sbtatter
04-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Test

dsquared
04-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Wheaties in 4

sbtatter
04-02-2015, 05:05 PM
I tried to cut and paste some thoughts, but the board is not playing nice today!

sbtatter
04-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /newreply.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

patsdude114
04-02-2015, 05:30 PM
We got what 8 days to talk about this series before the puck is dropped.... that is way to freaken long if you ask me lol

BRN is definitely enjoying this time off though with the injuries they got, the Pats on the other hand would love to start this series up this weekend as we are healthy besides Steel and besides the odd bump and bruise from this last series.

Word today is Hilsendager got a 3 game suspension for his hit on DeBrusk, that is a big loss for our backend for games 1 & 2 in BRN.. I just don't get how they can hand out such hefty suspensions for a play that wasn't even warranted a penalty. By no means am I saying he shouldn't of deserved at least a 2min minor but a 3 game suspension in the playoffs for that hit is BS, 5yrs ago everyone would of been praising this hit.

patsdude114
04-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Wheaties in 4

I think the Pats are better then that, I do think the Pats will win a game hopefully 2 games. We have proved even after the trades that we can still play with BRN and I do believe we will still prove it in the playoffs as well.

sbtatter
how long is Klimchuk out for?
Is Duke expected back in this series?
What about Pilon?

Trevor
04-03-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm thinking it should be pretty much all hands on deck for Brandon by the time this series starts. Klimchuk it sounded was closer to a game time decision for games 4 and 5 against Edmonton. Duke was walking around among the crowd the last game of the season versus MJ and he looked to be fine. Obviously walking around the concourse is much different than playing, but the consensus was he would have been ready for the end of opening series, so I would think 2nd round is a very safe bet. Pilon was still playing, so I would think the time between rounds should come close to returning him to full health.

SectionNDeserter
04-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /newreply.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.I have been getting that too. Turns out to be an issue with the 'percent' symbol. As soon as I took that out of my message, I was able to post.

Fight Guy
04-03-2015, 05:14 PM
I had this problem with a post not long ago as well. I went back and looked and sure enough, I used a percent symbol. If you use the quick reply though, it will allow you to use it and post it.

sbtatter
04-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Well, this should be an entertaining series, and the best one travel wise for Brandon, Pats being the closest team and all. Lots of sub plots at play, the new coach and GM on the block vs the old master (at least in WHL experience if not age!), Gabrielle and Klimchuck playing their old teams, lots of young guys setting down messages for the next 2 years, both teams hugely exceeding expectations this season. Wapple v Papirny is also interesting, Wapple with his 4th best 1.96 GAA and 6th best .933 SAVpercent vs papirnys 7th best 2.01 GAA and 4th best .942 SAVpercent
Brandons PP is ticking along, the leagues 3rd best at 35.3 percent v regina 10th at 11.1 percent. PK has Regina in 5th at 88.9 percent and Brandon 8th at 85.7percent, so obviously a key in this series will be can Brandon score on the PP? And can they stop regina scoring shorties?
I looked at the ages of the 20 guys playing in our two series last night, just plugged in their year of birth, didn't get down to years and months, but clearly, older doesn't always equate success

Regina 17.85
Swifty 18.45

Brandon 18.1 (they were 18.05 last year in game 4 v Regina)
Edmonton 18.2

I know the Wheaties are a tired, hurting squad, anyone who watched last night would know as well. The whole series against Edm started with 6 guys not skating all week until game 1 Thur night. Flu and infections had the team in tough shape, but looks like that has passed now hopefully. No one is saying if Klimchuck will be ready for game 1, seems like Reid Duke will be ready, hopefully Pilon is healthy, but truthfully, Klimchuck and Duke are more of a miss than Pilon because Bdn had Clague and Taraschuk ready to fill in on defence
The lines have been all messed up since the flu and injuries took over, but I'm hoping Friday night the forwards will look like this

Klimchuck McGauley P Quenneville
Bukarts J Quenneville Shmyr
Duke Patrick Hawryluk
Coulter Campbell Kaspick

I know Regina are missing Steel for the series and Hilsendager for 2 games. Any other starters out? If Regina keep winning, any word on Steel returning for conference or league finals? Regina will try to paint themselves the massive underdog, but, with the coaching they have and a hot goaltender the series should be a lot closer than the Pats are claiming.

sbtatter
04-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys for the tip that the percent symbol is what was messing my posts up, bizarre!

patsdude114
04-05-2015, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the number crunching you went pretty in depth with all that and its appreciated from me anyways as I love seeing the numbers.

As for Steel during his interview on Shaw TV I thought he had said he was 3-5 weeks away from skating again. So if by some chance the Pats do knock the WKs out he may be day to day later in the conference finals, would they risk throwing him into the fire though being day to day that's another story and something I don't think they would risk as if he reinjuried his knee there could be more serious issues in the years to come.

Paddock has his hands full with this series it is going to test his coaching abilities to the fullest I believe. You can only do so much with the talent and experience you have to work with and up until this point in the year Paddock has met and exceeded all expectations. The Pats have no pressure in this series, no one is predicting them to win this series it is all on the Wheat Kings with the talented group they have over there... injuries or not their top 6 are still the best in the league IMO

A few of the vets on the Pats will want some type of redemption against the WKs from last season but is there enough of them around to carry that torch and go all out to knock the WKs off???

Everyone knows the weakest link to the entire WKs team is their defense, if the Pats can use their speed and size down low and wear out the defense they may have a chance. A very key ingredient to this entire series is BRN's ability with their quick strike offense, with their skill they feast on getting a quick 2nd or 3rd goal after they get that one. That last game in Regina between these 2 teams it was 1-1 after 40mins and the Pats had no problems at all keeping pace with the WKs and even taking it to them at times during the game but then the 3rd period came around and the WKs got that 2nd goal and 30-40 seconds later they got the 3rd goal and that buried the Pats... Later on Klimchuk scored on the empty net.

The Pats really did need the Oil Kings to win game 5 as game 6 wasn't until Monday if I recall or maybe it was Tuesday due to the rink being unavailable. But we both got a long wait for this series to get rolling and I think both teams fans are in for a treat by no means do I think this series is going to be over fast, I really think this series is going 6 games. I guess time will tell but GO PATS!!

Bighat
04-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Steel doesn't have a knee injury he has an ankle problem and his goal is to be ready to play in the world under 18 championships this spring, but if he's ready I'm sure he'll play in the next series if appl.

sbtatter
04-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Luber is reporting that duke may make an appearance this series, no news on klimchuck yet. As far as Gabrielle goes, everyone wishes he had wanted to play in Bdn, but he didn't, so, KM had to make a stinky trade. If klimchuck was back as a 20 that would make the trade a lot more palatable!! I think the Bdn guys know Jesse so well that his talking is amusing to them, seems like the one guy who dislikes him enough to fight him is Erkamps. But really,fighting in the playoffs seems to be at a premium. Pressure is on Bdn for game one, if they do well Friday night then the pressure will shift towards Regina. I know Pedersen said he'd take wapple every day of the week over Papirny, but I think those two guys were equally excellent in round one. Too me, the key is the special teams, whoever wins that wins the series.... Coaching edge goes to Paddock, player experience goes to Bdn so should be a great series IMO

patsdude114
04-07-2015, 04:58 PM
The pats have recalled Brady Pouteau since his midget season came to a close the other day.

Wonder if he sees action with Hilsendager out, he can't be no worse then Mortlock at least Brady can skate

@WHLpats: News - The Pats have recalled defenceman Brady Pouteau ('98) (@brady_pouteau) from @PVHawksHockey #Gamechangers #WHL http://t.co/Ebx0zm84Wu

Fight Guy
04-07-2015, 06:25 PM
I think Pouteau may get a chance, especially with the numbers he put up this season and with Hilsendager out two more games. He's got good size and can skate too. If he can move the puck as well as his stats show, Paddock may want to see how he does in game action. I've been following him since he came off his injury and was excited to see him in a Pats jersey next season. Maybe it happens sooner?!

O&C
04-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Go Pats! I know I will be cheering them on.

Also, you may be interested in our latest blog entry. We talk Pats (briefly). Just something fun I thought I would pass along!! Enjoy.

http://canesdomain.com/2015/04/08/whl-logo-ranking-2015/

witness
04-08-2015, 11:55 AM
On a side note:

Burroughs just signed a 3 year entry level deal with the Islanders.

Good news Kyle!!

patsdude114
04-10-2015, 01:53 PM
finally the day we have all been waiting for!! Game on in about 4.5hrs cant wait to watch this game on webcast tonight

RWAH
04-10-2015, 04:00 PM
After lossing game one in the last series, im sure the Wheaties will be ready for tonight. However the Pats need a win in Brandon and games 1,2,or 5 should be easier than game 7. BUT if it gets to a game 7, all the pressure is on the Wheaties as they won the league and finished more than 15 points ahead of the Pats. I complained about the quality of web casting, got a refund, but may buy in tonight as this series should be fast paced offensive hochey

GO PATS GO

Bighat
04-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Let's go blue take the 1st one and the pressure will be off.

patsdude114
04-10-2015, 05:32 PM
To be fair about the webcast quality.... SWife Current has one of the worst feeds in the league imo, BRN has a pretty decent one I haven't had any issues with theirs in the past

Thatshockey1965
04-10-2015, 08:57 PM
I will be the first to say it. Simply out muscled. Older bigger and just as fast of a hockey team. Three different Defensive brain cramps costs them huge. Will hopefully be better tomorrow.

patsdude114
04-10-2015, 10:27 PM
I thought we played like crap (not the word I want to use but profanity gets blocked out on here) not once during that game did I see us play how we have played all year long. We played like we have already handed the Wheat Kings the series, hopefully tomorrow night is better.

One thing I laughed at during the webcast tonight was how even the WKs announcers mentioned how weak of a defenseman Mortlock is, that the Pats were getting him off the ice as fast as they could once the other Dmen were ready to go again. Our defense is not as deep as our forward group and that's a real concern, hopefully next year guys like Pouteau & Freidrich really push for spots

Holdenthepsycho
04-11-2015, 10:25 AM
That was a terrible game to watch as a Pats fan. I was hoping for a little bit more after the 2-1 goal but Brandon continued to dominate. When both teams went back and forth throughout portions of the game Brandon looked much more comfortable doing so. All of our prime scoring chances were fanned on or misfired. I won't fault Wapple, but I thought he was average. First time using the webcast and I enjoyed it. Better than I expected. The one thing I found annoying was the background music at the stadium before faceoffs but I understand that can be tough to control. I'll watch again tonight and obviously hope we snag a win. I have tickets to games 3 and 4 and would like a warm reception at the Brandt Centre regardless of it being 2-0 or 1-1.

chopper
04-11-2015, 10:32 AM
I agree with PD114 that we played poorly and much of it our own doing. We weren't good really at any phase of the game. Offence, defence, and goaltending were not what it needs to be for us to even compete in this series. If we're not a lot better it's over quick.

Our D wasn't very good last night as stated. Mortlock struggled but so did Harrison. It's tough to compete with such a young D-Corps and arguably not a real talented one. IMO if the Pats thought they would be in the 2nd round, they would have added an older D-man.

Excluding Schoiler ??, Poteau and Freadrich are two young talented guys. IMO they won't be much help for 2 or 3 seasons as they are raw rookies, and a few years from prime time. To be competitive next season the Pats need to add some seasoning to their D-corps.

For now they have to dance with the ones they brought. Let's hope they find a little more drive tonight, and maybe play with a little more truculence.

RWAH
04-11-2015, 12:14 PM
just listened to the game but it seamed we could not sustain any O zone time. There were a few spurts but not a lot of time to wear on Brandon's D. Again I did not watch the game but the comments on here that Mortlock was weak but the game sheet has Williams and Hobbs at minus 2 and Mortlock even. I assume that it was Williams and Hobbs matched to Brandon's top 6. Looking for a better effort tonight, more O zone time to wear on Brandon's D
GO PATS GO

patsdude114
04-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Again I did not watch the game but the comments on here that Mortlock was weak but the game sheet has Williams and Hobbs at minus 2 and Mortlock even.

Im not disagreeing with anything you had said in your post but to be fair we all know Mortlock get's matched up against a teams 3rd or 4th line and he struggles at best with those matchups.

I agree with Chopper when he says our defense is just too young... its hard to be a serious threat in the playoffs when you have 3 of your top 4 Dmen all rookie 17yr olds. Now with that said we were never expected to be a serious threat this year for playoffs and our defense will be much better next year as our entire top 4 will be returning. If Pouteau, Freidrich & possibly Schoiler put up even close to the same type of seasons as our 17yr olds did this year our defense will be in good hands.

I think for the most part we all kind of expected for this to happen against BRN just hope that not all games are like last nights game. Were fans and of course we will cheer for our team, I mean we have for the last 20yrs with no direction ever set.

RWAH
04-11-2015, 11:04 PM
only listened tonight but sounded like a better effort tonight. Brandon rink and pucks off the back boards to the front of the net was one of their goals but that happens often in Brandon. the boards there have a livelier bounce or the goal line is closer to the end wall (but I think the distance from end wall to goal line is the same in all rinks) It also sounded that the officiating was off tonight.
get out support the boys on Tues and Wed. It is pretty good hockey
GO PATS GO

chopper
04-12-2015, 07:51 AM
There are no real surprises here. Brandon was full marks for the win and that was expected. With Lang and Struch around the team should have been prepared for the unusual boards and bounces. I guess that's the benefit of having home ice.

The officials were calling a rather poor game. They lost control and didn't know what to call. Not the calibre that one should expect at this time of year. Their thing was taking turns putting teams down two men. They should have focused on the cheap stuff.

The Pats were better in the 2nd game but still not near good enough. While on a PP getting caught on a 2 on 1 with nobody coming back is tough. IMO there were a couple suspect goals by Wapple. All these little things add up to losses.

In order for the Pats to have a sniff goaltending had to be lights out good. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been the case. One or two weak goal a game will kill you and we've been giving those up. It's not any one thing just a lot of smaller ones which will sink them.

Hope they're a lot better on Tuesday and they will need to be. Win and it's series on! A loss and it's lights out. Their overall youth and depth of talent is being exploited by Brandon. Hockey can be a strange game and anything can happen. I'm hopeful but also realistic.

Trevor
04-12-2015, 09:01 AM
I wasn't at last nights game, but the bounces I can believe. As far as I know it's a regulation sized ice surface so I don't think the goal/icing line is closer to the corner or anything like that. It's not like the bad bounces are a common occurence, but when they happen it seems like they defy the laws of physics! The zamboni door is the main source. Routine plays like the goalie going behind the net to play the puck, and it bounces out in front, of course to the opponent for an empty net tap in.

RWAH
04-12-2015, 09:47 AM
The comment about goal tending is so true. Its often the time of the saves not the quantity or quality. The Pats got with in one twice, had pressure on the Wheaties, but then ops down two in short order.
On another note all the thoughts that in Steel's 18 year we will be the top team, Brandon will still be a force.

brandonboy
04-12-2015, 10:42 AM
It was a very physical game and I'd say Wapple has been pretty solid. I know someone else said he needed to be better but if it wasn't for him these last 2 games could have been a lot worse for you guys. One thing I'll say for sure though is in the next couple years Regina will be a dangerous team.

I would have thought this thread would have been a lot more active with the two teams that are playing but I guess you guys all bullied the old Brandon fans to much and they needed to go start a different site? Lol

chopper
04-12-2015, 01:01 PM
I would never suggest that our goaltending was the reason we lost. Wapple at times this year has been sensational for the Pats like the first game of the Swift Current series. Last night the 4th and 5th goals were odiferous. Saves at the right time are more important that the number of them. It was the Grant Fuhr mantra.

The one thing this team has shown up to this point is that they are resilient. They may not do it but they are quite capable of winning a couple games on home ice. Lets's hope!

nivek_wahs
04-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Harrison and Cole out for Game 3 due to injury.

Pats head coach John Paddock says forward Rykr Cole and defenceman Chase Harrison will not play in game 3 against Brandon #WHL #yqr

Zborovskiy suspended.

Pats defenceman Sergey Zborovskiy has been suspended for his hit on Jayce Hawryluk in game 2. Length to be determined. #WHL #yqr

The steep road gets steeper with Harrison and Zborovskiy out.

patsdude114
04-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Ouch that's a big blow with Big Serg suspended too... I think a bigger blow then Hilsendager's suspension, plus throw in no Harrison and that makes things very tougher now. I am thinking will be lucky to win 1 game, I hope were not swept back to back years by the Wheat Kings but its kind of shaping up like that again

Bighat
04-13-2015, 05:32 PM
We will win game 3. It will be our only win.

patsdude114
04-13-2015, 07:47 PM
We will win game 3. It will be our only win.

You heard it here first folks... that pats will win game 3 :groovy::clap: I hope your right at make it look like a series for 1 day lol

sbtatter
04-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Ouch, missing hawryluk, bukarts, klimchuck and waltz.....two dmen playing forward. Going to be a tough game for Bdn tonight

RWAH
04-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Wapple! Wapple! Wapple! the only reason we won. Good effort liked the physical part but gee the third period has to get better. Same effort and goal tending and we could have a game 6 here. Win game six and all the pressure is on Brandon That's getting ahead .

Bighat
04-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Messier who? Just kidding but I did call it. If we can sneak out tomorrow's game we have a series. We need to cut down the turnovers and we have a chance.

Round'the'Rink
04-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Any idea why Krushen never sees the line-up? Is he hurt? They dressed Pouteau? How did he look?

chopper
04-15-2015, 08:11 AM
Takled to a couple Brandon fans and they felt that this was the best game the WK's have played yet. They were very good and had 41 shots, many highest quality. Wapple was clearly the difference and he had to be, after a couple so so games in Brandon.

The Pats played gritty and determined all game long. Both teams took some hellacious hits all for the most part pretty clean. The officiating is still far below the calibre that I would like to see. The officials claim to be neutral but I don't see anything to support that.

I don't know how tonights game will go but either team is capable of winning. I hope the Pats can duplicate their efforts and extend this to at least six games. I think they can still be much better. Wagner has to pick up his game. He's been invisible this series.

Poteau played ok in the three shifts he had. Krushen wasn't dressed for a while and I'm not sure why the dressed Poteau over Krushen who has had more WHL experience. Coach's decision.

GoldenBoy
04-15-2015, 09:33 AM
I was at the game last night, and in my opinion Brandon played like **** and that is the best Pats team i've ever seen. My username on the other forums is redwingsfan. I thought the Pats played a great game, Brandon showed up in the 3rd period. It would be nice to get some of the guys back. Wapple was outstanding. I was sitting in section 103 last night on the goal line and had a great view of wapples performance. Regina plays a physical game, bright future, and it will be nice to see that rivalry start brewing again because 2 more seasons it will be Brandon Regina talked about all season long.

My thoughts on Gabrielle, one thing I noticed this year is that he doesn't go after known fighters since he got his clocked cleaned in Brandon by Koelesar and Lernout. And he chirps players who he knows he can win a fight against. I thought he played a good game, but I'll be honest I am glad he isn't wearing Black and gold any more. I feel as he is a Jesse first player and team second.

Big game tonight, any word on Reginas injuries. I've heard rumblings that Klimchuck is likely dressing tonight for Brandon.

Patsies
04-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Agree with your comments GoldenBoy on Gabrielle. But a warning, I was banned on the other Brandon site after I agreed with another poster that Gabrielle was invisible in game one, nothing more negative than that! Pretty easy to figure out who banned me and others, as the moderator over there is westernhockeyscout, who based on viewings over here is a major Gabrielle booster. Lol. Hopefully this site is a bit more open to honest discussion. As for this series, Brandon needs to get some key guys back asap. Their forwards need to pressure the young Regina D. Hopefully the next couple of games will be entertaining.

patsdude114
04-15-2015, 12:34 PM
My thoughts on last night's game is..... that was playoff hockey at its finest, the refs let the teams decide the outcome and didn't turn it into a special teams game. We had 1 PP and it took us 50 seconds to regain the zone after BRN won the faceoff and dumped it. Our PP has been brutal all season long and it blows me away how we finished where we did with such a horrible PP, guess it just shows how good we are 5on5 and the 20 PK goals helped too.

But another comment about the refs... they let a lot of stuff go on both sides and the penalties that were called were well deserved, the only questionable call I thought was the D'Amico charging. Still don't know how the Duke cross check to Brooks throat didn't get called but outside of that I don't recall anything else that should of been called... this is playoff hockey let the war continue 5on5.... On that Duke cross check to Brooks throat, there was great video evidence on it on the big screen one would think the Pats sent that into the league for a possible suspension. That play has no business being in the game that straight out of the 70s & 80s

Wapple has always been a better home goalie then a road goalie, he tends to feed off the energy of the crowd with his saves. Yes Wapple has a c0cky swagger to him and it shows more on home ice then on the road.

I thought Luc Smith played his best game as a Regina Pat, he was very noticeable all game long. Hansen played arguably his best game as a defenseman in the league as well. I really hope some team takes him on next year as a 20yr old, he just brings so much to a team he may not be the flashiest of players but he just goes out there and does his job (forward or defense).

Cant wait to see what tonight brings, and I hope we get closer to 6000 in the building tonight as last nights game was such a treat to watch.

Any word yet if Big Serg is back for tonight? or did he get more then 1 game?

Ouch, missing hawryluk, bukarts, klimchuck and waltz.....two dmen playing forward. Going to be a tough game for Bdn tonight

We were missing some very key pieces as well, our defense on paper was the worst its ever been all season long. The players we were missing (Harrison, Zborovskiy, Cole) may not be big named guys like what BRN were missing but these guys are huge in our depth, and Big Serg logs a ton of mintues on our backend and fills out our top 4. When I looked at our defense last night before I even headed to the rink for the game I seriously thought we were in HUGE trouble.

dsquared
04-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Sergey Zborovskiy gets 3 games for interference major and game misconduct. Pats need to win and force game 6 for him to return.

Holdenthepsycho
04-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Great game tonight boys. Another incredible performance by Wapple. Just came up short. I'm not sure how anyone else saw the refereeing but I thought it was not great...huge understatement. I can't see us coming back from this. Who do we have left on Defence? I wouldn't even be surprised with Williams was playing through adrenaline and is also injured. Provonov won't be suspended because Williams got up. Here's hoping we steal game 5 to have one more chance to say good bye to our 20 year olds. Great season!

Bighat
04-15-2015, 10:48 PM
Great game great effort by the guys tonite. I don't blame refs too often but tonite I don't know what game they were watching but they royally fu**ed up. Williams gets probably the worse hit in hockey 3'-4' from the boards from behind 2 mins. That is the most dangerous hit in hockey, then Hobbs gives a hip check, and buddy goes to miss him and a major for ? Great game and effort they have made a believer out of me. Wappel outstanding again thx for the great nite of entertainment minus the parking lot. Lol.

sbtatter
04-15-2015, 10:59 PM
Great game great effort by the guys tonite. I don't blame refs too often but tonite I don't know what game they were watching but they royally fu**ed up. Williams gets probably the worse hit in hockey 3'-4' from the boards from behind 2 mins. That is the most dangerous hit in hockey, then Hobbs gives a hip check, and buddy goes to miss him and a major for ? Great game and effort they have made a believer out of me. Wappel outstanding again thx for the great nite of entertainment minus the parking lot. Lol.

Hopefully it didn't take until now for you to get out of the parking lot haha!

Bighat
04-15-2015, 11:12 PM
Yes it did. Rank.

Trevor
04-16-2015, 02:16 AM

There was a lot of missed calls each way. I know it can be frustrating to watch, but as long as it is even, which I'd say it was, I'm okay with it. I would guess there was at least 8 penalties missed, including a too many men for each team, but it was an even spread of Brandon misses and Regina misses.

Worst of the night though was when there was the 3 roughings and a tripping, why the hell was that 5 on 5?!?! The 2 roughings offset, but the 3rd roughing and a tripping penalty shouldn't offset. Should have been 4 vs 4 hockey for 2 minutes.

McGauley was pushed into Wapple as well, that should have been a goal.

Kudos to the Pats, we were sitting in 220, and were taken aback by how good the pre-game presentation and all of the game day staff were!

GoldenBoy
04-16-2015, 09:14 AM
The game in my opinion as well was fairly even. I feel as if the refs have called some of the wrong penalties both ways. I notice the Regina staff are good at showing replays in favour of them, I would of liked to see a different angle on the pilon hit. The fact they didn't show another angle, makes me believe that it was a knee on knee, but then again it is hard to see from the one angle.

chopper
04-16-2015, 09:50 AM
It's kind of amusing how the johnny-come-lately Brandon hijackers come on and yip about how fair everything was. IMO the flip side is that's utter BS, and judging from Paddocks comments he thinks that as well.

On the Mcgauley play, he skated into the crease on his own which in itself is sufficient to wave off the goal. He tried to sell the bump but it clearly shows him taking Wapple out - no goal.

The Duke hit the night before on Brooks was vicious and should have resulted in a 5 and game. The same thing on a head shot and check from behind on Williams. Coincidental I don't think so!. Provorv should have been ejected on that hit. Had it been the other way around Williams would have been gone. Provorov would have McCrimmon instructed, laid on the ice and rolled around. Williams was hurt but he's a tough kid.

The cameras don't create angles, they are what they are. Pilon tried to avoid a big open ice hit and went down. The replays show it was not penalty but once again it was a call to satisfy McCrimmon. Paddock was thoroughly pissed and I don't blame him.

I've seen this BS love-in between the league and McCrimmon for over 30 years. Nothing has changed. It's too freaking bad that two teams can't decide a game, instead of having one guy always getting the ice tilted in his favour.

From a purely hockey perspective, it's been some good hockey and very very close. This young group has shown they can play nose to nose with the best team in the league. I expect they will be even better next season. The unfortunate part is that whoever wins this series won't have much left to move on with. Both teams will be seriously beat up.

Trevor
04-16-2015, 11:26 AM
It's kind of amusing how the johnny-come-lately Brandon hijackers come on and yip about how fair everything was. IMO the flip side is that's utter BS, and judging from Paddocks comments he thinks that as well.

On the Mcgauley play, he skated into the crease on his own which in itself is sufficient to wave off the goal. He tried to sell the bump but it clearly shows him taking Wapple out - no goal.

The Duke hit the night before on Brooks was vicious and should have resulted in a 5 and game. The same thing on a head shot and check from behind on Williams. Coincidental I don't think so!. Provorv should have been ejected on that hit. Had it been the other way around Williams would have been gone. Provorov would have McCrimmon instructed, laid on the ice and rolled around. Williams was hurt but he's a tough kid.

The cameras don't create angles, they are what they are. Pilon tried to avoid a big open ice hit and went down. The replays show it was not penalty but once again it was a call to satisfy McCrimmon. Paddock was thoroughly pissed and I don't blame him.

I've seen this BS love-in between the league and McCrimmon for over 30 years. Nothing has changed. It's too freaking bad that two teams can't decide a game, instead of having one guy always getting the ice tilted in his favour.

From a purely hockey perspective, it's been some good hockey and very very close. This young group has shown they can play nose to nose with the best team in the league. I expect they will be even better next season. The unfortunate part is that whoever wins this series won't have much left to move on with. Both teams will be seriously beat up.

What I bolded is complete bull, and you only had to watch phantom call after phantom call against Brandon in the first round against Edmonton to know it. And then watch Edmonton practically get away with murder at the same time.

The Provorov hit, 2 minute minor was the right call. In round 1 Clague got taken down way worse (went into the boards feet first) and it wasn't a penalty.

As I said was it a well called game, not at all. But it was an evenly called game. The Hobbs hit was maybe a bit excessive as a 5 and a game because he didn't stick his leg out to catch Pilon on the knee, but definitely a kneeing penalty.

patsdude114
04-16-2015, 12:35 PM
This has been an ugly series in terms of injuries and suspensions.... Last night there should of been (2) 5min majors handed out sadly they only called 1 of them. That Provorov hit was just as dirty if not dirtier then the Hobbs hit. Im a huge Hobbs fan but he lead with the knee on that hit and tried to avoid the hit all together, these 2 things are never good for the player receiving the hit.

5on5 during these 2 home games the Pats have been the better team, its sad that all season long the coaching staff has not been able to put together a PP unit. Even before the trades we struggled on the PP on the best of times.

Game 5 could get ugly im fully expecting the Pats to be missing 3 of their top 5 defensemen due to injury and suspensions. But maybe the WKs will still be missing Waltz and possibly Pilon as well and if the league gets it right they suspend Provorov as well. That would definitely even things up in terms of defense but we also have 2 raw rookies on the back end in Krushen and Pouteau, plus a shakey Mortlock so we would basically have 3 dependable Dmen in Williams, Hilsendager and Hansen.

Oh some positive notes on both games....

I thought Luc Smith has played his best 2 games as a Pat, he hasn't looked out of place with his skating and has been pretty good on the draws as well.

Connor Hobbs has been a stud back on the blueline as well, he has been rushing the puck well and throwing some big hits, even though the 1 big hit got him into trouble. I guess Paddock's comments earlier in the year are very true... I cant quote the exact words but it was something along the lines of 'no big hits in the 3rd period in case the refs get it wrong' now im not saying the refs got this hit wrong cause imo I believe they got it right but in a 1 goal hockey game while on the PK he may need to rethink going for a big hit at the blueline.

James Hilsendager has played his bests games as a Regina Pat as well, playing bigger minutes these last 2 games have shown me just how far he has really came during the season. He could very well become 1 of the top shutdown Dmen in the Eastern Conference in the years to come, if he adds some toughness to his game and drops the mitts he could be intimidating.

Adam Berg has fit nicely into the lineup, he continues to impress me and I know I have said it before but he should of been on this roster out of training camp. Looking for big things out of him next season.

The save of the game for me last night was when Papriny robbed Smith on the 2on0... if that goes in I fully believe it would of been an entirely different game, it would of got the crowd rocking midway point of the 1st and us playing with the lead. The goals that have killed us in this series has been the late goals to end periods, Hansen failed to clear that puck when he went to 1time the puck out of the zone but kind of fanned on the shot and we never recovered from that failed attempt.

witness
04-16-2015, 02:32 PM
I am not a big Bylow fan and Watt seems to think the show is about him. If this is the best the league can do for the final 8 playoffs, then their referee pool is shallower then any of us suspected.

I have thought that Schenkler (sp??) has done a great job. Calls the stuff that impacts the game, not a guy falling because they lost an edge.

To be honest, I think they got the Provorov hit right. It was really an excuse me shove, but it was dangerous and worthy of a penality. I really don't see any reason for a suspension.

I watched a couple of replays on the Hobbs hit. I didn't see a knee. I really thought he caught him with a hip. It still results in a penality (clipping) and because of the devastating injury a 5 minute major. And Hobbs will be suspended. The league stands behind the referees and if they deem it a 5 minute hit then the league will also suspend the player.

My issue is the length of the suspensions. Any hockey person will tell you that a suspension in the playoff is deemed as double that of one in season. So Hilsendager's hit and a guy with no intent to injure and no history gets 3 games. That means that hit in season is worth 6 games?? Again, Zborousky's hit for a guy with no history is worth 6 games in regular season.

The hit on Brooks, I don't think is worth a suspension. but, it sure in hell was worth a double minor. I still don't get how both referees missed it. If one of you is not looking where the puck is, then what are you looking at?

patsdude, I agree, I think Smith has elevated his game. Has filled in as the 3rd line center quite well. I am a huge Hilsendager fan. I really like the kid's game. There are a ton of guys that I have been impressed with and have elevated their games. Most notable to me are: D'Amico, Christoffer, Berg, Williams, Hilsendager, Harrison, Hobbs and Cole. Guys that I think have more to give: Wagner and Cooper

chopper
04-16-2015, 03:58 PM
The Provorov hit was absolutely a major. All Williams needs to do is stay down for 30 seconds and he's gone! It's almost exactly the same hit that crippled Brad Hornung. I was at that game too. One of the dirtiest type hits in hockey. Please don't anyone try to excuse that hit. The hit the night before was nearly as egregious as the one on Williams. Brooks was shaken up and could have been seriously injured. If it's worth a a double minor, it's a major.

The Hobbs hit was a hit that a guy tried to turn away from, and there is nothing Hobbs can do. I have watched that numerous times and nowhere do you see a knee. In the skating motion your knees are in front of you. Hobbs is smart enough to know that knee on knee can be just as dangerous to him as his opponent. Since when do you get a major for a follow through? At the very worst it was an unintentional clipping. Just because a guy gets injured it does't mean an infraction occurred. However in the MHL it does.

Paddock knows what a penalty is and isn't. Last night he was livid and he has every right to be. That game was taken away from him and he said as much. It's truly disgusting that poor officiating has changed the outcome of games. It should be decided but he players. Pats fans have a right to expect better.

Bighat
04-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Chopper I agree with every word you say, I was there when brad got hurt and it's the same type of hit the worst in the game. What about the elbow Williams took to the chops last nite. I talked to one of the pats greats after the game and he was livid about the Hobbs penalty, a hip check that pilol turned into. A 2 minute call if anything.

patsdude114
04-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Paddock was livid cause it was a 5min major just like any coach would be no matter if they agree with the call or not (which they never do when it goes against you) he knew Hobbs was done for the game and that his defense was already hurting badly with missing Harrison and Zborovskiy. There's a reason why the Pats website doesn't have the Hobbs hit included into the highlights, trying to limit the exposure to the hit cause Hobbs crossed the line with the knee.

Either way this whole 5min major talk is non sense even if it wasn't worth a 5min major it was still worth a 2min minor and BRN scored very early into the PP... sure we would of had Hobbs to use the rest of the game but would that of mattered? maybe maybe not we will never know

Patsies
04-16-2015, 06:18 PM
After viewing these boards over the years, patsdude114 is likely the most honest and objective of his teams performance, whether good or bad. Kudos to you.

brandonboy
04-16-2015, 06:26 PM
You guys show the meaning of rose coloured glasses (both sides). The officiating is bad but you have no idea what bias officiating is until you play a Calgary or Edmonton in a series. As for the Provorov hit, there's a reason there is a 2 min penalty for that cause that's exactly what it was. Not every hit from behind is a 5min major as what it seems most fans think these days. As for the Pilon hit. It was clearly unintentional and I'd put more of the blame on Pilon himself for trying to be shifty instead of just bracing for the hit. One thing I will say is I'm extremely disappointed in the way Brandon is representing themselves with the diving and playing it up to draw some calls, it's actually been very embarrassing as a Brandon fan.

Bighat
04-16-2015, 06:54 PM
I agree not every check from behind is a 5 minute penalty or even a penalty ( when offensive player turns his back to draw a penality) but the hit last nite is the worse hit from behind, when the player is 3-4' away from the boards that's the hit that causes MAJOR injuries. Aside from the few bad calls it's been a great series on both sides, great playoff hockey. I hate to see refs control the outcome of games. Here's to another good game Friday

patsdude114
04-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Hobbs officially suspended the length TBD so 3 games lol 2 games will carry into the start of next season.

I don't see us standing much of a chance in game 5 with only 3 regular Dmen in the line up... Williams, Hilsendager, Hansen..... Mortlock, Krushen, Pouteau have a combined total of 57 games played 35 of them are Mortlock and Pouteau has what maybe 6 shifts.

brandonboy
04-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Hobbs officially suspended the length TBD so 3 games lol 2 games will carry into the start of next season.

I don't see us standing much of a chance in game 5 with only 3 regular Dmen in the line up... Williams, Hilsendager, Hansen..... Mortlock, Krushen, Pouteau have a combined total of 57 games played 35 of them are Mortlock and Pouteau has what maybe 6 shifts. IMO this is one of those knee jerk suspensions cause of injury. To me a suspension should be based on intent and there was clearly no intent to target a knee here at all.

sbtatter
04-16-2015, 09:12 PM
Speaking of Hobbs, he looks raw but good. I'm surprised MH didn't keep him this year, he is exactly what they don't have, big and physical. They could sure use him right now instead of quenneville I wish I could see his hit to make a judgement on it WKs are in tough if they win this series, missing bukarts, hawryluk, klimchuck, waltz, pilon and lisoway is basically missing 30% of your top line players! and that won't cut it against top teams. The up side is guys like mattheos,kaspick, Shmyr, claque and patrick are getting great experience for the next three years in this league Based on what I saw in Bdn, the refs are doing a crappy job at keeping the cheap shots under control from both teams, too bad guys are being injured at this rate Goalies, everyone is raving about wapple, but papirny has a better save percentage this series and is now the #1 ranked goalie in the playoffs, wapple has been good in the series, saves 146 of 161 for a .907 average, but papirny has saved 114 of 122 for a .934 avg.. Nice to see rod pedersen wrong for once!
Chopper is correct, whoever wins this series is dog meat for the next one with all the injuries. The next three years is going to be a fantastic rivalry between two heavyweight teams, finally the east division rises!!
I worked out the ages of the teams last night, might have made an odd mistake, but if you say each month is worth .08 of a year, a guy 18 years and 10 months would be 18.8
The Pats averaged 18.67. the WK's 18.64. Quite different results if you just put in their year of birth, then the Pats are 17.75 and WK's 17.8. Either way, all the talk about the pats being way younger is not true anymore with all the WK's who are out...

chopper
04-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Unfortunately for the Pats the outcome of the upcoming game, and for that matter the series will end up likely being decided by a depleted lineup. That in no way is indicative of how good they can be. Brandon can argue they are in the same situation to some degree. The next argument could be made that a couple of players Proporov and Duke shouldn't be in the series at this point either. They however will be available to Brandon.

Going into this series I figured Brandon would win in 6 games because they simply are deeper and older when they have their full lineup. It's turned into nothing but a cheap shot festival. It's not the way I envisioned this series being played. I firmly hold that the officiating crews let down the fans from both teams. Cheap stuff not properly called. Overreacting in other areas. Make up call etc. We deserve better.

Clearly with the injuries starting with Steel and adding the new ones along with the suspensions, Calgary would have ate us for lunch (Calgary will win), if we would have won. Unfortunately the WK's will get that hand to play. It will be a daunting task.

Unfortunately this series will go down for something other than hockey. There will remain a lot of bad blood on both sides. Talking to some notable hockey guys I know there is a deep disdain for some officials and the league itself for not ensuring better. The contempt is palpable. There was under reaction in some case and over reaction in others. That's also too bad.

There is a saying that goes "we don't always get what we deserve, and we don't always deserve what we get". I'm sure the Pats are feeling that right now. They dealt players away for the future, and that future is not now. They will gain much from a tough series. Paddock wants to win a Memorial Cup here. I wouldn't bet against him but it's a year or two away.

GoldenBoy
04-17-2015, 08:02 AM
Come on you guys, its like the world is ending in Regina. Like it was said early by another poster, you have not seen terrible reffing until you play Edmonton or Calgary. Duke should have gotten a penalty for his high stick, but a suspension. Come on man!!! And provorov for a 5 and a game. Wow you guys obviously don't know anything about hockey. That is utterly ridiculous if you think that is suspend-able. Luber said it best "From what I understand, the entire Western Hockey League, Santa Claus, the Federal Government, U.S. President Obama, the Tooth Fairy, Pope Francis, the Easter Bunny and the Queen are all part of a large conspiracy to keep the Pats from ever beating the Wheat Kings in a playoff series."

Give it a rest. The reffing hasn't screwed you over.

Bighat
04-17-2015, 10:54 AM
Okay what about this subban takes a baseball swing breaks the arm of stone and no suspension. Hobbs gets 3 games for a hip check, which ended up clipping do to pilon trying to avoid the hit. I'm not a sore looser I knew brandon was going to win the series but for one moment just look at the poporov hit again and with a serious face tell me that didn't deserve 5 and a suspension.

GoldenBoy
04-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Okay what about this subban takes a baseball swing breaks the arm of stone and no suspension. Hobbs gets 3 games for a hip check, which ended up clipping do to pilon trying to avoid the hit. I'm not a sore looser I knew brandon was going to win the series but for one moment just look at the poporov hit again and with a serious face tell me that didn't deserve 5 and a suspension.

:cool::cool::cool:*start rant* Im serious, if he had have run the numbers head first yes. But he didn't go head first, this play was a two minute boarding penalty. It could have been worse. But it wasn't it was a simple push from the back in the direction he is skating, I posted a screenshot. Which lead to him to going shoulder first. If you want a suspension on that. Then Christopher (screenshots attached) gets suspended for this. Looks zero time left on clock this is more blatant in the numbers and from behind than Provorovs hit. So get over yourself you guys. If you want to be a good team, find away to win. We have done it all year. Injury after injury all year. You want to be the best then beat the best. *end rant- Drop mic*

GoldenBoy
04-17-2015, 11:39 AM
:cool::cool::cool:*start rant* Im serious, if he had have run the numbers head first yes. But he didn't go head first, this play was a two minute boarding penalty. It could have been worse. But it wasn't it was a simple push from the back in the direction he is skating, I posted a screenshot. Which lead to him to going shoulder first. If you want a suspension on that. Then Christopher (screenshots attached) gets suspended for this. Looks zero time left on clock this is more blatant in the numbers and from behind than Provorovs hit. So get over yourself you guys. If you want to be a good team, find away to win. We have done it all year. Injury after injury all year. You want to be the best then beat the best. *end rant- Drop mic*

Sorry added bigger picture on the provorov hit

chopper
04-17-2015, 02:44 PM
It's distressing that someone like Goldenboy who has so little knowledge seems to have so much to say! Getting kicked off one site just to come onto this one and then try to hijack it, really? Guys like that shouldn't be allowed to come on and spew such garbage. Emoticons and jpegs are laughable attempts to make a half truth whole.

Those persons really should go to the Brandon site where they are supposed to and seek out the attention they so desperately craves. Just go to this site and click on East division and then click on Brandon. Just click the links, and it's easy for you find your audience. Be kind to yourself and go somewhere your wanted. That I can safely say, is not here!

GoldenBoy
04-17-2015, 02:51 PM
It's distressing that someone like Goldenboy who has so little knowledge seems to have so much to say! Getting kicked off one site just to come onto this one and then try to hijack it, really? Guys like that shouldn't be allowed to come on and spew such garbage. Emoticons and jpegs are laughable attempts to make a half truth whole.

Those persons really should go to the Brandon site where they are supposed to and seek out the attention they so desperately craves. Just go to this site and click on East division and then click on Brandon. Just click the links, and it's easy for you find your audience. Be kind to yourself and go somewhere your wanted. That I can safely say, is not here!

Its hilarious that you won't even comment on my post (regarding the hits), which makes me think that you have nothing to argue with except the fact that your team is down 3-1. I worked really hard to compile that information haha. I haven't been kicked out of anything, I use to be on this forum a few years ago then the other forms took over for us Brandon fans. Then I kept hearing over twitter how poor ol' Regina is getting shafted by the refs. My hockey knowledge is bardown far more superior than yours. Enjoy the last night kids, we will make sure to have a nice going away party for your princesses tonight. We will send them home in style... in tears

chopper
04-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Its hilarious that you won't even comment on my post (regarding the hits), which makes me think that you have nothing to argue with except the fact that your team is down 3-1. I worked really hard to compile that information haha. I haven't been kicked out of anything, I use to be on this forum a few years ago then the other forms took over for us Brandon fans. Then I kept hearing over twitter how poor ol' Regina is getting shafted by the refs. My hockey knowledge is bardown far more superior than yours. Enjoy the last night kids, we will make sure to have a nice going away party for your princesses tonight. We will send them home in style... in tears

You said in a recent post here that you were kicked off a board for saying something inappropriate about a player. Were you lying then or are you lying now??? Had to be one or the other. I find your claims of bar down hockey knowledge a little suspect as I'm sure you can understand. However I defer to your bar down knowledge, because you've said so. I have just a little so you will have to forgive me. It's not often I'm in the presence of greatness. I'm in awe.

I've already made my comments on the hits. I agree with Paddock when he said Duke and Provorov should have been gone. John has a bit of hockey IQ himself. Sorry but I choose his knowledge over yours. It's just an experience and integrity thing you understand.

Don't waste your time here. Go over to the Brandon link where you should be. I'm sure there are more like you just waiting to be shown the truth in hockey from a great hockey mind. They need you.

We on the other hand don't. Are you getting the message?

booboo
04-17-2015, 04:05 PM
If Paddock was as smart and walks on water like you like to think, do you honestly think someone so hockey wise would be in Vegina coaching Jr and riding a bus? Give your head a shake and see what falls out.:o

booboo
04-17-2015, 04:14 PM
Just read Rod's blog which I am about to delete. The guy was a Buffoon when he was the Pats PBP guy and he still is a Buffoon. I sure feel good that you guys in Vegina have to listen to this guy.:D

chopper
04-17-2015, 04:19 PM
Wow! another new low trying to impugn the character of a great coach. A guy in the AHL Hall Hockey of Fame, soon to be in the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame. John I'm sure is thankful that he has a great job in a great city with great franchise. And I'm sure he's thankful he doesn't have to wear his name on his shirt when he goes to work.

BooBoo, your another Richard Head that got tuned up on this link. Stay on the Brandon site. You are someone we can do with out…forever.

booboo
04-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Are you actually Rod Pederson?? Cool. Your English skills are superior. Go Wk! All kidding aside--- why is John Paddock aka Moses in the Dub and not at a higher level??

chopper
04-17-2015, 05:27 PM
Are you actually Rod Pederson?? Cool. Your English skills are superior. Go Wk! All kidding aside--- why is John Paddock aka Moses in the Dub and not at a higher level??

I think one would need to ask John himself. I've been told some things that are very positive however I can't confirm. If you look at Constantine, Noel, Sutter, Clouston, Hay, and I'm likely forgetting some; have all coached in the NHL and several others in the AHL where they also flew a lot. Some guys just come back because they enjoy mentoring young men. Some want to use it as a stepping stone while others just love Jr hockey.

In Paddock's case I have been told he has received some astronomical compensation. That is also a great motivator one would think.

chopper
04-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Not that it matters much, particularly for Hobbs,,,,,,,,,,,,,but Pilon is playing tonight for Brandon. YUP! and the games continue.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
04-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Come on man... Snapshots cannot properly diagnose whether a play is good or bad in this sport. Single pictures don't tell the same story a video does...and a split second never tells the story properly. Someone could omit a different, more damning picture or they could show something borderline but misleading or out of context. You need the whole video or nothing. The game moves so fast and there's are many things to consider. Perceivable intent, size difference, physics of the plays, where the puck is, the initiator of contact, and more.

To me, though, neither of these things in the series deserve suspensions. The league in their progressive pussification likes to throw suspensions around like candy. They dont understand or care that in the playoffs, a suspension should only be in the most dire situations.

But nbody got mcsorley'd or had got stomped on like what Chris Simon did. If sergei and hilsendager and hobbs get three games for their incidents, then clearly there has to be some merit in calling things unbalanced, since provorov or that whiner turncoat duke got zilch in contrast. With hobbs, They didn't determine intent, they didn't consider what pilon was doing...they just throw suspensions when there's an injury no matter how minor. And they had a game deciding 5 min pp on top of that.

One last thing. I know luber is paid to maintain his allegiance ans therefore will say these things...and as people have seen it is very fashionable to lynch those who indict officiating for changing the game...but refs do have a deciding affect. The Hobbs 5 min call by itself cost the pats that game...and the (3) suspension(s) potentially cripples the team for the next game and the series. Never mind the fact that many argue it was unjust.

......You know well enough that People have been saying these things about mccrimmon manipulating and the Wheaties suckering people for years now. And as many of you do, you just get brushed it off as sour grapes. I think eventually you have to contemplate that if almost everybody says the same thing and you receive this complaint decisedly more often, then not everybody is out to lunch...or at the very least it ceases to be an outlandish claim

chopper
04-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Come on man... Snapshots cannot properly diagnose whether a play is good or bad in this sport. Single pictures don't tell the same story a video does...and a split second never tells the story properly. Someone could omit a different, more damning picture or they could show something borderline but misleading or out of context. You need the whole video or nothing. The game moves so fast and there's are many things to consider. Perceivable intent, size difference, physics of the plays, where the puck is, the initiator of contact, and more.

To me, though, neither of these things in the series deserve suspensions. The league in their progressive pussification likes to throw suspensions around like candy. They dont understand or care that in the playoffs, a suspension should only be in the most dire situations.

But nbody got mcsorley'd or had got stomped on like what Chris Simon did. If sergei and hilsendager and hobbs get three games for their incidents, then clearly there has to be some merit in calling things unbalanced, since provorov or that whiner turncoat duke got zilch in contrast. With hobbs, They didn't determine intent, they didn't consider what pilon was doing...they just throw suspensions when there's an injury no matter how minor. And they had a game deciding 5 min pp on top of that.

One last thing. I know luber is paid to maintain his allegiance ans therefore will say these things...and as people have seen it is very fashionable to lynch those who indict officiating for changing the game...but refs do have a deciding affect. The Hobbs 5 min call by itself cost the pats that game...and the (3) suspension(s) potentially cripples the team for the next game and the series. Never mind the fact that many argue it was unjust.

......You know well enough that People have been saying these things about mccrimmon manipulating and the Wheaties suckering people for years now. And as many of you do, you just get brushed it off as sour grapes. I think eventually you have to contemplate that if almost everybody says the same thing and you receive this complaint decisedly more often, then not everybody is out to lunch...or at the very least it ceases to be an outlandish claim

Right on brother! A friggin breath of fresh air.

Patsies
04-17-2015, 07:23 PM
Right on brother! A friggin breath of fresh air.

Were the refs to blame for the shorthanded goal against the Pats too?

chopper
04-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Were the refs to blame for the shorthanded goal against the Pats too?

Geez I don't know I was watching an NHL game and having a late supper. Were they?

I'll check on that ok. Why are you posting here man. your on the wrong link. It's the Brandon Wheat Kings you want.

That comment sounds like something a petulant brat would publish. Which are you? Get back down in your basement, stay off the computer and don't post here until you've done 100 elsewhere like on the Brandon site.

Immature fool.

Patsies
04-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Geez I don't know I was watching an NHL game and having a late supper. Were they?

I'll check on that ok. Why are you posting here man. your on the wrong link. It's the Brandon Wheat Kings you want.

That comment sounds like something a petulant brat would publish. Which are you? Get back down in your basement, stay off the computer and don't post here until you've done 100 elsewhere like on the Brandon site.

Immature fool.

Lmao. Pretty sure i can post here. I would go back to the Brandon site but a Pats players parent who runs the site kicks people off who dare speak in a negative light of his boy. Lol. But you guys never talk negatively of opposing players here.

Patsies
04-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Good series Regina. If Brandon doesn't get their 3 guys back soon, next round will be very difficult. Should be a good battle next year with the Pats.

RWAH
04-17-2015, 09:28 PM
What could have been, but for suspensions. We were treated two great home games and will enjoy some great battles for 3 years to come. Good luck to you Wheaties. Pats played a gutty game and showed the effort that will be on display in the future.

chopper
04-17-2015, 10:32 PM
What could have been, but for suspensions. We were treated two great home games and will enjoy some great battles for 3 years to come. Good luck to you Wheaties. Pats played a gutty game and showed the effort that will be on display in the future.

When the trades were made at the deadline, a lot of fans didn't think the team would even be able to hold on to a playoff spot. The easily won their first round and then lost in five to the best team in the league. Two of those games went into overtime. The guts and grit they displayed was special. What a difference Hobbs would have made on the PP is something we'll never know. Yes, what could have been.

There will need to be a number of decisions made going forward. It will be interesting to speculate what will be done to move this fabulous group forward even further. Who knows maybe even join Red Deer next year. After this year anything is possible.

Holdenthepsycho
04-18-2015, 02:10 AM
Great season guys! I'm excited to get season tickets next season and have a greater opinion on the team from a day to day basis. Would you guys think Wapple to be a lock as a 20 year old next year for us? If we're going to be at the top of the mountain in 2 years from now(hypothetically) would it be worth trading him for a younger return and develop a goalie for 2017?

Trevor
04-18-2015, 09:41 AM
When the trades were made at the deadline, a lot of fans didn't think the team would even be able to hold on to a playoff spot. The easily won their first round and then lost in five to the best team in the league. Two of those games went into overtime. The guts and grit they displayed was special. What a difference Hobbs would have made on the PP is something we'll never know. Yes, what could have been.

There will need to be a number of decisions made going forward. It will be interesting to speculate what will be done to move this fabulous group forward even further. Who knows maybe even join Red Deer next year. After this year anything is possible.

As an outsider looking at the Pats, I would think Paddock is building the team to peak in 2 years time, no? Also that should be about the same time Brandon takes a step backwards I think.

Watching the Pats for this playoff series, I would think next year they should be a 90 point team. But the Wheat Kings will be just as good next year, if not better than this year. But 2016/17 will be the Pats time to shine.

chopper
04-18-2015, 11:15 AM
As an outsider looking at the Pats, I would think Paddock is building the team to peak in 2 years time, no? Also that should be about the same time Brandon takes a step backwards I think.

Watching the Pats for this playoff series, I would think next year they should be a 90 point team. But the Wheat Kings will be just as good next year, if not better than this year. But 2016/17 will be the Pats time to shine.

I think your correct about building for two seasons from now. I agree that 90 points should be very attainable considering they had 85 this season. Hockey however has a lot of twists and turns.

There won't be much room at any positions for next season. The Pats may be a victim of their own riches. For example if young Schoiler out of Winnipeg reports there will be some league ready prospects who would lose a spot. There will be some hard decisions to make.

This is where hockey makes some twists and turns. If the Pats have league ready prospects with no spots, they may need to trade them. If that were to occur they may acquire a couple of more high end seasoned players. If that were to happen 90 points could jump to 100.

Barring some moves, Wapple, Williams, Cooper are a fairly formidable group of overagers. Not much better anywhere. If they were finally lucky enough to get an impact import, the water could get even mirkier.

After many years or decades of building for the here and now, they finally have a blueprint in place. Paddock made some gut wrenching moves at the deadline to build with a distinct vision of the future. I think he will see it through. IMO the ship has been righted, now it's just an exercise in patience.

Brandon had a great season winning the entire league. I wish them luck going forward. I'm still a Klimchuk fan.:)

RWAH
04-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Chopper on the overage players next year. "food for thought " If we are building for 2 and 3 seasons from now (2016/17 and 2017/18) and we want to develop Hollett is it not a viable option to trade Wapple and go with Brown and Hollett on a 70/30 or 75/25 split. If we go with Wapple/Hollett next season then Hollett would be your starter in 2016/17 as a 17year old and we may have to trade for a older tender. Of course the Pats could have Hollett play midget and go with Wapple/Brown but that makes Brown the starter in the (2016/17 season). Just thoughts, and how the Pats get the best tender for the right season.
We need a new thread to work on next season roster or rooster

Round'the'Rink
04-20-2015, 12:04 AM
Any thoughts on the young 98's that were with the team at the end? Will Elmer, Pouteau & Krushen all be here next year? Is there much room for any of the other prospects in the system to make this team next year? Seems to be a few 99, 98's in the system equal to these 3 that could take their spot or are those 3 a for sure thing next year? Did Pouteau or Krushen play much the last game and how did they look? I see Elmer didn't dress. Are there any other 98 or 99's signed?

Fight Guy
04-20-2015, 06:20 AM
Not much to say about this last series. After the first round sweep, I was pretty well completely happy with this season. Anything more was bonus. The bonus... Some of the best hockey in many years, close hockey (this series was a couple OT saves away from being a 3-2 lead for the Wheat Kings OR the Pats going in to a game six last night), and the experience they gained is going to be very valuable in the future. The veterans stepped up way more than I could have imagined and they were a huge difference. They were pretty down when the 19's were traded and thrown into leadership roles. after some bumps, they took it on fully, and they showed it more than ever. Christoffer and D'Amico were out of control in the playoffs and Padakin did what was expected of him. He was the only one with decent experience, and he took over against the Broncos. We also saw Williams emerge as a top defensman. He earned every ounce of his All-Star recognition. Easily the captain next season. Another one that somehow seemed to step up even more than he already had all season was Brooks. He did some unreal things in these games that no one ever could have expected at the beginning of the season. A few people didn't have him making the team this season. I have no idea how Brooks' series clinching shorthanded goal in game 4 didn't make the plays of the first round. I would expect him to be a top 20 in this league when the Pats are going for it.

Otherwise, great season. Haven't been this excited about next season in a long time. There's actually something to look forward to. This team is going to be hungry as hell in the fall and now know how to step up their game and what it takes to play at a high level.

I have thoughts on next season already as well and will start that thread now...

chopper
04-20-2015, 08:30 AM
Chopper on the overage players next year. "food for thought " If we are building for 2 and 3 seasons from now (2016/17 and 2017/18) and we want to develop Hollett is it not a viable option to trade Wapple and go with Brown and Hollett on a 70/30 or 75/25 split. If we go with Wapple/Hollett next season then Hollett would be your starter in 2016/17 as a 17year old and we may have to trade for a older tender. Of course the Pats could have Hollett play midget and go with Wapple/Brown but that makes Brown the starter in the (2016/17 season). Just thoughts, and how the Pats get the best tender for the right season.
We need a new thread to work on next season roster or rooster

The scenarios you present all make sense. I am pretty sure that they have every intention of keeping Hollett next season, but who will be #1 is a question mark perhaps. Wapple is the obvious choice however it's his last year and that makes Hollett the #1 guy at 17 years of age. Not many goalies in the league lead a team to a championship at 17.

They could go with Brown and Hollett, but that's a pretty inexperienced tandem. They may try to latch onto a good 19 year old goalie (i.e. Sittler in Lethbridge) so they could have him for two seasons. That could allow the team to locate one more good positional player. Last season we all had McVeigh and Sinitsyn pencilled in as 20 year olds, but that changed as well. It will be interesting.

Fight Guy
04-20-2015, 09:14 AM
The scenario that has played out in my mind is that Wapple and Brown start the season. My guess is Paddock moves Wapple at some point during the season and it's at that point Hollett is called up to back up Brown. That way the following season you have a 19yo Brown, who I expect to be a pretty decent goalie from what we saw this season, and a 17yo Hollett who'll likely push Brown for the starting position. They could potentially be a really good tandem who push each other throughout the season. After that season though, it's Hollett. Chapman is having a good season, too. Maybe he blows peoples pants off at camp??

sbtatter
04-22-2015, 04:58 PM
What would it take for Regina to lure skinner out of lethbridge?

Bighat
04-22-2015, 05:41 PM
We don't need skinner were very deep in net. We will be in the market to trade a goalie or 2 next year.