PDA

View Full Version : New GM announced soon

Wildeyes
06-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Rumor had it that Jason Ripplinger will be named the new GM of the Raiders?

he was the head scout and director of player personal for the Giants

HockeyGuru
06-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Curtis Hunt!!!

Crofter
06-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Curtis Hunt!!!

Curtis Hunt was not put in a position to succeed by the Regina Pats, but he seemed mentally checked out in his days as coach. I hope he does better in Prince Albert for the sake of the league.

patsdude114
06-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Curtis Hunt was not put in a position to succeed by the Regina Pats, but he seemed mentally checked out in his days as coach. I hope he does better in Prince Albert for the sake of the league.

Did you even do your research before you typed that? He made the playoffs 3yrs in a row before he went to the NHL, which his record over those 3yrs was 120W-77L-19OTL... went to the 2nd round once.

When he came back from the NHL his first season he had players by the name of Eberle & Weal (you may of heard of them) who each had over 100pts plus other 1st round picks in Teubert and Ashton plus a player coming off a career year under Derkatch in Leffler (who had a terrible 20yr old season)... Hunt had no reason at all as to why that team missed the playoffs, that was Parker's last year as GM and he added players for Hunt could succeed and it failed.

He is definitely not a coach at this level anymore but he still knows the junior game and what needs to be done to recruit these players. Hunt will be a good GM for the Raiders I believe. Plus he used to play for the Raiders so im sure being an alumni will mean a lot to him to turn the franchise around and back to winning ways.

witness
06-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Players stopped playing for him for a variety of reasons

Dwight Schrute
06-07-2015, 11:22 AM
He was with clouston in Ottawa right ?

Wapitikev
06-07-2015, 12:22 PM
He was Hartsburg's assistant and was sent to coach Bighamton within a couple of days of Clouston being promoted from Binghamton to the Sens top job.

-Wapitikev

Crofter
06-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Did you even do your research before you typed that? He made the playoffs 3yrs in a row before he went to the NHL, which his record over those 3yrs was 120W-77L-19OTL... went to the 2nd round once.

When he came back from the NHL his first season he had players by the name of Eberle & Weal (you may of heard of them) who each had over 100pts plus other 1st round picks in Teubert and Ashton plus a player coming off a career year under Derkatch in Leffler (who had a terrible 20yr old season)... Hunt had no reason at all as to why that team missed the playoffs, that was Parker's last year as GM and he added players for Hunt could succeed and it failed.

He is definitely not a coach at this level anymore but he still knows the junior game and what needs to be done to recruit these players. Hunt will be a good GM for the Raiders I believe. Plus he used to play for the Raiders so im sure being an alumni will mean a lot to him to turn the franchise around and back to winning ways.

The high-end talent on the Pats was very good during Hunt's era, but I remember difficulty scoring anytime a guy named Jordan was not on the ice - something about the team was badly flawed. I suppose there is a case for blaming the coach - the depth guys generally did not do well under Hunt, and quite a few players never got any better. Or is it that the depth guys just weren't very good - that's not on Hunt.

patsdude114
06-09-2015, 07:17 PM
The high-end talent on the Pats was very good during Hunt's era, but I remember difficulty scoring anytime a guy named Jordan was not on the ice - something about the team was badly flawed. I suppose there is a case for blaming the coach - the depth guys generally did not do well under Hunt, and quite a few players never got any better. Or is it that the depth guys just weren't very good - that's not on Hunt.

A good coach makes every player better, a prime example is the coach the Pats have now... everyone plays everyone got better during the season. To say that's not the coach's fault (or how you worded t 'that's not on Hunt') sorry but that is fully on the coach for not making the depth players better.

Anyways I hope Hunt has success as the GM in PA

Raider Believer
06-09-2015, 10:54 PM
A good coach makes every player better, a prime example is the coach the Pats have now... everyone plays everyone got better during the season. To say that's not the coach's fault (or how you worded t 'that's not on Hunt') sorry but that is fully on the coach for not making the depth players better.

Anyways I hope Hunt has success as the GM in PA

Whether Hunt was a good coach or not is irrelevant. Being a good coach is not a requirement for being an effective General Mgr.
Hunt will be a welcome change for the entire organization.