PDA

View Full Version : Giants 2 Winterhawks 5 - Feb 20th, 2015

dondo
02-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Watched the latter half of the second and the whole third on WHL Live. The Giants were good in the second and holding their own, but when the Hawks scored a very nice goal in the third and then a kind of ugly one about a minute later - they kicked it up into over-drive and the G's could not keep pace.

Lee made some nice stops I saw and the Gs' PK was perfect, but when the Winterhawks kicked it up a notch they brought a complete game. I do have to say that on the replay it really looked like Vivieros goal (the Hawks 5th) was off-side and should have been called as such.

Love that Benson was mixing it up late in the third and although he took the undisciplined extra penalty I like seeing that kind of emotion out of him. There was lots I saw in this game which I liked, but the Gs were just hanging on once the Hawks made it 4-2.

Other thoughts?

Giantsfan
02-21-2015, 10:18 AM
It was a pretty boring game for the first 2 periods. Not much flow, not much of anything. Another game where there was no intensity or passion.

Lee was really good. He had no chance on any of the goals & made some nice saves. I thought he played better in this game than the one vs MJ.

Ronning's first game in four & he ends up a -4. OUCH! He was completely invisible, & as usual a non factor. I'd rather see anyone else on the roster in his place.

The Giants special teams weren't bad. PK was very good & Gmen had one of their best scoring chances on the night (Benson-Popoff shorthanded) but it rolled off Popoff's stick.

PP was pretty ineffective & didn't look dangerous all night.

Seeing how Portland turned it up so quick shows how much better they are. Game was over when they made it 4-2.

Good crowd on hand. Building looked really full.