PDA

View Full Version : Will Gilbert be playing in Vancouver again?

rinkrat
08-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Or will he catch on in Colombus?

langdak
08-01-2005, 11:39 PM
I sure hope he is back in Vancouver.

I hate seing young kids being rushed into the NHL before their body has developed enough to play with the "men" in the NHL.

and also cuz i am biased and wanna see him back in a giants uniform :D

Jovorock
08-02-2005, 11:31 AM
It would be pretty silly IMO the Blue Jackets rushing him this year. Look at Joe Thornton his first year as a 18 yr, he sucked. I don't think any 18 yr old is ready for the NHL, unless you are playing with Lemieux.

Beaner
08-02-2005, 11:41 AM
It would be pretty silly IMO the Blue Jackets rushing him this year. Look at Joe Thornton his first year as a 18 yr, he sucked. I don't think any 18 yr old is ready for the NHL, unless you are playing with Lemieux.

Have to agree. He may get a couple games in the pre-season etc to see where he is at and then sent back to the Giants.

I would imagine he makes the Bluejackets next year, thus really hurting Vancouver's chances at the Memorial cup. The ownership/fans in Columbus are pretty giddy with Brule, and I cant see them not bringing him up next year.

Columbus is sure starting to look good, after signing Foote, plus all the young talented forwards they have.

Beaner
08-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Listening to Trevor Linden last night on the radio, he said he wouldn't be surprised to see Brule make the team (CBJ) this year. In fact, I believe he said the chances were very good in his opinion.

But who really knows what CBJ plans are. They sure are making a lot of moves during the UFA feeding frenzy.

Jovorock
08-04-2005, 04:38 PM
If Brule was alot bigger like Thornton or Nash he might make the Jackets, but he is pretty small. I think it would be a mistake, Toigo is probly pretty worried?

Beaner
08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
If Brule was alot bigger like Thornton or Nash he might make the Jackets, but he is pretty small. I think it would be a mistake, Toigo is probly pretty worried?

I'm sure Toigo is - but what can you do about it? Brule is Blue Jackets property, and he wants to get to the big show. Can't blame any player for going up to the NHL to play if he gets the call.

CBJ also wants to put bums in seats and if Brule is going to put more people in the stands, you may just see them do it.

Crosby rules
08-21-2005, 09:29 AM
I would like to see him for 1 more year in Van. Cause my cousin will be playing there to.