PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next Captain?

Jovorock
07-31-2005, 09:26 AM
I thought it was a lock with Spurgeon, but with him getting both shoulder operated on will he be the next captain? Spurg will be out until at least December.

J23
07-31-2005, 02:10 PM
I would have thought Spurgeon as well, which leads me to this question. Is it possible to name Spurgeon as captain and then have someone else act as captain until Spurgeon returns?? He's really the only one I can picture as captain, he's a great guy on and off the ice, never hear the guys say a negative thing about him. Hope he can recover quickly, Scott and the Rockets organization are pretty good with getting the boys back into the game sooner than later! :)

IamBatman
08-01-2005, 10:15 PM
I agree with both post thus far. Spurgeon definitely had it in the bag, but with recent events. Look for Ray to step it up and take the captaincy.

Jovorock
08-02-2005, 06:35 AM
I do think Ray will be the temporay captain until Spurg returns in December. The only good thing about this injury is someone like little Cutter will get extra minutes while Spurg is out.

Beaner
08-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Wow , what happened to Spurgeons shoulders? Seems like a fairly brutal injury.

Teaps
08-02-2005, 05:22 PM
He might have had them hurt when he got the concussion last year

Jovorock
08-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Wow , what happened to Spurgeons shoulders? Seems like a fairly brutal injury.
I heard it was amazing that he even played in the playoffs, he was that hurt. It was total guts by Spurg to play through the pain.

Beaner
08-03-2005, 10:06 AM
I heard it was amazing that he even played in the playoffs, he was that hurt. It was total guts by Spurg to play through the pain.

Yeah if he is out till December like your saying, that has to be an extremely serious injury. Amazing that he even put his jersey on. Got to give the guy props for suiting up. :clap:

Clapping for a rocket, there is just something wrong with that. :laugh: ;)

Hopefully he can have a speedy recovery.

Jovorock
08-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Clapping for a rocket, there is just something wrong with that. :laugh: ;)

Glad to see you step up in class. :clap: