only be able to carry so many in that 97 age group. But the competition will be tough, and these guys have proven they can play in the league. Which will only be an asset to the Pats in the future.

BTW, The best trade ever was Reagan for Cooper. I like Cooper a lot. Really good skill. A great compliment for Steel.

Shooter
02-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Patsdude:

Steele did not look out of place last season. Cameron gave him limited confidence to get rolling. I watched all playoffs.

In fact Cameron gave Wagner no ice either........ again all about player development and confidence.

In fact Cameron may have wrecked more guys last season than he developed if you look at the process. The 40 wins meant nothing getting knocked out by the Wheat Kings first round either !

Paddock has forgot more than Cameron will ever know about player development.
Its shown on the ice and the new owners and leaders hired the right man for the job!

I do expect Leschyshyn too be a very strong player. Steele reminds me of #99 and Jake will be a more of a power forward which plays 200 foot game and teams will hate playing against him!

In closing if Cameron developed some of the boys they would of got by the Wheaties even with Wapple playing on 1 leg!

Last years..... Wheat kings remind me a little of our Pats team this year!

crashnbang
02-26-2015, 11:47 AM
The Pats have a nice stable of young talent. I won't go as far as to say that they are a deep team right now.

Zborovsky has been fine. Because of lack of depth on the back end, he is playing minutes that maybe he shouldn't. But, I think he is doing OK. He is only 17 (in hockey age). I don't think you give up on a 17 year old that is a big body and can skate. Being a rookie in the league and having to deal with the culture change, he is doing fine.

Krushen and Mortlock can't get in the line up because on the most part the Pats are healthy on the back end. And, the play of Carter Hansen. The coaching staff would love to get the young guys some icetime, but Hansen has played so well they can't scratch him.

The guy I love back there is Hilsendanger. Not an overly big guy, but plays really physical. It has been a long time since the Pats had a guy that would really make you pay for bringing the puck down the boards.

I liked Berg's game. I thought he contributed when he was here. But, I also like McAmmond and would like to see him get more icetime. At the end of the day, the Pats will only be able to carry so many in that 97 age group. But the competition will be tough, and these guys have proven they can play in the league. Which will only be an asset to the Pats in the future.

BTW, The best trade ever was Reagan for Cooper. I like Cooper a lot. Really good skill. A great compliment for Steel.

I think it is in our best interest to keep the 97 born core (Wagner, Gabrielle, Cole, Hobbs, Hilsendager, Zborovskiy) (and I hope McAmmond, Berg, Kroeker and Zimmer as well but they would be 2nd tier IMO) all work out but if not they have some trade value. The CAN all stay until after there 19 year old season in 2016-2017, I would suggest that's when they will be hitting their prime, and they will be very experienced, so you keep the core of 97's in tact and then you have projected superstar Steel in his 18 year old season, a big, more mature Smith at 18 and a 17 year old Leschyshyn that should be able to chip in with offense. Don't forget how good 96 born Brooks will be that year as a 20 year old.

So what if you have 10, 11 or even 12 '97 born players on the roster (we have 9 right now without Berg or Zimmer included) - if that is still your deepest age group and they can take you the distance than why not? If Hollett is everything he is hyped up to be, and I don't see it after watching him in Canada games, he should be a very good 17 year old but Brown may be at the top of his game in goal as a 19 year old that season. Leschyshyn should be a strong 17 year old in 2016-2017. By keeping that many 97's you may struggle in 2017-18 when you can only keep 3 of them and Steel is most likely playing Pro that season, but there needs to be a down year every so often. No risk no reward. Most of these 97's will be guys that play somewhere in this league as 20 year olds so they would have some value being moved after there 19 year old season too (or before if things don't go as planend). Injuries, trades and unexpected things will happen though. I'm guessing there is zero chance but Liam Finlay and Liam Schioler will be 2 more 97's coming in next season but they are still on our list so don't give up on them just yet - can an optimistic future change their minds? They won't be the first to realize NCAA Div I rosters are very tough to crack, much tougher than WHL rosters.

patsdude114
02-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Just a couple notes here before im done with this thread......

I'm guessing there is zero chance but Liam Finlay and Liam Schioler will be 2 more 97's coming in next season but they are still on our list so don't give up on them just yet - can an optimistic future change their minds? They won't be the first to realize NCAA Div I rosters are very tough to crack, much tougher than WHL rosters.

Liam Finlay is a '97 but Liam Schioler is a '98

Patsdude:

Steele did not look out of place last season. Cameron gave him limited confidence to get rolling. I watched all playoffs.

In fact Cameron gave Wagner no ice either........ again all about player development and confidence.

I agree that Cameron gave Wagner no ice and at times when he did get ice Wagner did show flashes that we are seeing on a regular basis this season.

As for Steel they gave Steel enough ice to show some things but he played scared a lot (which is normal for a 15yr old) no one cared if he put up any points (which he didn't)

I do expect Leschyshyn too be a very strong player. Steele reminds me of #99 and Jake will be a more of a power forward which plays 200 foot game and teams will hate playing against him!

The comment about Jake being a Power Forward has left me scratching my head... players under 6ft are not considered power forwards, Jake is a very skilled forward was just under 1pt/game (38gp 35pts) playing in midget (15-17yr olds) I do hope he develops a full 200ft game like Klimchuk did over his years here.

Adam Berg is a WHL player but just because he gets ranked in NHL draft doesn't put him higher on the Pats depth chart than the next guy in my opinion, I hope the Pats staff understands this. He did get off to a hot start with the Pats, size is his advantage over the next guy on our roster I suppose - I didn't think after 5 goals in AAA midget last year that he had the potential to be more than a 3rd line guy in this league but with 16 goals in AJHL maybe he does? Ya ya, sorry for bringing up stats again Pats Dude but stats do mean at least somehting, only time can tell how good Berg is because this ain't Jr A.

Please tell me why Berg can not leap above some other 97's on our team (Kroeker, McAmmond) Berg has looked better then those 2 in 10 games then they have all year long.

Also your comment about stats really contradict themselves.... saying stats do matter but yet Berg scored 5 goals in midget AAA and now has 16goals in AJHL & 1goal in the WHL... if stats do matter his 5 goals as a 16yr old in AAA wouldn't it show that he wasn't capable of scoring in the next level?

That's what I mean when I have said in the past that stats don't matter, sometimes its just the players you get stuck playing with or the role you are put into on a certain team. Some players are lucky to always be put into an offensive role but lack the defensive side of the game.

crashnbang
02-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Also your comment about stats really contradict themselves.... saying stats do matter but yet Berg scored 5 goals in midget AAA and now has 16goals in AJHL & 1goal in the WHL... if stats do matter his 5 goals as a 16yr old in AAA wouldn't it show that he wasn't capable of scoring in the next level?

That's what I mean when I have said in the past that stats don't matter, sometimes its just the players you get stuck playing with or the role you are put into on a certain team. Some players are lucky to always be put into an offensive role but lack the defensive side of the game.

My point about stats was for you Patsdude, only you, because you always say stats don't matter whenever I bring them up. If you can only score 5 goals as a 16 year old in AAA midget, I would have to say that means you will not be an offensive player at the WHL level 99% of the time. Sometimes the stats don't tell all and a player makes huge progress after such as season but many times a 5 goal full season of AAA midget gives you at least a general idea of what to expect at the WHL level.

patsdude114
02-26-2015, 02:57 PM
My point about stats was for you Patsdude, only you, because you always say stats don't matter whenever I bring them up. If you can only score 5 goals as a 16 year old in AAA midget, I would have to say that means you will not be an offensive player at the WHL level 99% of the time. Sometimes the stats don't tell all and a player makes huge progress after such as season but many times a 5 goal full season of AAA midget gives you at least a general idea of what to expect at the WHL level.

Ok with that comment there you must think that Wagner shouldn't be scoring at the rate that he is either since after all during his 1 season of Midget AAA he only scored 7goals. So by how your talking he shouldn't be scoring at the rate that he is and shouldn't be ranked to go in the late 2nd round because he only scored 7 goals during his AAA season.

Stats do not always tell the full story of player so with that said yes stats do not always matter. Its what they bring to the table game in and game out when they are not scoring that matters.

crashnbang
02-26-2015, 05:38 PM
Ok with that comment there you must think that Wagner shouldn't be scoring at the rate that he is either since after all during his 1 season of Midget AAA he only scored 7goals. So by how your talking he shouldn't be scoring at the rate that he is and shouldn't be ranked to go in the late 2nd round because he only scored 7 goals during his AAA season.

Stats do not always tell the full story of player so with that said yes stats do not always matter. Its what they bring to the table game in and game out when they are not scoring that matters.

Like I said there are exceptions, Wagner being one. That's it for me in this thread, I'll let you have the last word like always :D

Fight Guy
02-26-2015, 06:36 PM
I don't have any issue with Krushen being on the roster or playing on a more regular basis. I don't know what you guys (or just Shooter..??) expect of a 16yo defenseman playing with pretty well just as inexperienced defensemen?? Not to mention, the whole defensive core struggled with the initial loss of Burroughs. They were also without their most consistent younger defenseman in Hilsendager. Honestly, for a 16yo with little junior experience, I thought Krushen had looked pretty poised and relaxed. I would not say he has struggled, considering how the 18yo's have struggled throughout the season. I will just say quickly, Mortlock looked pretty good again on forward last night! The additional veteran presence and experience on the back end in Hanson has been great and has taken pressure off the young ones. As for Harrison, I still think he's going have to do a lot more than show up to camp to make the team next season. I'm pretty sure Paddock will not hesitate to go with younger players if they show more. I really don't see the Pats going with more than one 19yo forward next season in Brooks, so I don't see any reason in keeping a weaker 19yo defenseman if there are promising 17yo's. My guess, at this VERY early stage, the locks for next season are Williams, Zborovskiy, Hilsendager, Hobbs, and Krushen(more than likely). Then with possible 17yo's in Pouteau(more than likely), Lovell, Freadrich, and maybe even Schioler(who knows for sure what his plans are though?), Harrison and Mortlock are going to have to prove themselves. The only way I see the Pats going with a 19yo is if Koberstein isn't happy with college and decides to play Junior. At least now the Pats actually look appealing for such a player to come back to if he does so choose. Would think Montreal would be happy with the Pats, in that case, as well. Like I said a few days ago...if the Pats offense is in good shape next season, which it does look that way, a younger defense will be fine.

Obviously going to be a really hard camp come next season for decisions, and other things can happen yet, but with how it's shaping up and if this years 17yo core is to mainly remain in tact, then I don't see much room if they want to do the same thing with the defense next season. Maybe there's even a 16yo dman that surprises?? Next year is not the goal. Even though I agree that this years Pats do resemble last years Wheat Kings, though not quite the same level, next season is not in the plans and younger is the route.

Berg is ahead of Kroeker and McAmmond. He has shown he can play in the WHL easily and his IQ seems pretty top notch. His impact has been bigger than both those players and will even be a boost down the stretch, depending on the Mustangs season. Unless Kroeker looks amazing next season, he may be squeezed out. Unfortunately, same with McAmmond even. I've also been saying the Zimmer ship has sailed, but after how he looked in his recent call up, he could very well be more in the mix.

The prospects this season easily got more opportunity than prospects had in the past. Out of the 15's and 16's this season, Leschyshyn has been the most impressive. Not just because of his skills, as he hasn't shown that he could do a whole lot more than Elmer or Gardiner could. It's his confidence that is going to make him excel more, possibly even this season. Though he may not get the same opportunity as he did when there were injuries on his call-ups, the way he isn't afraid at all to get involved and is always hungry for the puck, he is going to create opportunities to be successful. I don't want to go over board, but he could end being productive like Point as a 15yo. Have to think, if Paddock is so high on him and payed what he did to get him, chances are he's going to continue to throw prime opportunity at him. Right now, he looks to become a great all around, 200ft player rather than a power forward. Who knows though, maybe he has some growing to do yet?!....

Maybe we should start a 2015/16 roster thread if there is going to be so much opinion and question marks leading up to camps? Clearly there are differences in opinion.

Shooter
03-02-2015, 10:51 AM
You can make the numbers look whatever way you want SCOUTS!

Get over the Pats players moving to the USA for Education and hockey.

There is no right or wrong choice in hockey at end of day its hockey and only 600 jobs in NHL.