PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs Broncos 1st rd matchup

patsdude114
03-24-2015, 02:01 AM
http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/2015/03/pats-vs-broncos-1st-rd-playoff-matchup.html

I have spent some time doing up some stats from the head-to-head meetings this year between the Pats & Broncos. I may add more before Friday but for now that's all I got.

I see on Facebook the Pats are having a fan bus going to Swift Current for $50 you get a ride to Swifty and a game ticket. Not a bad deal considering it was $40 to go to MJ on the fan bus so for an extra $10 you go another hour or so down the highway and get a playoff ticket.

RWAH
03-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Read your blog and agree that a quick start would be a big help for the Pats. Don't know the stat but don't think Swift play well from behind.
Also think the Pats have an advantage in coaching, as Paddock has the Pats well up in the standings for the age and experience of the team when one compares Lamb's results for Swift's roster. (or is that rooster lol)

patsdude114
03-24-2015, 03:03 PM
I fully agree with the coaching comments in fact I believe Struch is a better Head Coach then Lamb is, rumours I have heard is that Struch is getting Head Coaching money to be our assistant coach so don't expect him to go anywhere anytime soon. If you want development and team success you got to pay top dollar for coaching and I believe the Pats have done that and it really sounds like Paddock is here for his entire term of his contract.

RWAH
03-26-2015, 09:49 AM
"taking Note has Game 3 & 4 from Swift Current on shaw. here is the link
http://gdrinnan.blogspot.ca/

patsdude114
03-26-2015, 02:06 PM
i seen that last night on twitter and thought that was fantastic as I don't have to purchase those games on webcast now.... although tonight I am thinking about getting the Oil Kings vs Wheat Kings game, I think that series is going to be a lot closer then some may think

sbtatter
03-26-2015, 05:04 PM
i seen that last night on twitter and thought that was fantastic as I don't have to purchase those games on webcast now.... although tonight I am thinking about getting the Oil Kings vs Wheat Kings game, I think that series is going to be a lot closer then some may think

I think everyone is suspecting a potential upset, no wonder with the wheaties missing four forwards and playing two dmen as wingers and a 15 year old with one whl game under his belt, ouch!! Injuries have been brutal for Bdn and Regina this season, not sure about the pats, but Bdn hasn't yet iced their best players in a game since trade deadline. It's a part of the game and no excuses et al, but bites!!

patsdude114
03-26-2015, 08:56 PM
I think everyone is suspecting a potential upset, no wonder with the wheaties missing four forwards and playing two dmen as wingers and a 15 year old with one whl game under his belt, ouch!! Injuries have been brutal for Bdn and Regina this season, not sure about the pats, but Bdn hasn't yet iced their best players in a game since trade deadline. It's a part of the game and no excuses et al, but bites!!

Not to turn this thread into a WK's vs OKs thread but looking at the injuries the WKs have (Duke, Lisoway, Kapsick, Campbell) are all depth guys. Duke is obviously the 1 with the most skill and his loss does hurt no matter what team you are on, but those next 3 are all 3rd or 4th line guys which should be easier to replace. It may take KM to take 1 of the guys off the 2nd line to place on the 3rd line for alittle more balance in the lineup to counter with the injuries. Loading up 2 lines doesn't usually work out when the 3rd & 4th lines (especially the 3rd in junior hockey) are weaker from injuries.

Watched this game tonight and I did not see enough desperation by the WKs in the 3rd period and their 5 shots was evidence of that. Jarry didn't have to be amazing by any means, his defense kept the quick strike WK offense at bay which is going to be key for the OKs all series long.

I found a lot this season the WKs took the sails out of a lot of teams from the quick strike offense they are able to bring. In the tighter checking games without that quick punch BRN seemed to struggle a little more and looked more average then the dominate force the CHL standings showed. That last game against the Pats in Regina after 40 mins of play with the score tied 1-1 the WKs looked very average and were probably lucky Papriny had kept the game close. But then came the 3rd and that quick strike offense scored 2 goals in 36seconds and it buried the Pats.

sbtatter
03-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Not to turn this thread into a WK's vs OKs thread but looking at the injuries the WKs have (Duke, Lisoway, Kapsick, Campbell) are all depth guys. Duke is obviously the 1 with the most skill and his loss does hurt no matter what team you are on, but those next 3 are all 3rd or 4th line guys which should be easier to replace. It may take KM to take 1 of the guys off the 2nd line to place on the 3rd line for alittle more balance in the lineup to counter with the injuries. Loading up 2 lines doesn't usually work out when the 3rd & 4th lines (especially the 3rd in junior hockey) are weaker from injuries.

Watched this game tonight and I did not see enough desperation by the WKs in the 3rd period and their 5 shots was evidence of that. Jarry didn't have to be amazing by any means, his defense kept the quick strike WK offense at bay which is going to be key for the OKs all series long.

I found a lot this season the WKs took the sails out of a lot of teams from the quick strike offense they are able to bring. In the tighter checking games without that quick punch BRN seemed to struggle a little more and looked more average then the dominate force the CHL standings showed. That last game against the Pats in Regina after 40 mins of play with the score tied 1-1 the WKs looked very average and were probably lucky Papriny had kept the game close. But then came the 3rd and that quick strike offense scored 2 goals in 36seconds and it buried the Pats.

I think you need the gritty guys in the playoffs to soften a team up so the skill guys can make an impact, and the 4 guys that are out are the guys who put the puck in deep and go get it, kill penalties and block shots. Without at least 2 of those 4 guys, no way Bdn wins this series. Clague on the top line is an embarassment and bad coaching

patsdude114
03-26-2015, 09:53 PM
http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?p=201558#post201558

my reply will be in the thread posted above... would like this thread to be on the Pats vs Broncos series for both the Pats and Broncos fans (if the bronco fans choose too)

sbtatter
03-26-2015, 10:00 PM
http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?p=201558#post201558

my reply will be in the thread posted above... would like this thread to be on the Pats vs Broncos series for both the Pats and Broncos fans (if the bronco fans choose too)

Good idea! Go Gabrielle!

Fight Guy
03-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Almost game time. Lot is already full, so everyone have fun with that....

This series, to me, is going to go to whoever sticks to and executes they're game best. The Pats have shown that is they play their game, other teams have lots of trouble and get scrambly. Same goes the other way though. If the Broncos get any momentum, the Pats can't sit back and play more cautiously. The fast paced play is what has been hugely successful for the Pats all season. As soon as they stop doing that, they've let the other team into the game. On top of that, it will also come down to goaltending, obviously. Though I was a little critical of Wapple, his last game against P.A. put that at ease completely. Brown as back up is re-assuring too. Hope Bow isn't on his game :P Gabrielle had a huge impact on last game in Swift, too. Was really fun to watch live. Every stoppage was entertaining, then he backed it up with two goals and an assist. It would be huge if that continued through this series.

Let's just get this underway already!! Been waiting for three damn weeks!!!

witness
03-27-2015, 10:00 PM
That was a great game. Wapple was outstanding. The Pats played some shut down hockey in the third.

A couple of SC turnovers were the difference. Pretty much the story of their season.

Fight Guy
03-28-2015, 04:21 PM
The Pats played a pretty good game, but far from their best. There was a lot of hesitation out of some players all game and in the 3rd, they protected the lead a little too much. They could have put more pressure on the Broncos several times. Instead, they fell back and let the Broncos take the zone. The relentless pressure by the Pats is what made them so hard to play against this season. They have to try and get back to that more.

Padakin showed his experience. He was one of the best players out there all game, aside from Wapple. The older guys were all great, with the exception of Cooper. He hasn't looked the same lately. Almost seems fatigued. His skating got worse and worse last night I thought, and almost seemed lazy at times.

I really think Hansen should be staying on defense. He's a better defenseman than forward and the defense needs all the help it can get. Someone on Rod's blog said he was under rated, and I agree. Not because of his versatility to flop from both positions, but mostly because he's a smart defensman. Unless him being a forward is supposed to be like a third defensman, I think he should be on the back end. Zborovskiy had a great game last night. Maybe that night off really was all he needed. Harrison had a pretty good game too, along with Mortlock. Hilsendager is still struggling. Just not making the best decisions lately. Not concerned though. They all played good when Williams went down though. Could tell he wasn't 100% in the 3rd when he came back. He was pretty cautious. Hope it's nothing serious.

I'm not sure this is the time of the year to start giving Kroeker more opportunity. Even though he has looked a lot better lately, he is one of the weaker players out there and Leschyshyn took his spot back on that line with Cole and Gabrielle. They're starting to get some better chemistry and should stay together. It's great how Leschyshyn has shown he can play with the big boys. He makes mistakes, but they're pretty minor considering his age and the amount of games he's played in the league.

Really wishing Berg were here all season. He really could have been a key player this season with more experience and development. Felt he could have played a bit more last night. He did hit the boards kind of hard and awkward, so thought maybe that limited his ice time after. Not sure though.

I liked the way the game was called by the officials. Let pretty much everything go unless it really bad, which was a trip and a hook, both deserving. There were probably a ton more by regular season standards, but last night, they let them play. Would love the whole series to be like that, but I won't get my hopes up. Too many refs call the game too differently for that to happen. We'll see though.

As for tonight, I wonder if McAmmond or Elmer are in over Kroeker. I still feel he's struggling a bit much. Wonder if these guys aren't rotated in and out. Maybe not so much Elmer, but if he gets an opportunity and runs with it, I wouldn't hate that! Wouldn't mind seeing McAmmond's physicality out there. Not sure if Smith was out because of his nose or if he was more of a healthy-ish scratch. Let's see if some of last night was "first playoff game" jitters for some and they play a stronger game tonight.

Edit...not sure if anyone else was having issues posting at all, getting a 404 error message or something, but if you use the "Quick Reply", it apparently works.

witness
03-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Which is the team with all the vets???
Lernot, Thompson and Foulk are following Gaberial all over the ice. Lernot has moved two face offs outside because of coming into the Pats zone to participate in the crease chats. Dumb, dumb penalty by Thompson gives the Pats their first goal.
It would appear that SC is unraveling a bit.

RWAH
03-29-2015, 12:06 AM
did I miss something but I did not see Smith after the first period and Gabreile (spelling) after the second in they get dings or in Paddocks words boo boos

Bighat
03-29-2015, 12:37 AM
Gabrielle was benched for his yapping to the ref. this kid is going to learn the hard way

patsdude114
03-29-2015, 12:57 PM
did I miss something but I did not see Smith after the first period and Gabreile (spelling) after the second in they get dings or in Paddocks words boo boos

Smith didn't get another shift after he failed to tie up Steenbergen on that crash net goal the Broncos scored. Also Mortlock didn't see the ice after that either on his very weak attempt to chase Penner from behind the net.

As for Gabrielle.... he was having a heck of a game, he had the entire Broncos bench chirping him and they were more concerned with Gabrielle then they were with the actual game. That all changed though as they were getting ready to drop the puck with a Pats offensive zone faceoff, as Gabrielle get set and lined up beside Lernout.... Lernout gave Gabrielle a 2 hander to the back of the legs that no ref saw and that got Jesse chirping the refs.... once he started banging his stick on the ice and chirping the refs that was it for him a 2min minor and Paddock never gave him a shift after that.

It could of put SC in the lead had they scored on that PP and that would of changed the entire series. Im all for Gabrielle and him chirping the opposition but he can not start chirping the refs in what they call for penalties or in this case what they didn't call as a penalty.

On the flip side to Gabrielle being sat... Adam Berg filled in and I thought he was the player that really gave the Pats the boost they needed in the 3rd period. Berg controlled the wall against both Lernout and Heatherington early in the 3rd and from then on it gave the Pats energy and dominated the cycle down low for the rest of the period.

SC looks so tired out there, they wasted a lot of energy just to hold onto their playoff spot. They remind me a lot of how we were last year when we wasted so much energy during the final 2 weeks just to hold onto that division crown. The only positive for the Broncos right now is that 3 of the next 4 games are in Swift Current, if they win their home games we got a game 7 and all bets are off.

Want to make a quick comment about Jake Leschyshyn.... After every game he is becoming more and more of a special player. His battles tonight against Heatheringto and winning IMO more battles against him then he lost says a lot about the type of player Jake is and his character. Heatherington has 6inches & 46lbs on Jake and not once did Leschyshyn back down. A lot of fans were very upset (a less harsher word) when we traded Gay and a 1st round pick to get Leschyshyn but no one is saying anything about that now. Its very easy to see that Leschyshyn is the real deal and is going to be a much better player they Gay ever was as a Regina Pat.

Bighat
03-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Have to agree with pats dude on Gabrielle and especially berg, I though bergs speed and ability to control the boards and to move into Gabrielle spot won us the game.

sbtatter
03-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Lernout beat the crap out of Gabrielle earlier this year when Gabrielle was dinged up, it was the worst fight of his career. So now he's healthy, I expect Gabrielle wants to exact a little revenge

patsdude114
03-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Lernout beat the crap out of Gabrielle earlier this year when Gabrielle was dinged up, it was the worst fight of his career. So now he's healthy, I expect Gabrielle wants to exact a little revenge

sadly I think Paddock is taking away any fighting ability Gabrielle has/had... hes done it with Christoffer already. I cant remember the last time we had a fight on home ice

WesternHockeyScout
03-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Lernout beat the crap out of Gabrielle earlier this year when Gabrielle was dinged up, it was the worst fight of his career. So now he's healthy, I expect Gabrielle wants to exact a little revengeYou'd think scoring a big goal in a 3-2 playoff win would be revenge enough.

Credit Jesse for being a high character guy who would go through the wall for a team mate. That's exactly what he was doing when he challenged Lernout after Brett ran Ty Coulter from behind. Lernout is a beast and Jesse, though he answered the bell and stayed on his feet, couldn't breach the reach advantage Lernout enjoyed over him. I can't imagine Jesse wanting seconds in that matchup.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/126390

I would guess physical revenge is furthest from his mind where Lernout is concerned. I suspect he much prefer to run his mouth and fill the net.

sbtatter
03-29-2015, 04:14 PM
You'd think scoring a big goal in a 3-2 playoff win would be revenge enough.

Credit Jesse for being a high character guy who would go through the wall for a team mate. That's exactly what he was doing when he challenged Lernout after Brett ran Ty Coulter from behind. Lernout is a beast and Jesse, though he answered the bell and stayed on his feet, couldn't breach the reach advantage Lernout enjoyed over him. I can't imagine Jesse wanting seconds in that matchup.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/126390

I would guess physical revenge is furthest from his mind where Lernout is concerned. I suspect he much prefer to run his mouth and fill the net.

Any revenge he can get would be sweet! Western, you sure love Gabrielle a lot, do you have a connection with him? I don't mean that as a slight, because lots of us like Gabrielle and have supported him, i'm just curious though why you participate in Gabrielle threads and less on others?

WesternHockeyScout
03-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Pretty connected to that age group in general and he is definitely one of the more interesting characters in that age group.

chopper
03-29-2015, 05:01 PM
In their private moments I think the Pats would say they are very fortunate to be up 2-0. They could just as easily been down 0-2. Now the hard slogging happens in Swift Current. They need to get a game there, and who knows maybe two.

The only thing good about the officiating in the last two games was that it kept the Broncos PP off the ice with only three opportunities. Other than that it was crap. In the first game SC were taking plenty of liberties not called. That set the tone for game two.

In game one Gabrielle took a deliberate stick to the mouth in the third in front of Crich and nothing was called. He yapped at Crich and so did Paddock. Then last night after a couple of nasty slashes a frustrated Gabrielle does some yapping and gets a minor.

Paddock then sets him down the rest of the game which I think is BS. All Paddock is doing is ruining a spirited hockey player. He did the same to Christopher and both his production and effectiveness were diminished. Paddock has lots to learn about the Jr game.

Paddock is now benching certain kids for mistakes. Shortening his bench and really getting in kids faces. How quickly the love in about playing every line equally and player development has been crap canned. He is just another hockey coach who wants to win.

The Pats played the third like they should be. It seemed they were getting back to some intensity. They will need it in Swift Current where they haven't had much success. Despite being 2-0 this series is still on could easily be a six or seven game affair.

Fight Guy
03-29-2015, 05:15 PM
I never saw the slash at all, but Gabrielle has to keep it at the players. He seemed like more of a non factor in game 1, but last night he was the center of attention for half the game. He did exactly what we hope of him and it was working. Also, I thought I saw Smith later in the game, but I was probably mistaken. The intensity level seemed a little high for Smith last night. I mean, it's his first ever WHL playoff game, but I'm not sure if he'll be used as much.

Berg on the other hand... He played himself back up to a lot more ice time. He played great last night and totally sparked the Pats offensive zone pressure and checking in the 3rd. Again, if he had played with the Pats all season, he would easily still be listed by Central Scouting. He's going to be huge for the Pats in the future!

Leschyshyn has been a delight. He doesn't back down from anyone or anything and is playing hard every shift. Some are saying he's better than Steel, but he's a completely different type of player. While Steel should become a huge scorer with great skill like Point, Jake's all around game is going to be ridiculous when he's 18/19 years old. Still can't get over his face-offs either.

All in all, the Pats played a really good game last night. Even though the refs mostly kept their whistles away again, which I love, the Pats have been the more disciplined team. Haven't seen as much random stick work from the Pats as we have from the Broncos. The Broncos definitely have their hands full playing this younger Pats team.

Wapple has been stellar too. Can someone explain exactly why that Broncos second goal counted?? All I could figure out is that the ref didn't blow the whistle till the net was back down and all the players had stopped playing like the play was blown dead. Then Wapple uncovers the puck and it's behind the line. Then the ref blows the whistle and pointed goal. I thought it was really screwy how that played out.

And how about that icing call??? The one where the puck was flipped down and landed right between two Broncos on their side of their own blue line. One of them even attempted to play it and almost touched it. One of the more ridiculous icing calls of the season, and there have been hand full!!

Fight Guy
03-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Benching Gabrielle could be more smart. Paddock might just be keeping a short leash on him so he doesn't get too crazy. He played a huge role in the first half of that game and he was becoming a bit unglued. Paddock may have kept him off the ice because after the incident, you would have to think the refs would be keying in on him even more. Like the second last game of the season. After his 10min penalty, he never played again and even left the game. More and more I'm thinking Paddock is making sure Gabrielle doesn't get in more trouble than he needs too and is around to play more hockey. He's obviously cool with him running his mouth all game, just as long as it's focused in the right direction and he isn't taking numerous penalties because of it. He'll be right back at it Tuesday, I'm sure.

From a regular season point of view and the uneven liberties being taken, the officiating has been pretty crappy, but if it is consistent in the way it has been called, then I have no problem with it. Not sure it will last though.

Speaking of the refs, they gave Hobbs the opportunity to not take a closing the hand on the puck penalty, but then he grabbed it again and played 'wax on/wax off' with it. That was a bad time to take that penalty, but it allowed the Pats to just ice the puck toward the empty net.

Bighat
03-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Gabrielle was on the bench the whole 3rd period, he didn't go anywhere.

chopper
03-29-2015, 09:03 PM
I agree Gabrielle has to restrict his chirping to the opposition. Chirping to the officials can't be condoned. They don't like it and will stick you with a bad call at some point. My observation is whether or not his punishment fit the crime.

Perhaps setting him down for a period would be more appropriate. If you have a weapon and the coach takes that weapon out of play, it gives the other club a boost at the hands of our coach. Now they don't have to worry about Gabrielle. Abstract logic IMO.

You need to be careful with these situations. We paid big for Gabrielle so the last thing any of us want to see is him requesting a trade in the off season for "personal reasons". He needs to mature and i"m sure he will. Paddock needs to better understand Jr pysche's.

I though the ref had lost sight of the puck on the controversial goal, like everyone else and should have blown the whistle. Paddock was on him for that. It appeared Hobbs flipped the puck away and it was briefly touched by a Pat so maybe a hand pass. Gagnon..yikes

We played real strong in the 3rd period so I hope we've found our game because that's a tough barn there in SC. Wapple has been sensational so far and if he keeps it up we have a shot. I know its wishful thinking but i'd like this over in 4 or 5.:)

Fight Guy
03-29-2015, 09:40 PM
Gabrielle was on the bench the whole 3rd period, he didn't go anywhere.

He was on the bench durng the last home game against PA?? ...when he was supposed to be in the penalty box serving his misconduct??

Hobbs straight up closed his hand on the at the end. It was ridiculous. And the goal...i agree. Pretty sure no one could see the puck until everyone cleared the paint and Wapple got up. Then he saw the puck over the line, blew the whistle and called it a goal. Glad it didn't end up meaning a while lot and the end. I think Byblow would have even been less stupid on that one.

chopper
03-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Hobbs does do some foolish things out there. He looked like he was swimming out there..lol. When he's good he's very good.When he's bad, he's very bad. He is young and pretty green but one day will be a force methinks.

In the playoffs when things are so close it seems everything gets magnified, including non or questionable call. Your right it's good that they didn't impact the game. That would have been brutal. I recall the phantom clipping call on Stevenson that changed a series.

sbtatter
03-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Pretty connected to that age group in general and he is definitely one of the more interesting characters in that age group.

Thanks for the reply. I loved Gabrielle's game when he was here.

Bighat
03-31-2015, 08:01 PM
Talk about poverty tv wow, this might make me get season tickets again. I think cole scored that goal not Christopher.

patsdude114
03-31-2015, 09:44 PM
What a hockey game this has been tonight... this entire series has been like this, evenly matched teams both having different strengths.

Swift Current looked very tired in the 3rd period yet again, I think the longer this game goes the more it favours our Pats and plus with tomorrow nights game 4 going it could benefit us even more. Heatherington missing tonights game with a sickness one would fully expect he wont be available to play tomorrow night since he was in hospital tonight to get IV.

GO PATS!! go get it in OT

Holdenthepsycho
03-31-2015, 10:26 PM
Just left the Iplex. Fantastic game tonight. First time in Speedy Creek's barn. Love the place. Great fans and atmosphere. I thought we had a bit of a slow start which seems to be common this entire series but starting in the 3rd I thought we took over for the most part. Statistically Wapple had a poor night but other than perhaps the 4th goal(didn't see it very well) I don't fault him at all for the first 3. I really like that Wagner kid more and more each game I watch. Christopher is incredible at going wide. Williams tried to do too much on SC 2nd or 3rd goal but otherwise is our workhorse back there. Number 2...Zborovskiy made me cringe every time he touched the puck in our end. I haven't seen enough yet to be able to have a fair opinion on any of these guys but I didn't like him tonight. Go Pats Go! I'll have to miss the first game this series tomorrow night as I work until 6 in Regina but I'll watch it online. What did you guys think?

patsdude114
03-31-2015, 10:32 PM
I'll have to miss the first game this series tomorrow night as I work until 6 in Regina but I'll watch it online. What did you guys think?

If you have shaw or access you can watch the game on TV instead of paying for it online... channel 70 on access and not sure what channel it is on shaw but im sure a few guys on here can tell you what channel if you have that

chopper
04-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Ch # 299 on Shaw. Wapple wasn't as good as he needs to be and I'm pretty sure he knows it. An ugly win but they all count. Christopher is playing like a man possessed. Really hope the boys wrap it up tonight. Don't want to give those guys any reason for hope.

witness
04-01-2015, 10:49 AM
The boys showed a ton of resolve last night. Just kept battling back. Took the best that SC could offer and one upped them. Wapple was OK, but not outstanding. Christoffer and Brooks were incredible. OT goal scored on a dominating shift.

The hit by Hilsendager will be looked at by the league. But, I also think that the league should look at the hit from Leth on Brooks in the 2nd. Both blindside hits and contact with the head. Too bad for Debrusk, but I didn't see any intent to injure on the hit. Elbows and shoulder were down, Hilsendager was just trying to separate the man from the puck. I thought that the Leth hit was way more dangerous, the difference was that Brooks popped back up and Debrusk didn't.

patsdude114
04-01-2015, 03:34 PM
@PhilTheThrill18: Pats defenceman James Hilsendager has been suspended for his hit on Jake DeBrusk last night. Length to be determined #WHL #yqr

sbtatter
04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
@PhilTheThrill18: Pats defenceman James Hilsendager has been suspended for his hit on Jake DeBrusk last night. Length to be determined #WHL #yqr

I haven't seen the hit, but unfortunately these days, hits that were ok. Few years ago aren't anymore, to hockey's detriment. If a guy doesn't jump into the hit, or if the guy being hit puts himself in harms way at the last moment, it shouldn't be a suspension, but it is. Hits from behind close to the boards are a different issue though IMO.
Regina should finish the broncos off tonight, what a miserable season for swifty after all the pre season hype

blerbtalksc
04-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Lamb has done more than enough this year to have the board give him at least a five year extension. :confused: What a colossal waste of talented hockey players. We can only dream what a year it would have been with a quality bench boss. I feel really bad for the players to have to be lead by a total clown. One person to blame for this year...Lamb.

patsdude114
04-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Put it in the books this series is over!!!

Another solid performance by the Pats and Wapple with a huge bounce back game.

How good was berg tonight? I said before that he was going to play a big role with the us during the playoffs and he has done just that playing in a big role on the 4th line and moved up to the 3rd line when Gabrielle was benched and was huge.

I loved the stat that Phil mentioned about Brooks... he either 2g2a on each game winner in this series... that is clutch

chopper
04-02-2015, 08:46 AM
I agree that Wapple had a bounce back game, and when he's playing well the team seems to flow nicely. It was a very close series overall but it seemed the Pats kept getting stronger and stronger as the series progressed. No superstars just speed and work ethic.

It surprised me somewhat that the Broncos had such struggles all year, considering the immense talent they have throughout their line up. I won't comment on Lamb's situation but perhaps they should look at Malcolm Cameron who did a good job with the Pats 2013/14

I think congrats are in order to the Wheat Kings who won a hard fought series, even though they are playing through a ton of injuries. Watched last night and heard that Klimchuk is out. Pilon playing hurt and the list goes on. I thought Kaspick and Patrick carried lots of weight for the WK's.

Paddock knows how good the WK's are and isn't under any illusions. He is building for the future and winning a round is gravy. A WK/Pats series will be fast hockey and I hope the Pats can extend it to at least six games. It should be a fun series.