PDA

View Full Version : NHL Hockey Pool

Beaner
08-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Is anyone interested in playing in a WHLfans.com NHL Hockey pool?

I have used officepools.com for setting up pools before, the service is excellent, they update eveyrthing on a nightly basis and the cost (20$ CDN) is amazingly cheap for what you get.

You can basically setup your own scoring sytem team limits, teams based on salary everything. I always assign points for penalty minutes as well, for all you fight fans out there. :) :clap:

If there is enough interest, I will be more than happy to set one up and take care of the bill. I'm thinking 20 people would be enough for me to set it up.

I am going to check with the admin if its "possible" for them to setup a WHL pool under the same system. Probably doubtful, but no harm in asking.

If you'd like to check out the system, the address is www.officepools.com

Flathead
08-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd be in Beaner.

Triton
08-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Me too,I'm in.

Beaner
08-03-2005, 12:26 PM
I checked with him about a WHL pool. Not worth it for them financially, which is no surprise.

caps05
08-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Is anyone interested in playing in a WHLfans.com NHL Hockey pool?

I have used officepools.com for setting up pools before, the service is excellent, they update eveyrthing on a nightly basis and the cost (20$ CDN) is amazingly cheap for what you get.

You can basically setup your own scoring sytem team limits, teams based on salary everything. I always assign points for penalty minutes as well, for all you fight fans out there. :) :clap:

If there is enough interest, I will be more than happy to set one up and take care of the bill. I'm thinking 20 people would be enough for me to set it up.

I am going to check with the admin if its "possible" for them to setup a WHL pool under the same system. Probably doubtful, but no harm in asking.

If you'd like to check out the system, the address is www.officepools.com

I'd be in too.

WHEATMAN
08-06-2005, 10:38 AM
i give it a go

peatfan
08-08-2005, 01:13 AM
This sounds like a great idea. Can't wait till the season begins(both NHL and WHL.) :bounce:

Sabes
08-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I would be down for that

IceMan
08-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Highlander IN

amisk
08-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Lets get it on!!

LifelongChiefsFan
09-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm in too

Beaner
09-14-2005, 05:50 PM
I can start setting it all up tomorrow - If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this work considering we are scattered all over North America feel free to either drop me a PM or post thoughts here.

Scoring I am going to work on thru the internal system to see what works out well, I will probably work of a system that I have done in the past as soon as I can find it.

The big question right now is how to pick teams?

1) Do a draft - but co-ordianting everyone to get together online over the Internet could be a major pain.

2) work off a system where you have to draft a full roster of players but stay under a salary cap. Im thinking this may work easier. Only 1 goalie per team.

Triton
09-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Whatever works for you.Just know that I'am in so whatever you decide will be perfect.

Beaner
09-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Ok, I have got the prelim setup running.

www.officepools.com

pool ID: whlfans
password: beaner

If you would like to join etc and your name is not on the list then send me an email thru the officepools.com website. We can communicate thru the site there so if you have questions etc either make a post on it or send me an email.

westbeach55
09-16-2005, 05:14 PM
can you add me to the pool as westbeach55 send me a msg on here if you need anything else

peatfan
09-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Thanks and please enter me as Peatfan. Let me know here what else you want and how do we draft the players. I'm all up for this year. Again thanks for your effort. Much appreciated. :bounce:

Beaner
09-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Peatfan and Westbeach, I have added you in. Welcome Aboard.

Ok few things -

2) Set your pop-up blocker to allow popups from this site - There is no spam/ adds. It is all stuff integral to the site.

3) If you click on anything blue, new things pop up.

4) The site comes with its own "message board". Click on "talk", then select "private" pick your own username and password and you will be whisked away to our own little message board for friendly words of encouragment during the year. ;) Please log into the message board and say hi in the Hi thread to let me know who have decided to join. You can also post any messages you want there if you have questions or problems.

5) You can also print your own reports based on the scoring system for the pool. Click reports, then picklist 03/04. Then in the new window select on left scroll down box fwd,def then click the small blue word "here" on the right. A scoring total based on the last NHL year will then be generated. Obviously players like Crosby have zero points.

6) If you want to email me, then click the email admin. Thats me.

7) I put a sample team up under my name so you can see the layout play around etc.

8) Click scoring to see how the players earn points.

9) Each team will have a roster of 9 forwards, 4 Defence, 1 Goaltender.

-----------------------------------------------

As to draft or not to draft - I am still at this time undecided if we can get everyone together for a draft. I prefer a draft myself, but if we cant all get together to do it, then I will go with system #2. Which will be letting everyone pick whomever they want, but they have to operate under a cap of 27M - I have outlined all this on the office pools message board.

If we can all co-ordinate a draft date time then we will go with a draft just like the NHL draft. the info is up on the site.

I would really, really, rather do a draft. Regardless of draft or just a pick with salary cap the scoring system will remain the same.

Fight Guy
09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Im in. I will email you there as well.

langdak
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
beaner i emailed you on your telus account

if you could set me up and get back to me that would be great

thanks

langdak
09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
hey beaner

any news on the hockey pool?

draft??

Beaner
09-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Hi.

I have only heard back from about 6 people who have confirmed they are still interested.

So, for those that are still interested Draft date will be Sunday October 2nd at 10am Pacific time.

Meet in the WHLfans.ca flashchat to do the draft.

Remember your team is to be composed of 9F, 4D, 1G.

If you have any questions concerns please email me.

The website with scoring info is at

www.officepools.com
pool id: whlfans
password: beaner

If you are no longer interested in participating then let me know as well please.

langdak
09-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks Beaner

how long do u figure it will take?

giants game that afternoon and i gotta come out from Langley

Beaner
09-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah, 1hr, maybe an 1.5 tops. Depends how prepared people are to make their picks.

Giants game is at 2:30, so we should have time to make the game :)

Forgot to add -

I will allow 5 trades per month. Trades have to be for players not already picked. No trades for the Month of April.

Trades go thru the day after I receive them. IE: you send me a trade on October 15th, the trade goes thru on October 16th.

Fight Guy
10-01-2005, 02:44 PM
As far as I know, I too am still in...unless i'm not up in time tommorow or forget...then obviously im out...lol.

As for trades, I'm asuming your are going to alow trades between the participants of the pool.

peatfan
10-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Sorry Beaner but I can't make the draft. I have other obligations and no access to a computer at that time. Maybe next year. Hope you guys have a great draft.

Beaner
10-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Draft is done.

If you still want in then just pick a team, not using any players already taken and email or PM them to me.

peatfan
10-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Unfortunatly couldn't make the draft but here is my team. If there is a duplicate please post and I'll amend it tonight.

G- Kiprusoff- Calg

D- Rafalski NJ
Hamrlik- Calg
Boyle- TB
Leetch- Bost

F- Spezza Ott,
G. Murray, Bergeron- Bost
Gaborik- Minn
Malone, Recchi, -Pitt
Jagr -NYR
Sundin- Tor
Amonte- Calg

Hope I don't lose too badly. THanks

langdak
10-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Unfortunatly couldn't make the draft but here is my team. If there is a duplicate please post and I'll amend it tonight.

G- Kiprusoff- Calg

D- Rafalski NJ
Hamrlik- Calg
Boyle- TB
Leetch- Bost

F- Spezza Ott,
G. Murray, Bergeron- Bost
Gaborik- Minn
Malone, Recchi, -Pitt
Jagr -NYR
Sundin- Tor
Amonte- Calg

Hope I don't lose too badly. THanks

Peatfan you need 2 more forwards

14 players total, 1G, 4D, 9F

Beaner
10-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Peatfan you are all good. Good luck.

Langdak, count his players again he has enough :wave:

langdak
10-04-2005, 01:19 PM
dont mind me, mornings are rough...lol

i didnt see that a few of the lines had 2 players on them

:spineyes:

Fight Guy
10-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Hmmm...he may have a decent teamt here yet.

LifelongChiefsFan
10-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey Beaner, sorry I didn't make it to the draft. Sunday was not a good day for me.

Is it too late to still pick a team now that the season started?

Fight Guy
04-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Well...the season appears to be almost over...and afater dominating the pool for the fist however many months...over the last month, Langdak has come back and put me in second. My injuries were just too great in the end.

Now here's the question though...have any of you three in the pool actaully been paying any attention to it? Just curious...lol.

Beaner
04-14-2006, 03:07 PM
To be honest nope.

I gave up on the NHL with the webcasting of WHL games.

Better hockey, and I enjoy it more than the NHL game.

langdak
04-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Well...the season appears to be almost over...and afater dominating the pool for the fist however many months...over the last month, Langdak has come back and put me in second. My injuries were just too great in the end.

Now here's the question though...have any of you three in the pool actaully been paying any attention to it? Just curious...lol.

I have been on and off, probably have checked it once or twice a week.

I didnt check it for about a month because you were so far ahead of me, then i decided one day to check it and i was in first place

Pretty stacked teams for all of us though, too bad others didnt want to participate as it would have been better to have more then 4 guys.

Maybe next year we can get some more guys and make it more interesting