PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs Ice Tigers Warriors (2)

patsdude114
02-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Well tonights game against the Ice is another segment of Wiener Wednesday

Looking forward to watching Bozon and Reinhart tonight, its been almost a year to the day when Bozon was sent to the Saskatoon ER with his life threatening condition. There was a great article in the LP today about him, its hard to hate this guy as he has been threw so much as a person and has came back against all odds.

patsdude114
02-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Interesting game tonight the Ice have a lot of very skilled forwards on their team. I said to my buddy in the 2nd period the same thing the coaching comment after the game and that was we were getting way to fcken cute and it came back to bite us in the damn a*s....

I don't know how the Ice can not draw more fans to their games, god if we had a player as good as Reinhart we would have 5000+ at every game. He is such a treat to watch, that goal he scored tonight Wapple stood no chance on that such a quick release.

I thought the line of Kroeker McAmmond Mortlock were very good all night long too bad they got no ice in the 3rd period.

All in all was a very good hockey game to watch tonight IMO... there was no way there was 5066 people there tonight though got to love the toonie exchange nights.

Fight Guy
02-26-2015, 07:46 PM
That first period was high paced! Reminded me of the Pats before the trades. If they stick to the game plan, they will continue to be successful. It was very obvious they were starting to get too cute with the puck. They were relentless with the shots in the first, then they started trying to make the perfect pass/shot and that slowed they're pace down and let Kootenay play. It also seems to be a continuing trend, but the physical game has kind of stuck around, and it has helped a lot. Hobbs hip check late in the game was fantastic and ridiculously solid!

I like that one of McCrimmon's trades may end up biting him in the ass a bit. Though he got Pilon in the deal, Kelly has to be a bit choked Cooper ended up on his direct competition for the next year and a half (from deadline). Especially with the way he has been producing! If he continues to play this well and produce like this next season, he will be just as good or a better replacement for the possible top scoring 20yo in Gay or Hunt. And for a Reagan who was struggling here.

I really hope this physical play keeps continuing. It has been a late season treat and adds another element to their game. As long as they are smart with their checks, which they have been mostly, keep it coming! Obviously, it's no good to be physical if you don't know when to play the puck over playing the body.

One thing that continues to bug me is D'Amico. He seems to be giving up far to easily. Sure, it sucks going from playing on a contending team to a younger, not so contending team, but suck it up. You're still on a good team with great coaches. I understand it sucks for players to work hard to move up and then be favoured over by younger players, but its the nature of the game and Paddock gives a lot more equal opportunity compared to Cameron or Conacher. It's much more of a team game this season and not showing up to play is just going to look bad on you. Christoffer has looked a lot better lately and has played his ass off after looking disinterested early on after the deadline.

One last thing about this game, that line of Kroeker, McAmmond, and Mortlock looked really good last night. They were punishing and Kroeker had extra room to showcase the skills and speed he has, but we don't get to see too often. That line was a nice surprise. They looked especially good in the first period when the whole team was firing on all cylinders.

RWAH
02-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Off topic but Small Thought has a breakdown of all the playoff races and the games that each team has remaining Link: http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/

RWAH
02-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Will be strange to see Burroughs and Hunt in MH colors but will enjoy watching them again. Hope the Pats do something to recognize the years here that they both put in. Should be a good game both teams seem to play their best against each other
GO PATS GO

chopper
02-27-2015, 11:40 PM
We came oh so close to stealing a point but the result was the correct one. For most of the game our work ethic and commitment didn't match the Tigers. Our speed was substandard and our discipline was poor. Combine that with some crappy officiating = a loss!

Howe and Byblow..geez we couldn't have drawn any two worse than these guys. It makes me wish for Nathan Wieler back again. PK was good but the PP is back to struggling. It's too bad we didn't work as hard on any of our PP's like we did in the last few minutes…

Can anyone explain what's happened to D'Amico?? He has lost his skating speed, work ethic and gives up on everything. He loses every battle. He has to get out of his funk because he is hurting the team. Just because the team has changed is no reason to quit…

Alll in all I doubt that Paddock was very happy. They will need to be much better tomorrow night or they will rack up another "L".

Fight Guy
02-28-2015, 04:24 PM
That was a pretty brutal calling by the officials (mostly Howe), but they certainly didn't entirely dictate the game. They hampered it, but this young team will hopefully eventually learn to battle through crappy calls like earlier in the season. Howe seemed so sure of himself all the time and was probably infuriating trying to talk to him. Oh well though. It's not like the Pats played good enough to win.

Well...they almost did, lol. At least almost 1pt. That post to post in the final seconds was ridiculous. They were that close! Sucks they didn't really find they're game and hold some pressure till Wapple was pulled. Cooper keeps rolling though. They played more defensive or scared all game. Not even engaging in some battles and just setting up to defend. The way the game was called may have played a bit of a roll in that, but their fortunes changes when they got their game going.

D'Amico is really playing with a crappy attitude right now. I'm sure it's frustrating not producing or getting the opportunities like when all the 19's were around, but again...SUCK IT UP!! Just play hard and good things will happen. He really stood out against Kootenay as the rest of the team battled hard the whole game. Hope he snaps out of it.

As upset about the effort as Paddock likely was, I'm sure he also felt for his team. He saw the same stuff going on and not being called. The inconstancy in officiating must be a huge change for him coming from the pros. Though they are still learning in the AHL, this is the juniors for officials too. I know he's a huuuuuge fan of the consistency in icing calls!

D cherry
02-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Yup . Harrison is out on the last two goals . Last night was the same . I hope we are not the only ones seeing it !!i hope he gets more ice time .

patsdude114
02-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Yup . Harrison is out on the last two goals . Last night was the same . I hope we are not the only ones seeing it !!

Actually it was Williams and Hobbs on the ice for the Howden goal to tie the game. Go look at the game sheet it proves it.....

If you think tonight's loss is cause of Harrison you need to give beat your head into a brick wall and it shows just how much you really know about hockey. The entire team was brutal in the 2nd period (yet again) we had good 1st and 3rd periods but the 2nd period we had no effort at all. Pats were probably lucky that Eberle got hurt in the 3rd period cause he was everywhere tonight for the Warriors.

Was it just me or was Hansen no where to be found late in the 2nd and all of the 3rd period? He get hurt or benched did anyone notice who was at the game, cause I didn't notice him at all after the midway point in the 2nd

D cherry
02-28-2015, 10:01 PM
I did look and it was number 6 in the blue paint with brown. You must be a Harrison fan . Alittle slow to pick things up some times . Patsdude game sheets not always right. I could show you from some past games .have you ever had skates on ?did you see who hit him . It was Hilsendager in front of the pats bench . Just In Case you mist it Patsdude !!

Bleeder
02-28-2015, 10:04 PM
Thank-you Patsdude! D-cherry should stop watching the Pats games through the bottom of his draft glass and actually pay attention to the game!

D cherry
02-28-2015, 10:10 PM
Is that right Bleeder. Have you been to a game yet . Bleeder what happen to Eberly then if you where watching . Fill us in. You Pats nevers about home ice .bleeder I probably watch more hockey in a week than you do in a month.what no come backs !!

Bleeder
02-28-2015, 10:47 PM
If you must know. I have watched, listened or been to last 150 games! Unlike you, I actually pay attention the game and the systems they play! You pipe up every once in awhile and criticize individuals or the Pats in general! If you say anything of value maybe should go watch games at the Wickenheiser arena and start a thread about peewee hockey!!? Because that's about your speed!

Bleeder
02-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Elvis has left the building! Have a great night!

patsdude114
02-28-2015, 11:01 PM
I did look and it was number 6 in the blue paint with brown. You must be a Harrison fan . Alittle slow to pick things up some times . Patsdude game sheets not always right. I could show you from some past games .have you ever had skates on ?did you see who hit him . It was Hilsendager in front of the pats bench . Just In Case you mist it Patsdude !!

Cherry go back and re-read my post I never asked how Eberle got hurt lol I know how he got hurt. I asked what happened to Hansen... did he get benched or did he get hurt was my question... god there are some real winners here lately

As for the game tying goal I think you need to go rewatch the replay as it was Williams in the paint with Howden not Harrison so yes in this case the game sheet is 110% correct.... you on the other hand need to pay more attention.

Cherry you make it way to damn easy, your name is a disgrace at least the real D Cherry knows his hockey you on the other hand........:groovy:

Also 1 last night.... mist not sure that belongs in hockey talk lol

D cherry
02-28-2015, 11:03 PM
Now you think your Elvis . You should stay out of the building. Thanks Patsdude. Isn't time to move snow .just checking to see if your watching .sorry Patsdude you where right again it was William . I hope you can forgive me .

chopper
03-01-2015, 09:27 AM
IMO the three things the Pats need to deal with ASAP is finding and playing a 60 minute game, discipline and leadership. Playing a 60 minute game has been an issue all season. They better find it quick or the playoffs for them will be over quick.

Discipline issues appeared to be cleaned up but have started again. Friday night Christopher our captain a needless double minor. Last night Williams an assistant, two needless slashing minors. If the Pats think they can play SC shorthanded in the playoffs..wrong!

Christopher, Williams, D'Amico and Padakin are our leadership group. They all need to better in individual areas. If they won't lead the followers won't follow.

Last night was a case where the work ethic, defensive commitment, goaltending, and discipline were not where they need to be. It does appear that we will only go as far as Wapple will carry us. Now would be good time for our leaders to emerge.

Fight Guy
03-01-2015, 10:02 AM
That wasn't a bad game other than the second. I didn't see anything happen to Hansen, but I noticed his absence in the third and wondered myself. I only noticed Krushen on thebice a couple times, and that was when I realized Hansen was missing. Although Harrison, in my opinion, has had a decent weekend, he isn't quick enough with his decisions and faster forwards are pressuring him and he get flustered. Like I said, he's been decent this weekend, but still needs to get better.

Didn't even realize till after the game he had a hat trick. Nice 4pt night. I feel Gabrielle needs to play with some more skill to get the scoring opportunities he did in Brandon. Cole and D'Amico aren't the best fit I don't think. D'Amico quiye obviously would prefer to play with older players as he was much more into it last night. Shouldn't be catering to players preferences, but if it helps motivate him, change the lines up a bit. I still think, in the long run, having Gabrielle on a line with Steel would be beneficial. With continued play they should develope chemistry and he would be able to look after Steel too. Plus, they're going to be playing together for a few years. Steel doesn't need to play with only older players. Last night showed that the "3rd line" could use a change. Things will be shaking up soon though with the arrival of Leschyshyn and Berg...though Berg had to go and make the playoffs with the Mustangs, so he'll be a bit longer.

Lets hope for a full effort tonight.

WesternHockeyScout
03-01-2015, 01:21 PM
I feel Gabrielle needs to play with some more skill to get the scoring opportunities he did in Brandon. Cole and D'Amico aren't the best fit I don't think. D'Amico quiye obviously would prefer to play with older players as he was much more into it last night. Shouldn't be catering to players preferences, but if it helps motivate him, change the lines up a bit. I still think, in the long run, having Gabrielle on a line with Steel would be beneficial.

Was talking about this last night. Good to see Gabrielle is a ppg guy since getting healthy, and being able to do that while playing on what is essentially a checking line is very impressive. That said, I read on Phil Andrews blog that half Gabrielle's points over this stretch have come while playing with Adam Brooks, who isn't part of that checking line. Ditto for Brooks, who has had half his points in February while playing with Gabrielle. Funny thing is, they don't play together very often. Maybe a lot of missed opportunities, as they do seem to have some great chemistry together. Last season, Brandon found chemistry down the stretch pairing Gabrielle with John Quenneville. Maybe Regina could capture the same lightning in a bottle for the stretch run by pairing Gabrielle and Brooks.

Fight Guy
03-01-2015, 02:13 PM
I actually forgot to mention how he has been playing more on the PP and he showing his worth. Though he has that quick shot that he can score with, he's been perfect infront of the net cleaning up the garbage. Pretty sure he has more garbage goals than pretty. I was thinking he might look good with Brooks and Wagner. I feel like he played with them one game, but not sure for a bit. Not sure though.

sbtatter
03-01-2015, 03:54 PM
I actually forgot to mention how he has been playing more on the PP and he showing his worth. Though he has that quick shot that he can score with, he's been perfect infront of the net cleaning up the garbage. Pretty sure he has more garbage goals than pretty. I was thinking he might look good with Brooks and Wagner. I feel like he played with them one game, but not sure for a bit. Not sure though.

Not getting any PP time in Bdn was part of his Dad's beef with KM. Good to see him start scoring some goals now for the Pats

Fight Guy
03-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Not getting any PP time in Bdn was part of his Dad's beef with KM. Good to see him start scoring some goals now for the PatsI was starting to think about that the last little while. I recall people saying that was one of the issues, and with the lack of PP time he's been getting here, I was really starting to hope things don't go south. After seeing him work on the PP recently though, he needs to be on it more often.

patsdude114
03-01-2015, 04:40 PM
He also has to remember he is 17yrs old and his time is coming in the next 2 seasons, which would of been the same in BRN as well.

Gabrielle has been great for the Pats since coming here just wish he would finally drop the mitts and tune someone in.... I really thought when RD was here him and Noigier were going to go a few times but nothing ever came out of it besides words being exchanged and a few slashes back and forth all game long.

I have noticed though that since Gabrielle has been with the Pats and even though he doesn't get ice time with Steel it has helped Steel as he hasn't been getting any extra works after whistles and such. I think the main reason for that is it is known league wide that Gabrielle will jump you if its needed to be done and doesn't care if you are willing to go or not, which I think would be the case if someone went over board with Steel in terms of how they handle him between whistles and during the play.

Tonight' game should be a good 1 as last night it really seemed like there was a lot of intensity between the teams and that was the feeling I got just from watching it on webcast.

Fight Guy
03-01-2015, 05:22 PM
It was actually a near sell out last night for the 30th Anniversary Night. Haven't seen Mosaic that full since the year 15yo Point molested the Pats in the playoffs.

Also, the comment about Gabrielle being 17yo and his time will come. I understand that's how it works(mostly), but he's skilled enough to be getting more opportunity. I mean, considering the PP has been a complete pile of crap all year and his play on it has been a bright spot recently. It's certainly not an issue of having too many skilled guys who are successful on a regular basis. Brandon has had a dominant PP all season. The Pats, on the other hand.......

WesternHockeyScout
03-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Also, the comment about Gabrielle being 17yo and his time will come. I understand that's how it works(mostly), but he's skilled enough to be getting more opportunity.......You're exactly right. He's in the top tier of the age group in the WHL. He's been an elite scorer at ever level, including this one. Going through the entire 2012 Bantam Draft, only Nick Merely and Tyler Soy have more goals in the WHL than Gabrielle and at even strength nobody from the 2012 bantam draft has more.

Not getting any PP time in Bdn was part of his Dad's beef with KM.

Lots of rumor and mis-information surrounding the Klimchuk/Gabrielle trade, including this. But the the truth is fairly shocking, and has nothing to do with ice time or opportunity.

The Gabrielle camp, led by Don Meehan and Craig Oster, handled the situation with great dignity and discretion.

patsdude114
03-01-2015, 06:51 PM
My comment about gabrielle and PP with only being 17 wasn't fully directed only at Jesse but at all 17yr olds in general. If he was pissed off about not getting PP time BRN I can understand it but also when your on an elite team like BRN has it's understandable that a 17yr old wasn't seeing the ice during the PP.... Here in Regina yes out PP has sucked all year long even with the (4) 19yr olds we traded away so yes I have zero issues with him being on the PP and as of late Id have zero issues with taking Steel off the PP for a game or 2 as he has been making some really bad plays lately which could just be due to all these games starting to wear him out as he plays in every situation for the Pats.

D cherry
03-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Your right again Patsdude , steel is showing sign of getting tired . That's a lot of ice time for those young legs . Jesse played well .It will be nice to see Wagner back his speed help this team look better . Harrison played a good D game looked more involved and heads up hockey.

WesternHockeyScout
03-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Gabrielle on a line with Steel would be beneficial. With continued play they should develope chemistry and he would be able to look after Steel too. Plus, they're going to be playing together for a few years.Looks like you nailed it. Put them together for one period and they connect on 2 goals. Continued good luck to you guys!

Fight Guy
03-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Though they did show some good passing to one another, Steel and Gabrielle weren't necessarily the key contributors on the goals. The first one, Willms down, goal mouth scramble... Gabrielle comes into the mix in the crease and four Warriors gravitate to him, leaving one team mate to defend against Steel and Padakin. Second one was all Padakin. Really wish he had scored on the play. He smoothly skated through the two defenders with a little move and took a shot with Willms saving it, but giving the rebound up to Gabrielle, who put it in the back of the net.

Now, the reason they were together at all was because Gabrielle took Cooper's place. Anyone catch what happened to Cooper?? Would be a real bummer if he is out of the line-up for any extended period of time again. At least the Pats get a bit of a break here before Alberta next weekend. Would be nice if both he and Wagner are back for Edmonton. Leschyshyn should be with the team this week too, so it will be interesting to see how much he is used. Like I said in another thread... If Paddock wanted him so bad, chances are he's going to give him lots of opportunity.

Harrison did play a pretty good game...except for when Padakin had to save his ass when he gave the puck away to two Warriors. He took the hooking penalty to stop what was looking like an easy goal. Hilsendager had a bad night. Noticed him on the ice way more than usual, which in his case, isn't really good. He seemed to be battling himself and was a bit out of it. Liked the physical game though. Everyone was good physically. They really need to keep that up!

Would be great to get a win off the Oil Kings this season, but I'm honesty not too optimistic. :(

patsdude114
03-01-2015, 10:35 PM
i could be wrong about Cooper but I think he was just benched, I thought I saw him on the bench after the game when the players celebrated the win..... he didn't look good tonight at all when he was on the ice but who knows maybe he did get hurt and left the game.

The 1st 40mins of this game was a real snoozer there was no life to this game at all until the 3rd period started.

I have really noticed how much we miss Wagner on the ice, his speed really makes the other team aware of who's on the ice at all times..... Wagner is a huge part of this team anyone who may of thought otherwise just watch the past 3 games and its very noticeable what he means to this Pats team.

WesternHockeyScout
03-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Though they did show some good passing to one another, Steel and Gabrielle weren't necessarily the key contributors on the goals. Oh, I don't know about that. I think you are being modest. Just going off the Pats facebook replays, (https://www.facebook.com/reginapats), on the first one, Gabrielle makes a nice zone entry with a drop pass to Steel, who feeds a nice cross ice pass to Padakin,who puts it on net. Gabrielle is there to make sure Wilms cant cover the rebound and fights off 3 Warriors to put smack the puck loose for Steel, who pulls it free for Padakin to get a whack at it. I'd say they were both pretty significant in that play. Especiallywhen you look at the overhead provided on the facebook replays. But yeah, this is teamwork - http://reginapats.com/video/53713.

The second goal is made possible by Padakin's move to get to the net and get a backhand off, but very good hockey sense and awareness to stalk the play without the puck and read that rebound.

At least on these two plays, seems like the 3 of them read each other well.