PDA

View Full Version : TC 3 - Giants )

Swando
03-05-2015, 12:12 AM
I was going to go out on a limb in an earlier thread and say..that the Giants beating the worst team in the WHL due to their "injuries" was a no brainer
Glad I kept my mount shut!

TC is missing 8 players and both their top goalies at last report. They have lost 10 straight or something like that.

I didn't listen to the game more than 2 minutes when TC scored.. I had enough. This team is pathetic and and I feel sorry for the coach that has to put up with them the next 3 weeks before he leaves to rejoin his wife in Arizona.

i have already given away my last 15 tickets.... for the last 5 games,,,, thus no renewal in site. If I was the GM I would take calls on Benson as he is the only marketable player we have..sorry let me start again. If I was the GM I would fire my scouting director and staff and start over. I was told from Bonner himself that 90% of the scouts are volunteer....

I say this ...If you run a multimillion dollar business with a foundation based on volunteers then no wonder you are last in the league!

I have heard it all.

1. Can't compete as most teams have GM's that are also owners!! ?
2. 90 % of our scouts are volunteers
3. Couldn't draft certain Bantam pics due to Don Hay's coaching style
4. Can't get the right coach because the cost of living is to high in Vancouver area.

Enough said.... I don't see Giants winning another game this season...oh that's right I won't see them as I gave away my tickets

Giantsfan
03-05-2015, 02:22 AM
I've never heard that the scouts are volunteers. How are they making a living? That makes zero sense & I can't see it. Sounds like bullsh*t to me.

Giantsfan
03-05-2015, 02:25 AM
That's an interesting take I haven't heard. Take calls on Benson. Why not, he won't be in the league by the time the Giants are a good team again.

They have no number 1 centerman for him to pass to, why not? I think you're on to something with that. I like it, I think it's a great idea but it won't happen because they love to rave about him & they promote him in the commercials.

LOL Hottest team in town is what is said about them on the commercials.

Swando
03-05-2015, 02:54 AM
I heard that same commercial as well while i was leaving Rona and just about hit a pile of 2 by 4's .lol At least we agree on a few things GF:clap:

johnnyradiant
03-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Haven't heard the commericial but might the hottest team come from the fact that there has been a strong case for 'warm up the bus' a lot this season and sometimes before event the first puck drop?

Lucic
03-06-2015, 12:12 PM
The thought of trading Benson would seem ridiculous to most outsiders. Even to me in some ways it sounds ridiculous. Although understandable. I really wouldn't be opposed to it at all. The sad thing is I have zero confidence the Giants would benefit from such a trade. It's a catch 22 in my eyes. They aren't going to go anywhere with Benson but I don't believe they would get a good enough return if they moved him. I have no faith in the scouting staff and their drafting track record.

There are so many problems with this organization from top to bottom I wouldn't even know where to start addressing the problem. There isn't an easy fix either. Plenty of blame to go around.

MeszarosFan
03-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Why would Benson even want to stay here. With the current state of this franchise his development is going to suffer. Unless there is a dramatic improvement next season, he would be better served playing on a team that's a contender.

dondo
03-07-2015, 01:09 AM
swando is echoing how I feel right now, but I am going to stick it out.

As for Benson, the team really needs to make a deal to get a top level centreman/goal scorer for him to play with. They can give up three years of first rounders for all I care (the amount of good they do with them), but we cannot let this promising young kid stultify on such a development poor team - he needs players who will make him better and if it's Bonner or a new GM (hopefully) their first order of business is to acquire a bonafide top level line mate or two to play with Benson and push him.

I also agree with Lucic that dealing him won't help the team as the powers that be have already proven how badly they have wasted first round picks and squandered pure talent when it rarely brushes by their door.

My wish list is a new GM and new staff - especially our coaching staff - Hire a few really good scouts - focus on the product not the gimmicks -- I'm so done with all of the gimmicks. I need to believe in the hockey and the players and team again.