PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs PA SC

patsdude114
03-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Midas well get this thread going....

Basically right now my only thought about these up coming games is this.... With the PA Minots knocked out of the playoffs on Saturday night by the Hounds (who now play the Pat C's) I hope the Pats add Erik Gardiner to their roster to get him and Leschyshyn game action together. These 2 players are key players in our rebuild just like the 97 group is

Fight Guy
03-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Hard to say if Gardiner will also join this season. I suppose he would be doing nothing now anyway, so even if he didn't get a ton of ice time, he will still get that much more acquainted with the team for next season. Don't think he would get thrown into the fire like Leschyshyn. Either way, wouldn't hurt having him on the roster. The Pats would have that many more players around too in case anyone else goes down this season instead of having the bare minimum and always having to try and call someone up.

I really like the way Paddock has treated the team in that capacity though. Instead of having players sitting in the stands all season with a clip board and a pencil, they're on a team getting valuable ice time. At most, a few players mostly rotated in and out of the line-up this season, but still always played lots.

As for these games, I'm anxious to see how the Pats play against Swift Current Wednedsay. Could be the first game of the playoffs...sort of...ish. The Broncos will (probably) be playing their asses off trying to secure their spot in 3rd. Should be another entertaining game. Will be making the trip for the game, so hopefully they don't bomb like they did my first game in Brandon in January.

RWAH
03-09-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm with you Fight Guy it is important for the Pats to send a message to both Swift and Moose Jaw and put in their best effort. No need to give either team momentum going into the playoffs. Especially Swift as they have a lead in the season series. Moose Jaw is scary as they are on a roll and if the Pats let them continue and roll over the Pats it could be like Brandon last year ( this year the Pats will have better goal tending) but two wins for MJ and they get all the confidence and momentum.

Fight Guy
03-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Still waiting to see, but wonder who the Pats start in net?? I'm guessing Wapple will be back, but I wouldn't be opposed to letting him sit one more game as he would then be in it for the long haul after that against the teams that are still relevant.

Like RWAH said, they should be most concerned about the games against SC and MJ. Though they should play their best throughout the rest of these final games regardless, the games against PA really don't matter near as much. Interested to see who Brandon dresses next week.

brandonboy
03-10-2015, 05:47 PM
I know it sounds off but if I was a Pat fan I'd almost want to take a lose to Swift. I know they've played you guys hard this year but one would think now with how MJ turning it up you would rather the Broncos over the Warriors in the first round.

nivek_wahs
03-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Looks like Wapple is getting the nod tonight.

Fight Guy
03-10-2015, 06:26 PM
I see that, and Hansen is getting a night off. He was in and out of the line-up early on, but has been workhorse on defense and has played really well. I'm guessing it's for a break and to get Mortlock into the line-up. Been a bit for him now. Still liked him up front those few games.

As for sandbagging, trying to pick their opponent... Even though both SC and MJ are playing the way they are, both teams play the Pats well. MJ only started more recently, but still. They both give me an uneasy feeling. Besides, I really don't see the Wheaties getting any less than 5 of 6pts in their final three games versus MJ, so the Warriors are still in tough to over take SC. I'm still thinking the Broncos will hold on to 3rd. It's gonna to be tight!

patsdude114
03-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Oh I agree that I still believe SC is going to be our 1st rd match up even though id love a Pats vs Warriors playoff match up again. SC just has a much easier schedule then the Warriors got, luck of the draw for SC really as if it was SC having to play BRN to close out the season I wouldn't like SC chances at keeping 3rd spot then. IMO SC is going to be taking the backdoor into the playoffs just by default of the Warriors.

By the sounds of it Steel's injury is not serious as per twitter but when I saw him go down and grabbing his knee and on the replay it didn't look good for young Steel.

Tonight McBride stole that win there is no other way around it, we needed that early 1 to get to him but he made some insane saves in the 1st period and continued it all the way thru the game... seemed like every 5th save or so was a huge timely save.

witness
03-11-2015, 08:37 AM
By the sounds of it Steel's injury is not serious as per twitter but when I saw him go down and grabbing his knee and on the replay it didn't look good for young Steel.

And they also said that Cooper's injury was not serious and he missed 3 weeks.

The Pats are in a good spot. Give Wapple and Williams some days off. I think that Hansen got a day off because he is a little banged up.

The Warriors are in tough. the 3 in 5 nights will kill them. They have a line and a half. Eberle's injury comes at a really bad time. They were up on the Wheat Kings last night, but just don't have the horses to close the game.

A Pats/Warriors match up would be awesome, but so is the SC match up. Win/Win as far as I'm concerned.

sbtatter
03-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Injury bug hitting all the teams lately. Hopefully for you guys Steel isnt out as long as Patrick has been. Either way, you guys are going to beat SC or MJ, Paddocks coaching is stellar

Fight Guy
03-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Pats played great on Tuesday. Dominant like before the trades. Unfortunately, McBride was somehow even better. Was a great played and physical game by the Pats. Wapple probably wants a couple goals back.

Last night they played almost as good. Swift Current was more physical, but the Pats didn't back down. Didn't seem as physical as the night previous, but did enough. Christoffer's check from behind was stupid. He didn't need to do that for redemption on the boarding Hobbs endured seconds before. Byblow and Campbell let a lot go, which is fine. Made for exciting hockey, but they also let a lot go. In the third, almost seemed like they were giving the Broncos more of a chance the way they were making calls. Pats PP and PK were good though. If they meet in the playoffs, it's going to be a gooder!

Hopefully Steel's injury isn't too serious. Just read that he likely won't play this weekend. Would be great if Wagner got back into the line up though. Is Berg still getting called up, too??

calcheyup
03-12-2015, 01:32 PM
I just saw the Tuesday roundup on the WHL site today. 55 saves on 58 shots? That's insane even for junior hockey. Anyone offhand know the record for shots/saves in regulation is in the Dub? That must approach it.

nivek_wahs
03-12-2015, 03:11 PM
I just saw the Tuesday roundup on the WHL site today. 55 saves on 58 shots? That's insane even for junior hockey. Anyone offhand know the record for shots/saves in regulation is in the Dub? That must approach it.

The Most Shots On Goal in one game was By Brandon who took 85 (yes 85) shots against the Pats on March 12/79. Brandon won that contest 14-4.

The Most Saves by a goalie in regulation is held by Lucas Gore (Chilliwack) who made 72 saves in regulation. Spokane won the March 16, 2011 game 2-1 in a shootout. He also made 5 more saves in the overtime period (stopped 77 of 78 in 65 minutes of work).

Shots by Chilliwack:
9 - 8 - 5 - 1 = 23

Shots by Spokane:
11 - 32 - 30 - 5 = 78 (79 for the shootout goal win)

Link to the game summary (hopefully the link works whl.ca has been wonky today):
http://whl.ca/schedule/show/game/24788

calcheyup
03-12-2015, 04:24 PM
The Most Shots On Goal in one game was By Brandon who took 85 (yes 85) shots against the Pats on March 12/79. Brandon won that contest 14-4.

The Most Saves by a goalie in regulation is held by Lucas Gore (Chilliwack) who made 72 saves in regulation. Spokane won the March 16, 2011 game 2-1 in a shootout. He also made 5 more saves in the overtime period (stopped 77 of 78 in 65 minutes of work).

Shots by Chilliwack:
9 - 8 - 5 - 1 = 23

Shots by Spokane:
11 - 32 - 30 - 5 = 78 (79 for the shootout goal win)

Link to the game summary (hopefully the link works whl.ca has been wonky today):
http://whl.ca/schedule/show/game/24788
Thanks man!