PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs MJ (2)

patsdude114
03-13-2015, 01:44 PM
With the Warriors playing better hockey as of late and this weekend series meaning so much to them we as fans of both teams should be treated to a great weekend series.... Or so that's what we hope as fans anyways

Im still surprised Berg hasn't been called-up by the Pats, my only assumption as to why he hasn't been is due to some schooling commitments back in Calgary

Fight Guy
03-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Been wondering about Berg myself. Wagner is back tonight though. Lets see if he can pick up right where he left off like Brooks and Cooper did.

patsdude114
03-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Thought someone would of commented by now on last nights game.... did anyone else go to the game besides Fight Guy?

Myself I just watched it on webcast and thought it was a really good hockey game to watch, even the 1st was a good period to watch as a hockey fan just not so much as a Pats fan.

Brown played a heck of a game last night as well Wednesday night in Swift Current, I think he deserves another start but a home start tonight. I also thought the line of D'Amico/Christoffer/Padakin did a great job with showing leadership and getting the guys back on the same page to get the win after the slow start.

Holdenthepsycho
03-15-2015, 09:55 PM
I went to the game on Friday night. Pretty entertaining to watch around a bunch of Warrior fans. Lovely building they have now. I grew up watching the Pats in the mid to late 90's with guys such as Brett Lysak, Ronald Petrovicky, Brad Stuart, Derek Morris, and my favorite(probably everybody's back then) Josh Holden. I've been living in London, Ontario the last 5 years and no matter how hard I tried I could not bring myself to cheering for the Knights. I enjoyed a fair share of hockey games at the John Labatt Centre and hated their whole centre of junior hockey mantra. I'm back living in Regina and there seems to be a bit more of a buzz around the team since I've left. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with the new owners. I already got my tickets at centre ice for Games 1 and 2. I was wondering if anyone knew where it would be possible to get a Pats jersey that they wear on Friday nights? The red one with the shield looking logo. I haven't been able to find any retail outlets in person or on the net. Cheers.

patsdude114
03-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Welcome back to Regina...... I have a friend who lives in London so I hear a lot about their team on a regular basis. I got one would love to watch Domi play one game live. They have had some great teams over the last 7yrs or so even though ther are rumours that Hunter has offered some 'benefits' for players to join his team. If I recall Windsor got caught just like Portland did in the WHL.

Anyways as for the red jersey can't you purchase one from the neutral zone at home games? I rarely go into the store unless the wife comes to a game (which is few and far between) so im not sure how often they keep the red jerseys in stock. If they don't ask if they do orders for the jersey.

Fight Guy
03-16-2015, 07:14 PM
I have no clue at all, but there's a chance they may not be available anymore. I say this only because there's a good chance they aren't used anymore after this season with the Pats getting new uniforms next season. Just a theory.

Started replying at one point on Sunday, then my phone screwed up and I got lazy. Friday's game was really good. Slow start, but it picked up. I have to say that D'Amico's attitude seems to have changed since playing with older guys again. Obviously more production will get anyone's spirits up, but he just isn't the super skilled 20yo that can go out there and be super successful by himself or make younger players better. He has the skills to play in the league (note his ridiculous non-goal!), but he needed more support to get the opportunities he's been getting the past few games.

With that being said, the Gabrielle, Leschyshyn, Cole line has looked pretty good. More and more Gabrielle is looking better and better. Sooner or later, those wicked wristers/snap-shots are going to start going in a lot more. I see more and more now how he was a top scorer through out his minor career. Just seems his game keeps elevating every game he plays. He's hungry as hell to be succeed and become a force. The next two seasons are going to be fun as hell for Pats fans with what Gabrielle is shaping up to be! Leschyshyn is also hungry and wants to contribute, and has. Love that he is stepping into and even lining up players bigger than him. He's going to be a special player too. Same with Cole. With the elevated role, he is getting better every game.

Other than some players getting lazy or not battling as hard as they should on Saturday. There were several times I saw Paddock yelling at players to get skating harder or to engage the player with the puck rather than sitting back defensively. Mortlock was the one guilty of this a few times. He needs to have more confidence in himself as on two occasions, he could have beaten or at least engaged the MJ player with the puck, but set up defensively instead. Then a number of the older guys were also caught relaxing too much in the neutral zone. Don't think this will be a big problem come playoffs, but they need to keep doing the things that make them successful, right to the end of the regular season.

Not to slight Wapple at all, but to be perfectly honest, I'm a little more comfortable seeing Brown in net right now. Is that ridiculous?? I'm sure Wapple will be fine, but he is in a bit of a funk right now and needs to get some more confidence back. That aside, the Pats seem to have a pretty reliable tandem in net now. If Wapple goes down in the playoffs, I'm totally cool with Brown taking over.

Other than adding that having Berg back in the line-up is going to be nice, that's all I got for now.

patsdude114
03-16-2015, 10:33 PM
Great to see Berg recalled he strengthens our top 9 a lot... I really liked that all 20yr old line Paddock put together as a shutdown unit (that can still score), I think that line could be very key in the playoffs if kept together.

Just a quick look at what lines I would like to see moving forward (this is with Steel healthy)

Chirstoffer-D'Amico-Padakin
Cooper-Steel-Gabrielle
Wagner-Brooks-Cole/Berg
McAmmond/Kroeker-Leschyshyn/Smith-Berg/Cole

I would like to see at different times of the game having Berg step in with Wagner & Brooks over Cole just think it gives a little different of a look to the line. Just looking at those lines (2nd to 4th) there isn't a lot of spots open in our forward group moving into next season especially with guys like Gardiner & Elmer looking for spots plus Zimmer & Richards who both played Jr. A this year then there are smaller skilled guys in Haden & Ossman as well... gees when was the last time we had so many quality prospects ready to push for spots.

One thing I am thankful for is once playoffs start no more 4on4 OT or Shootouts as we are not good at that at all (especially the shootouts). I like our chances of games going to OT in playoffs as its 5on5 and we are one of the better teams 5on5 in the league.

Our PP I think is going to be our own killer as I just don't see it magically flipping the switch into something that can build momentum in games. Our PP is so bad a lot of times that it would just be better to decline the penalty like in football............ on the flip side our PK has been a huge bright spot since xmas, before xmas we were sitting in 21st on the PK at around 71% which was just horrible but we have climbed all the way to 9th at 80% now plus leading the WHL in SH goals with 19

I sure hope Harrison is back soon cause even though Harrison has the worst +/- out of our top 6 defensemen he is 10 times better then Mortlock and Krushen. I really see a trade happening in the off-season to improve our defense as after our top 4 its a real eye sore. Hansen will be gone next season and that leaves a big hole in our 5th & 6th & even 7th Dmen. Im hoping that Krushen develops into a reliable Dman I guess we do have Pouteau, Lovell & Freadrich still in our system and lets hope to hell that 2 of them really step up and push for spots and pushes the 3rd & 4th Dmen to be better as well. Im not sold on Schioler ever being in a Pats uniform it would be nice hope this situation proves me wrong but I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

crashnbang
03-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Agree Gabrielle, Leschyshyn, Cole looked very good together, quite a bit of chemistry there it seems. I didn't mind the short look at Brooks and Cole either. It'll be interesting to see where Berg fits in. I personally have him on our 4th line but let's see what the coaching staff think. As good as Gabrielle has been, its clear he's a shoot first guy, which is fine but there have been several occasions where lifting his head and moving the puck is the better decision. He's a good player but can be much better with some small changes. I like a guy that shoots the puck but you need to be aware when there is others wide open for better opportunities. I think we should pair up Williams and Hobbs on the 1st PP unit, the Russian just seems to struggle a bit at times on the PP - he'll get better with more experience.

Cooper better pick up his game and put in more of an effort. When you don't score, you need to work harder not float around - thought he'd learn from a couple of his long sessions on the pine, let's see if he responds tonight.

Fight Guy
03-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Unless Berg finds some good chemistry with particular players right away, my guess is he will float around between lines these last few games. I'm guessing he plays in all three. Him, Leschyshyn, and Cole will all probably get similar ice time. I wouldn't peg him on the 4th line though. His vision and IQ put him in front of Smith, Kroeker, and McAmmond, in my opinion. I know players have to work their way up and kind of wait there turn, but Berg has shown the coaches what he can do and has very quickly earned their trust, which is what you need to do to get ahead and move up the depth chart quicker. His skill set should really allow him to slide on to any of the top three lines and contribute. I feel he wouldn't be very effective with the lower guys. His intelligence, paired with some more skilled line mates, could prove very valuable, I think. We'll just have to wait and see though. I would think Paddock will use him like during his call ups, at the least.

Cooper has not been good lately. He needs to get out of his funk. Does he miss Steel??

I've been pretty hard on Harrison the past couple months, but the last few games before he got injured, he has looked a lot better. His decision making got better and was moving the puck quicker. It's often when he's trying to shake an opponent behind the net that he gets in trouble. I don't think he's been doing that as much lately. After Mortlock being back on defense lately though, Harrison is missed. Mortlock would probably look a lot better if he had more confidence in himself and a lot less hesitation. I still think he looked good as a checking forward :p

As for trading for better... I can see that happening too. If they don't though, I can also see them treating the defense like this years offense. I still think Pouteau is going to be here next season. I almost wonder if he hadn't got hurt, he may have been the one the Pats called up at deadline?? I don't recall how he and Krushen looked in camp together, but just going by their stats and Pouteau's size, I feel like this may have been a possibility. PD114, you also mentioned Richards. I don't really know anything about him, but considering him and Freadrich were similar in stats on similar placed teams, I'm not sure he's as skilled as some of these other prospects. Plus, Freadrich is a defenseman. Though that may not tell a lot, it has to make you think who may have a better chance of making the team next season, especially considering the position the offense is in for the next couple years. Camp will tell a better story, obviously :p Very anxious to see how Haden and Ossman look come that time.