PDA

View Full Version : Conners Traded

Stay-Puft
08-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Kennewick, WA – Tri-City Americans today have dealt 20-year-old forward Marc Connors to the Kamloops Blazers for future considerations.

The 5’10”, 175 pound forward from Okotoks, Alberta appeared in 271 games in four seasons with the Americans and tallied 22 goals, 59 points and had 361 penalty minutes. In 2004-05, Connors notched nine goals, 16 assists and 95 penalty minutes.

“With the abundance of overage players eligible to return to the hockey club this season we had to make this move,” said Americans vice president/general manager Bob Tory. “This allows Marc an opportunity to play in the WHL this season and we thank him for his contributions over the last four years and wish him all the best.”

This is too bad. Conners was one of the only forwards to show up night in and night out. Good luck in the 'loops.

Stay-Puft
08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
GIMAS LEAVES AMERICANS FOR BASEBALL

Kennewick, WA – Tri-City Americans today have learned that 17-year-old defenseman Shane Gimas has decided to retire from hockey to pursue a baseball scholarship from a university in the United States. Gimas turns 18 on August 24th.

The 6’1”, 208 pound blue liner from Weeks, Saskatchewan appeared in 56 games in his rookie season with the Americans and tallied four goals, 13 points and had 89 penalty minutes. Gimas led all Americans defensemen with a plus seven.

“We are sorry to lose Shane but we understand and respect his decision,” said Americans vice president/general manager Bob Tory. “This will give several of our young players an opportunity to play more and develop. The entire organization thanks Shawn for all his efforts and we wish him all the best in his pursuits in baseball.”

I heard he had one heck of a fastball, plus I believe he is left-handed which would be a benefit. I thought he developed quite well last year. Too bad, but with Beach coming in and Bentz here, plus no word on whether Stoner is coming back or not, there was not going to be enough ice time for everybody.