PDA

View Full Version : Flash Mob 2016

Giantsfan
02-21-2015, 03:33 PM
I was reading an article that Steve Ewen had written about the flash mob & how they are thinking of having the entire lower bowl dedicated to it next season. They are also talking about some sort of compensation for the fans that don't want to take part. Count me as one of them.

Sorry, but I want no part of it. I thought the first one was unique & ok, but this is becoming like the outdoor games, redundant & done. I'm going there to watch a hockey game not a bunch of kids wearing pink shirts & sing. It's not glee, it's a fukin' hockey game.

The game has become all too family friendly & a lot of the passion, aggressiveness & physical play is gone & I'm sorry but to have a bunch of people wearing pink shirts isn't going to stop bullying. It'll always be around & maybe this will sound insensitive but I wanna watch a game with physical play maybe a fight or two but with this type of atmosphere it almost kills any sort of rough play because of the message they are trying to send.

I like the bobblehead nights but stop it with this ridiculous pink shirt, everyone sing & sway crap.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/02/21/whl-giants-looking-at-expanding-anti-bullying-flash-mob-filling-lower-bowl-next-season/

Giantsfan
02-21-2015, 03:53 PM
I'm sure they'll do it again next year during the day so all the kids can take the day off school. I've mentioned that if they do it again, make it against a team the Giants see more than one time every two seasons.

I think all the kids get in free but the parents have to pay. It probably makes them a lot of money from the merchandise they sell & they get a lot of coverage about it from the local news stations.

The Giants have had some great promo in years past but this is just weak & is attended by people who wouldn't normally go to a game or have any interest in the game.

johnnyradiant
02-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Decided work took priority to that game. In the past the concourse was fairly active during those pink games until it was just about their showtime when they took their seats, then a noticeable amount of them completely dissapeared from the building after their 'event'. I bet they had more stick around this time because I assuming alot came and went with their school bus.

I don't care if they do it again but I certainly think if they are going to schedule mid week afternoon games they should be against divisional foes and certainly not eastern conference foes.

Giantsfan
02-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Yeah I noticed that this time most stuck around to watch the game. In years past they sang & then left. Maybe because it was a day game most stuck around. I don't know but in my opinion it should not be at a Giants game. We are there to watch a game not a concert.

BTW thanks, I was wondering if someone was going to comment on this or not.

dondo
02-26-2015, 10:03 PM
I have no issues with the flash mob, but I do have an issue with their plan to "compensate" seasons ticket holders so they can move the flash mob to the lower bowl. More alienation of an already alienated fan-base is not a plan it's a poorly thought out knee-jerk decision by people too busy inventing PR moments without fully thinking about the consequences.

It's fine in the upper bowl and I have to say that the dimming the lights during both intermissions and the incessant yammering over the loud-speakers (only half of which could really be understood) and poor videos really did nothing to help their cause this time around.

I personally think it's fun and it is a great awareness campaign. Is it effective? I don't know, but a few minutes in the middle of a period to dance and have fun wearing pink shirts does not really slow down the game and is just fine by me.

And agreed johnnyradiant that it needs to be division rivals, who we see far too many times already, that need to be the daytime game and not a team we see once every two years.