PDA

View Full Version : another sad season over with

mjw22
03-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Cant see the BOD making any changes as Taylor and Millar have them thnking this team is on the right path. I would guess we will be in the same spot next year. Hopefully they trade Point for as much as possible and put some talent around howden sawchenko willms perrilat . Points career here was a waste thanks to Millar. next year replacing rodewald eberle points and leadership will be tough. :burningmad::burningmad::burningmad::burningmad:

witness
03-23-2015, 08:22 AM
At the end of the day, the team was not deep enough. With two 20 year olds hurt, that left one line that could be productive. Rodenwald and Point did the best they could, but it wasn't enough.

Too bad. I was pulling for the Warriors. I love watching Point play. But, I think you are right. Changes need to happen and they have to start at the top.

sbtatter
03-23-2015, 08:41 AM
I was hoping Bdn would have got Point this last trade deadline, for the quenneville brothers, or even Mattheos, because Bdn would have got 1.5 seasons out of Point. The guy has unbelievable heart, can't help but admire him.

patsdude114
03-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Next season it will be interesting to see where Point ends up. Hes a heart and soul type player and dominates game in and game out. He will be hands down the best player in the entire WHL next season there is even some very strong arguments for that this season.

Moose Jaw failed to put any strong talent around him and they need to trade Point for some talented players to build around Howden, it cant happen again in Moose Jaw. The only tough part with that is even building a strong team lead by Howden makes it still tough to be a top team in the division cause of how BRN & REG have built their teams for the years to come. Having a 3rd strong team in the division though in the next few years would make for amazing hockey for us fans to watch though.

WesternHockeyScout
03-24-2015, 04:49 PM
My guess is Point ends up in Red Deer by January 10/2016

brandonboy
03-24-2015, 09:32 PM
My guess is Point ends up in Red Deer by January 10/2016

Red deer doesn't have the prospects, picks and or depth to get him I don't think. They pretty much blew their load already. Brandon on the other hand could offer a far better package.

witness
03-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Red Deer has plenty of picks. Sutter stocked piled at the deadline. They have a couple of 1st rounders in 2016. I think that would help get Point.

brandonboy
03-25-2015, 06:47 AM
Red Deer has plenty of picks. Sutter stocked piled at the deadline. They have a couple of 1st rounders in 2016. I think that would help get Point.

I wouldn't think MJ is going to want picks though. They're going to want guys that are ready to play to build around Howden.

Newice14
03-25-2015, 08:57 AM
RD certainly has enough options to put a package together for Point. It'll likely be draft picks and players. They have a bunch of young players with lots of experience in the league , already having played more than 100 games and some promising prospects. The asking price will obviously be very high, which makes total sense.

brandonboy
03-25-2015, 11:37 AM
RD has nowhere near the prospect depth Brandon has right now. It will just be a matter of which GM is willing to give up more and I don't see The Wheat Kings letting what will be most likely their only compilation next season get Point. But on the other hand RD might offer something completely crazy for him due to the Memorial Cup. Either way Moose jaw is going to end up with a boatload coming over. This could end up being one of the biggest trades in recent memory coming. Should make for some excitement.

One thing though is I don't think this trade will be made at the deadline. I think it will be done before the season opens.

JMoney1988
03-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Think of it this way, at least you guys will get to pick 4th in the first round while we get to pick 12th and 19th since we traded away our first for Collin Valcourt 2 seasons ago....., second straight year where we have traded away our number 1 pick, but at least we have a first round pick this year unlike the past 20 years (exaggeration) for what KM fleeced us for!!!!!!!!!!!

patsdude114
03-25-2015, 05:02 PM
One thing though is I don't think this trade will be made at the deadline. I think it will be done before the season opens.

I fully agree with this comment, I think MJ will move him before the season starts as any move before the season starts no 16yr old rookie parents can put a stop to it due to schooling. It may be abit dirty and could give KM abit of a bad name with future prospects but Matteos has already played a WHL game so his NCAA chances are now gone, Stelio's parents could put a stop to a trade during his 16yr old season (schooling commitments) but they cant if the trade is done in the offseason.

The same can be said for any team interested in Point and wanting to dangle out their 16yr old talent coming into the league.

mjw22
03-25-2015, 09:47 PM
I think it depends on what the WK's do in the playoffs this year. KM doesnt have a MC and Point would be the difference maker next year. I would hope Millar pulls the trigger as soon as this years play offs are over. We dont need picks we need 16 -17 yr olds to play with Howden Gregor Bowen etc. A early trade would benefit both clubs as you get to develop chemistry etc as well as marketing. Ill burn my tickets at the Warrior office if they dont move him .

sbtatter
03-25-2015, 10:44 PM
I think it depends on what the WK's do in the playoffs this year. KM doesnt have a MC and Point would be the difference maker next year. I would hope Millar pulls the trigger as soon as this years play offs are over. We dont need picks we need 16 -17 yr olds to play with Howden Gregor Bowen etc. A early trade would benefit both clubs as you get to develop chemistry etc as well as marketing. Ill burn my tickets at the Warrior office if they dont move him .

I wish Bdn would have got Point this season. For the quenneville bros and????
Then we would have had mcgauley, point, Patrick and kaspick as the centers, set for this year and next year if KM could have made it happen!

brandonboy
03-26-2015, 08:22 AM
I wish Bdn would have got Point this season. For the quenneville bros and????
Then we would have had mcgauley, point, Patrick and kaspick as the centers, set for this year and next year if KM could have made it happen!

Don't think the Quennville bros would have helped the as Peter is a 20 and John would have only been a 1.5 year player. MJ needs youth. If Brandon wants Point it's going to cost them one of Mattheos or Clague plus Lewis and Kaspick and a pick. Sounds steep yes but considering what a team like RD is going to offer cause the Memorial Cup this is what I see it's going to take.

sbtatter
03-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Don't think the Quennville bros would have helped the as Peter is a 20 and John would have only been a 1.5 year player. MJ needs youth. If Brandon wants Point it's going to cost them one of Mattheos or Clague plus Lewis and Kaspick and a pick. Sounds steep yes but considering what a team like RD is going to offer cause the Memorial Cup this is what I see it's going to take.
Too expensive for half a year rental. Might have been more like that for a year and half. I think kaspick is untouchable, future captain. Mattheos and Lewis May be more available

brandonboy
03-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Too expensive for half a year rental. Might have been more like that for a year and half. I think kaspick is untouchable, future captain. Mattheos and Lewis May be more available

When your going for a memorial cup no one is untouchable. The only player I can see being untouchable is Patrick. And like I mentioned earlier I believe Point will be moved in the off season and it's going to cost a kings ransom to get him.

sbtatter
03-26-2015, 05:06 PM
When your going for a memorial cup no one is untouchable. The only player I can see being untouchable is Patrick. And like I mentioned earlier I believe Point will be moved in the off season and it's going to cost a kings ransom to get him.

Disagree about kaspick. He's of such high character and ability, it would cost a kings ransom to get him. And no, I'm not one of his parents haha

mjw22
03-28-2015, 02:00 PM
to get the most for Point a deal will have to be made in the off season. probable price 2 young forwards a young d man and a 1st round pick. KM has the players to do the deal.