PDA

View Full Version : Brandon/PA(2)

Fight Guy
03-17-2015, 06:23 PM
As I just say I think Berg plays all three games, he doesn't dress tonight, lol. Pretty straight forward line-up for tonight. Brown gets the start too.

You can tell there's a little more money in the team now as the green jerseys this season look great! Huge upgrade from the plain, practice type jerseys in the past. Should look pretty sharp!

sbtatter
03-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Who looked good for both teams tonight?

chopper
03-17-2015, 10:43 PM
The Patrick Klimchuk line was very good. Papirny was solid. Brown in net for the Pats was stellar, and Zabrovsky had an OK game.

Brandon played a patient game and scored two quick ones on poor d-zone play and Paddock again getting caught having Kroeker and Smith against Klimchuk and Patrick. That's a loss every time.

Once again the Pats weren't happy with their effort. They weren't very good in the first, better in the second thanks to a few PP's. They were putrid in the third.

The experience and skill isn't there yet but there should be no excuse for effort, and attention to detail. That's something I've been concerned about for the last while. Nothing I saw tonight did anything to mitigate those concerns. I have never believed you can just turn it on when playoffs start.

They better find some magic soon. I don't think they're trending in the right direction.

sbtatter
03-18-2015, 07:20 AM
I imagine you get Steel back soon that should provide a spark. Seems like you found another good goalie. Cooper was a real one trick pony in Bdn, lots of speed but no physical component, I'm interested to see if that has changed in Regina, if it has, good for him. Who in the league does Hobbs remind you guys of? Will he be your #1 dman moving forward? Sounds to me as though Regina has too many good forward prospects next year and can trade a couple away for def help or picks, good spot to be in. Sorry for all the questions, but hadn't been over for a while!
You guys can make SC really sweat for their playoff spot this weekend, should be good!!

witness
03-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Cooper has been way more effective playing with Steel. The physical aspect has never been part of his game and never will be. He has some skill and has added some scoring punch to the line up.

Hobbs is just finding his game. The long lay off can sometimes hinder development. He is an excellent skater, has a bomb for a shot, and is a pretty smart defender. Made a couple of plays last night on the PP that he just plain outworked the Brandon forward. I have noticed that he gets caught in the offensive zone a little longer than he should. He will learn to read that better as he gets older.

#1 defenseman this year and next will be Colby Williams. Hobbs is a strong #2. If I had to compare him to a NHLer, I think it would be Drew Doughty.

The Pats have a number of young guys that will battle for the bottom 6 forward positions. There are guys that will not make the team that can play in the league. It is nice to be dealing from a position of strength.

The Pats will not lose any defensemen next year. All are eligible to return. I just can't see Hansen returning. I think he is going the University route. They will have to make room for Pouteau because I think he is ready for the next step. They will have a long look at Bruce, Freadrich and Lovell (and I think they might be an upgrade). The bonus would be if Schioler would report. The last information that I have is that he is still kicking the tires of the Pats, but wants to look at what US College options there are. He has not made a commitment one way or the other.

sbtatter
03-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Cooper has been way more effective playing with Steel. The physical aspect has never been part of his game and never will be. He has some skill and has added some scoring punch to the line up.

Hobbs is just finding his game. The long lay off can sometimes hinder development. He is an excellent skater, has a bomb for a shot, and is a pretty smart defender. Made a couple of plays last night on the PP that he just plain outworked the Brandon forward. I have noticed that he gets caught in the offensive zone a little longer than he should. He will learn to read that better as he gets older.

#1 defenseman this year and next will be Colby Williams. Hobbs is a strong #2. If I had to compare him to a NHLer, I think it would be Drew Doughty.

The Pats have a number of young guys that will battle for the bottom 6 forward positions. There are guys that will not make the team that can play in the league. It is nice to be dealing from a position of strength.

The Pats will not lose any defensemen next year. All are eligible to return. I just can't see Hansen returning. I think he is going the University route. They will have to make room for Pouteau because I think he is ready for the next step. They will have a long look at Bruce, Freadrich and Lovell (and I think they might be an upgrade). The bonus would be if Schioler would report. The last information that I have is that he is still kicking the tires of the Pats, but wants to look at what US College options there are. He has not made a commitment one way or the other.

Thanks for the reply witness, appreciate that

patsdude114
03-18-2015, 10:47 AM
@PhilTheThrill18: Regina Pats forward Sam Steel will miss the rest of the season and the playoffs with an ankle injury #WHL #gamechangers #yqr

chopper
03-18-2015, 02:09 PM
That's a tough blow but better now than a year or two from now. Last year we lost Wapple, Stevenson and Burroughs played on one pin. These things happen.

We simply need to play the best game we can and soldier on. Having Berg, Zimmer and other to add to the mix helps with the depth. It's still a big blow going into playoffs. The rest of the guys will either step up or step back!

The one good thing out of last nights game was the fact we played an even game until a couple brain farts led to two goals.The EN goal meant nothing. It's time for the leaders to lead.

sbtatter
03-18-2015, 03:18 PM
That's a tough blow but better now than a year or two from now. Last year we lost Wapple, Stevenson and Burroughs played on one pin. These things happen.

We simply need to play the best game we can and soldier on. Having Berg, Zimmer and other to add to the mix helps with the depth. It's still a big blow going into playoffs. The rest of the guys will either step up or step back!

The one good thing out of last nights game was the fact we played an even game until a couple brain farts led to two goals.The EN goal meant nothing. It's time for the leaders to lead.

Wapple was basically on one leg last year, it was painful watching him try and move across the crease

Bighat
03-18-2015, 03:23 PM
First game I've been to in a 1-1/2 months. The pats look ok but Gabrielle still is an embarrassment, he didn't stop yapping the whole game and the wheaties just laughed at him. It was so bad at one point I saw paddock go over and say something to him. If he put as much energy into playing hockey he would be dangerous.

patsdude114
03-18-2015, 03:54 PM
First game I've been to in a 1-1/2 months. The pats look ok but Gabrielle still is an embarrassment, he didn't stop yapping the whole game and the wheaties just laughed at him. It was so bad at one point I saw paddock go over and say something to him. If he put as much energy into playing hockey he would be dangerous.

Gabrielle hasn't looked good against BRN at all since the trade, I think he tries to hard to get under their skins but those players on that bench know what he does as they were part of it for 1 year and half. Hard to say he is an embarrassment when every other game all his yapping does throw off the other team and they start keying in on him instead of the major scoring threats.

Brooks and Wagner both had terrible games last night and they need to compete a lot better then that when up against an elite team like BRN. One play that really stood out last night was when Hilsendager stood on the side of the net and waited to see what the player behind the net was going to do with the puck instead of attacking him out from behind the net. I think it may of been the 2nd goal but I cant fully remember what goal it was, either way he needs to attack and not wait and see what the player is going to do.

During these last 10-15 games it is really obvious that Mortlock does not belong in this league, he is a full step behind the play. It just doesn't seem like he has progressed at all, he looked really good earlier in the year but other players have gotten better in the league and he just seems to have stayed the same.

Brandon has such a quick strike offense that you always have to be at the top of your game no matter what line is on the ice. Its not that we can not compete with BRN cause we more then showed last night that we can. The thing that kills us against a team like BRN is how pathetic our PP is and has been all year long. We play such a fast pace game 5on5 that when the PP comes around and we need to slow it down and set up our players seem so lost at that just cause of how we play the game at even strength. The book is out on us just pressure us ASAP when on the PP and we will cough it up cause we don't have that player that can slow it down that the PK respects. Here's hoping next season Steel grabs that respect from other teams PK and we can set things up with Steel as the QB

I still feel that we can beat SC even without Steel but we will not get past BRN by any means... but then again they got a match up against EDM and Jarry is more then capable of stealing an entire series even against a high scoring team like BRN.... EDM may not have that elite talent like they had last season when they won it all but they still have a lot of players there that knows what it takes to win in the playoffs. I don't think its going to be a walk in the park for BRN by any means I can really see that series going 6 or 7

patsdude114
03-18-2015, 04:41 PM
The Pats penalty kill since the Christmas break has gone unbelievable 135 for 146 in 37 games. That's an astounding 92.5 percent. This stretch has brought the Pats up to 9th in the league at 80.6 percent for the year and plus they've scored a league high 19 short handed goals. Pretty incredible considering the PK was hovering just over 70 percent in the first half and right at the bottom of the WHL.

^copy & pasted from Phil's blog

chopper
03-18-2015, 05:30 PM
1st rounds can be dreadful for teams. It's usually where you see the huge upsets. The Pats vs Swift Current is simply too close to call. I would much rather play MJ but that's not going to happen.

Brandon should prevail over Edmonton but it will be a struggle. Jarry can win games by himself, and they still have champions on that team. They are still WHL Champs until someone takes it away. Brandon's depth should prevail and a guy like Klimchuk will be huge.

Right now our PK is lights out but the PP is struggling mightily. Patsdude is right we need a QB like Weal or Eberle were. Other than that we need to go old school; get pucks on net and crash for the rebounds. The other option might be to decline them cause we're better 5 on 5..LOL

Our D is clearly our sore spot. (Rookies): Zabrovsky, Hilsendager, Hobbs, Mortlock, Krushen. (Vets): Williams and Hanson (converted forward): When we lost Burroughs we lost a lot of glue. We really needed another stud d-man. We may be better for it next season, but right now we'll struggle.

Hopefully the boys can put their best foot forward and win a series.

witness
03-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Our D is clearly our sore spot. (Rookies): Zabrovsky, Hilsendager, Hobbs, Mortlock, Krushen. (Vets): Williams and Hanson (converted forward): When we lost Burroughs we lost a lot of glue. We really needed another stud d-man. We may be better for it next season, but right now we'll struggle.

You do have a point. But, look at SC. They have a ton of talent on the backend and that hasn't worked out for them. These are a bunch of 17 year olds.
Zabrovsky has played better the last month or so. Hobbs is a stud, period. I can't say enough about Hilsendager. I really like the kid's game. He is a hard nosed, stay at home defenseman. A real value to the team.

Williams has been OK. I thought at times he tries to do too much and lets the other team get under his skin to easily. But, he needs to grow into that #1 position.

What can't you say about Hansen? I think the kids commitment to the team is of leadership quality. He went from a regular scratch, to not wanting a trade, to being a rock at the #5 d-man playing with one of the young kids. The kid wears the Pats jersey with a ton of pride and that is the attitude that you want passed down to the young guys.

patsdude114
03-19-2015, 10:32 AM
What can't you say about Hansen? I think the kids commitment to the team is of leadership quality. He went from a regular scratch, to not wanting a trade, to being a rock at the #5 d-man playing with one of the young kids. The kid wears the Pats jersey with a ton of pride and that is the attitude that you want passed down to the young guys.

Hansen has been fantastic since being a regular player instead of a regular in the stands. He refused a trade earlier in the year as Paddock wanted him to have a chance to play but once our first injury happened on the backend and he was converted back to defense (drafted as a defenseman) he hasn't really looked back he has been that solid. He bails out Mortlock so much, I really hope some team takes him on as a 20yr old next season. He should easily be worthy of a average/weaker teams top 4 pairings and he brings leadership with his vet presence.

Fight Guy
03-19-2015, 01:51 PM
This defense should get better with a full year under it's belt. Zborovskiy (NOT Zabrovsky) has gotten better throughout the season. He's learning the North American game better and hasn't been near as bad as earlier on. Hilsendager has been great, but he has had a bit of a tough go as of late. He's been getting caught out of position a little more lately and, like a lot of players, has been more hesitant to make quick plays or pressure his opponent. Not too concerned though. Even Harrison has been a lot better as of late. Getting him back will help out as Mortlock just isn't good enough. Every 17yo is better than him and even Krushen makes better decisions than him. And like I've said about Hansen...he could have been a REALLY good defenseman if MJ didn't convert him to forward. Defense is definitely the weak spot going into the playoffs though. Wapple and Brown should be a solid tandem in net. Brown has been a nice surprise. Wapple's injury gave him that opportunity to show what he can do and has ran with it.

I wasn't displeased with the game on Tuesday (other than the PP) all that much. They were playing the best team in the league. While Brown was great in net, the Pats had several opportunities of their own that Papirny was great on. Things could have gone sour for Brandon real quick when the Pats got them off their game for a bit and were dominating at times during the second. If the Pats make it to the second round and face them, Pats are going to be in real tough though.

One more note. Just looked at the roster when double checking Zborovskiy's spelling and it appears Jake Elmer has now been added to the line-up too. With Steel gone, I guess they can get him into some ice time too. Kind of thought earlier on that Gardiner might get the call, but you can tell Paddock is high on Elmer (OMG!...that pun was not intended!! HAHA!!) as he put him in the shootout on his last call-up and spoke highly of him. He's looked good so far and he's only been 16 for three months. He's going to become a solid scorer.

Fight Guy
03-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Oh, also was going to mention. When Gabrielle's line saw limited ice time and Kroeker's got more, Kroeker is really starting to step it up and coming into his own. Really starting to remind me of Wagner at the end of last season. Mind you, he's older than Wagner and it's a year later. Another team may be interested in him through trade as I really don't think he's going to make the cut next season with younger players coming up. It's also not looking good for McAmmond. Though his size and physical play has been great, he might get squeezed out next season too. I'm sure there would be interest in him as well if he doesn't stay a Pat. Paddock has shown he likes the more skilled players and McAmmond's skill set is behind some of these younger guys coming up.

patsdude114
03-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Fight Guy I think you are right about McAmmond, he could be in tough next season to keep a roster spot especially if there are any training camp surprises. We have 3 forward spots opening up (D'Amico, Christoffer, Padakin) we should have 2 defenseman spots opening (Hansen & Mortlock)... with those numbers there that puts our roster at 9 returning forwards and 6 returning defensemen.

We have forsure 3 forwards who will take over for our 3 graduating 20yr olds
Berg
Elmer
Leschyshyn

With these 3 players that brings us up to 12 forwards, I think there is definitely room on the roster already for a guy like Gardiner. Paddock has shown that he likes a small roster instead of having guys routinely sitting in the stands. So with that in mind does it put a few players on the outside looking in? Or do we see roster players losing their spots as here is a short list of players who may be able to take a roster spot (guys that come to mind are forwards only)

Haden
Woods
Zimmer
Many Guns (hope he gets a shot)
Ossman
Richards (he played Jr. A all season in AJHL)

As Fight Guy mentioned Paddock really seems to value skill players and 3 of those players listed above are small skilled players. We all know what kind of camp Woods had this past season I think if he comes in and has another camp like that being a year older and hopefully stronger I think it will be very hard for the coaching staff to not include him on our roster at the start of the season.

Like what has been said many times on this forum its nice to see the Pats finally having strong options for roster spots being filled within the organization instead of having to go out and trade picks for these types of players.

Fight Guy
03-19-2015, 07:23 PM
I would think Gardiner is on the team next season. He hadn't really looked out of place at all when called up and I seem to recall him playing more physical and trying to make hits. If he has skill and toughness as a 16yo, I think that probably gives him a spot next season. Pretty sure he was the top producing '99 in the SMAAAHL this season too.

Though I have a feeling Haden might have an outside chance of cracking the line-up if a couple '97's do lose their spots, he might end up being a go to call-up for the Pats next season. It's sometimes easy to over look the fact that there's still an import draft and who knows what will happen there. Could end up with a stud Euro yet. That's the biggest question mark right now, to me. I would think the Pats would look for a player with size though, forward over defenseman.

Ossman could be similar to Haden, but he has a late birthday like Elmer and my guess is he plays AMHL next season. I really hope he turns out to be an over looked gem though! Won't rule out Woods either.

Hard to say for sure how Paddock will treat it, but I would think he's going to want to have the best team possible with the future in mind. With that being said, I believe some players may lose roster spots over players being on the outside looking in. Next year isn't the goal, so younger is better. But really, the only two that really seem at risk are McAmmond and Kroeker. I think Paddock likes Koeker's skill and speed though, so he might luck out.

As for the more immediate future... I wonder which players get a rest this final weekend. These games are literally completely meaningless and I'm sure a few guys will sit. They have lots of players to fill for the two games, so maybe the older guys get a break before their experience is really needed.

Bighat
03-19-2015, 10:54 PM
Kroeker and Wagner are both 17 yrs old

Fight Guy
03-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Kroeker has been 18 for two months and is 5 months older than Wagner. I'm just comparing their age and similar skill set in regards to where the two of them are in their development, and if he will be far enough along next season to keep his spot over a younger player.

patsdude114
03-20-2015, 05:46 AM
I was expecting alittle more production from Kroeker this season then we got, yes he played mostly 4th minutes but he did get chances to step up and play a bigger role at times during the season. He has been showing spurts of his skill as of late and he is a bigger body so I think that benefits him come next year at camp, but with that said he needs to take a step and produce early or he could find himself on the outside looking in with a trade. I hope with Steel done for the year he gets a chance to play an offensive role to close the season out and gets a couple points to show that he is ready now for a bigger role.

Bighat
03-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Yes 5 months older but same birth year. Kroeker shows offensive skill, I think he just needs to play more minutes and also needs to get stronger.

walleye18
03-20-2015, 10:16 AM
I would think Gardiner is on the team next season. He hadn't really looked out of place at all when called up and I seem to recall him playing more physical and trying to make hits. If he has skill and toughness as a 16yo, I think that probably gives him a spot next season. Pretty sure he was the top producing '99 in the SMAAAHL this season too.

Though I have a feeling Haden might have an outside chance of cracking the line-up if a couple '97's do lose their spots, he might end up being a go to call-up for the Pats next season. It's sometimes easy to over look the fact that there's still an import draft and who knows what will happen there. Could end up with a stud Euro yet. That's the biggest question mark right now, to me. I would think the Pats would look for a player with size though, forward over defenseman.

Ossman could be similar to Haden, but he has a late birthday like Elmer and my guess is he plays AMHL next season. I really hope he turns out to be an over looked gem though! Won't rule out Woods either.

Hard to say for sure how Paddock will treat it, but I would think he's going to want to have the best team possible with the future in mind. With that being said, I believe some players may lose roster spots over players being on the outside looking in. Next year isn't the goal, so younger is better. But really, the only two that really seem at risk are McAmmond and Kroeker. I think Paddock likes Koeker's skill and speed though, so he might luck out.

As for the more immediate future... I wonder which players get a rest this final weekend. These games are literally completely meaningless and I'm sure a few guys will sit. They have lots of players to fill for the two games, so maybe the older guys get a break before their experience is really needed.
Woods has played really well when called up to play Junior A with Estevan. Have heard through the grapevine that his parents would rather him go that route and on to NCAA.

Fight Guy
03-20-2015, 11:20 AM
I agree, Kroeker definitely needs more opportunity to be able to show just what he's capable of and after last game and the loss of Steel, I could see him playing in more situations this weekend and shuffled around a bit more too. I also agree that his size is another thing that gives him an advantage next season and if he shapes up to be another Wagner with his speed, that would be super. All I can say for sure is there's going to be some hard decisions for Paddock when next season roles around.

As for Woods, if he is going the college route, that would make decisions easier. That's interesting information though. I haven't payed much attention to Woods this season other than reading in the paper or on Phil's blog that he's racking up points. I see now he had a good call-up with the Bruins. Will be interesting to see what he does.

RWAH
03-21-2015, 08:52 AM
The Pats are looking like a broken record. (and for those who are not old enough a broken record would repeat the same line) Start like gang busters and then just go through the motions. That is a little harsh but start strong and ease off has been the story line for the last little while (5 or 6 games). If it continues for the playoffs, it will end in the Pats getting swept in the first round. Will that mean like last year new coaches LOL
Disappointed!!!

patsdude114
03-21-2015, 12:50 PM
It can be abit alarming to know we start off strong but fade out as the game goes on but with that said this team hasn't had anything meaningful to play the last 2 weeks so I can see how te focus becomes an issue especially when dealing with such young athletes. Thankfully there is no shootouts come playoff time, 5on5 I thought it was a very evenly played game as PA got a lot of their shots on the PP where we struggled to get pucks to the net like usual on the PP.

Did gabrielle get a 10min misconduct or a game misconduct cause he didn't come out for the 3rd at all and also I missed whatever it was he did to deserve it but I'm guessing it was his mouth towards the ref

Round'the'Rink
03-21-2015, 01:03 PM
Woods has played really well when called up to play Junior A with Estevan. Have heard through the grapevine that his parents would rather him go that route and on to NCAA.

Hearing a few of our young skilled prospects that were passed over this year (for size & limited skill) will be staying the Jr.A route and could be heading south as their career & school choice. Seems there is something other than the CHL. Lots of Div.1 scholarships being awarded to players on a few select teams in Canada in the JR.A ranks. A pipeline to the NCAA if in the right organization.

RWAH
03-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Gabrielle was only a misconduct. So the coach must have had enough of that sh** and put him in the stands for the rest of the third. Saw him in street cloths sitting in the Travel Land loungers.

sbtatter
03-21-2015, 03:33 PM
Gabrielle was only a misconduct. So the coach must have had enough of that sh** and put him in the stands for the rest of the third. Saw him in street cloths sitting in the Travel Land loungers.

Rod pedersen tweeted "hope Jesse Gabrielle smartens up before the whl playoffs". Then someone tweeted about Gabrielle wanting the puck early in the game, and Rod answered " he was invisible all night". Very unusual for the homerish Pedersen to be harsh on a current Pat player.
That's the thing with Gabrielle, he's so good at agitating that sometimes he agitates his teammates and coaches. He tried to fight 3 teammates in his first scrimmage this last training camp. But if Paddock can keep control of him, the rewards are great.

patsdude114
03-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Rod pedersen tweeted "hope Jesse Gabrielle smartens up before the whl playoffs". Then someone tweeted about Gabrielle wanting the puck early in the game, and Rod answered " he was invisible all night". Very unusual for the homerish Pedersen to be harsh on a current Pat player.
That's the thing with Gabrielle, he's so good at agitating that sometimes he agitates his teammates and coaches. He tried to fight 3 teammates in his first scrimmage this last training camp. But if Paddock can keep control of him, the rewards are great.

That was me who tweeted to roddy... its easy to think a player was invisible when he didn't see the ice all 3rd period. He lead some good rushes and had some good shots on net I wouldn't go as far as saying he was invisible

WesternHockeyScout
03-21-2015, 05:23 PM
Fighting with team mates at training camps used to be the norm, not the exception. You shouldve seen Jordan Tootoo on display during his Wheat King scrimmages. But you hit the nail on the sbtatter, there is HUGE rewards with these types of players and nobody knows that better than John Paddock.

It looks like Paddock and Gabrielle are getting it figured out pretty well, as Paddock had him playing point per game hockey (13 in his last 13) entering last nights game. The impressive thing is, Paddock has him accomplishing those numbers in large part lining up with a 17 year old rookie and a 15 year old AP. If he can continue that type of production out of that line and Adam Brooks keeps up his pace and the twenty year old line clicks, the Pats should see the second round.

Fight Guy
03-21-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm not even sure what happened in that whole situation with the high-sticking call. Seemed like there was a ton of confusion and no one knew for sure who got the penalty as I think three different players went up on the board before Christoffer finally did for good, with Gabrielle getting the 10min misconduct. I would imagine this came from yapping at the refs, which I really don't blame him. He wasn't the only one on the Pats giving it to the officials. Most of this displeasure stemmed from Christoffer getting his head driven dangerously into the boards with only a minor being handed out earlier on. That led to a lot of frustration toward the refs to begin with.

What happened after with Gabrielle is the big question as he did not return to the bench in the 3rd period. Was Paddock upset with him and pulled him?... or was it a decision made by Paddock to make sure he didn't get into trouble before playoffs?? He's scratched tonight, so who knows.

The line of Gabrielle, Kroeker, and Cole struggled to get a lot going. Unlike Pedersen saying Gabrielle was invisible, he definitely was not. He had some good opportunities and he also had the Raiders hooked like he did when Spokane was in town. It got to the point that the whole team was taking shots at him when they could. He can definitely be very valuable, but like it's been said, he needs to be kept under control.

Looked like Cooper and Leschyshyn had some really good chemistry last night too. Possibly the spark that Cooper needs to keep producing in Steel's absence. Smith looked good with them too. Different lines again tonight though. Zborovskiy finally gets a night off.

Will also just say that I really liked that Paddock let the OA's have some fun during the shoot-out. Thought it was more fun than naming them the 3 stars, which appropriate ones were named instead. Was probably the only time I saw Paddock smiling on the bench all season. Was impressed with how well the shots were executed too.

Who was it that took the shot at the empty net for the icing?? I didn't catch for sure, but I bet that was a hard lesson learned for whoever it was!

Fight Guy
03-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Not sure what to make of it exactly, but on the line-up sheet the Pats posted, it has Paddock and McKecknie scratched, with Williams penciled in as an assistant coach??! Paddock taking a night off before playoffs?!?! :confused:

One question has been answered...Williams is, in fact, playing assistant coach tonight!

WesternHockeyScout
03-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Not sure what to make of it exactly, but on the line-up sheet the Pats posted, it has Paddock and McKecknie scratched, with Williams penciled in as an assistant coach??! Paddock taking a night off before playoffs?!?! :confused:
Advance scouting in Swift?

Fight Guy
03-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Advance scouting in Swift?

Looks like that's exactly the case.

Pats Twitter... "To answer the questions, John Paddock is scouting this weekend so Dave Struch running the bench and Colby Williams acting as assistant #WHL"

chopper
03-21-2015, 08:06 PM
A lot of what happened last night was directly attributable tot he work of Gagnon/Scrivens. At best it was poor/ at worst deplorable. I doubt Paddock has any problems with Gabrielle yapping at other players but doesn't want him ticking off the stripes before playoffs.

Gabrielle has been yappy but he's also getting points which some others aren't doing. I haven't liked the Pats game for some time. A lot of poor habits and bad defensive play. Last night's display by the OA's in the shootout can only be described as comical.

It's something Don Hay/McCrimmon would never put up with. It's concerning that there was no real attempt to win the game in the shootout. Guys with limited skills trying pull off Ovechkin moves is just sad. Giving up a 2 goal lead in the last 5 mins is also a concern.

You can't just turn it on and off especially when your a young club. The Pats could possibly advance to the 2nd round, but they could also be out in 4 straight. They've already lost a big offensive cog so they can't handle any more performance issues.

I sense these playoffs no matter how long they go, will be Wapple against the world!

patsdude114
03-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Paddock didn't seem to care at all about the SO moves these 3 20yr olds tried, he was laughing on the bench with them after they came back to the bench. They are trying to keep things loose as the last 2 weeks of games have meant nothing to them in terms of the standings, the game against BRN proved that they can still play hockey and stay with the top teams. Yes BRN's quick strike offense caught us and buried us with 2 goals in what 36secs or so.

These last few games has just been avoid any injuries heading into playoffs, but yes some of the play has been abit concerning especially our defensive zone play as at times it gets very scrambling.

Looks like Smith had his nose broken in the fight against Heffley

Fight Guy
03-21-2015, 08:35 PM
To give flack for the shoot-out moves is ridiculous. It was they're last regular season home game and they were obviously told to go out there and have fun with it, and they did, and so did the rest of the bench and coaches. The next week is nothing but work in preparation for the Broncos. Hell, Paddock is already working on next weekend.

RWAH
03-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Here are the dates

Friday March 27th in Regina

Saturday March 28th in Regina

Tuesday March 31st in Swift Current

Wednesday April 1st in Swift Current

Friday April 3rd in Regina (if necessary)

Saturday April 4th in Swift Current (if necessary)

Tuesday April 7th in Regina (if necessary)