PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna/Kamloops thoughts

mccabe23
01-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Well, pretty good game but lacked alot of the physical play we are used to from these two clubs. Alas, the rivalry is officially DEAD. :( I saw Deschamps take the pre-game warmup but was scratched. Not quite sure why he took the warmup. Perhaps he was injured or not feeling well or perhaps it was a late coaching decision.

I'm so impressed with Chris Ray. That was a class example of a lunchbox shift. Huge hit then scores a goal a few seconds later.

Also liked the way Cumiskey played. Think he got 3 points last night.

I laughed when Colin Joe had a few words for Kassien and gave him a shot after the whistle. Kassien skated back towards him and the Linesan mildly threw Joe to the ice. Kassien laughed and I heard him say "even the zebra can knock you down".

Westblom played well. He made some nice stops through traffic. Little suprised Dubnyk didn't play but I guess he needed a rest. He plays Kelowna pretty hard most nights.

And YES......PIGS FLY!!!!! Way to go BLANAR!!!

Squig
01-23-2005, 05:25 PM
I thought the Rockets played pretty well but the game really was determined by a Kamloops team that didn't seem to want it much. No one really stood out on their team for me.

Westblooms numbers are pretty good but he is always playing the weeker teams and do the other backups in the league like Dakers and Irving.

Weber threw his best hit since coming back from the WJ. Richards took the brunt of it and look a little woozy on the way to the bench.

Yes and Blanar came up with a nice shot to get his first of the year. Way to go Micheal!!

kelownakarl
01-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Not a bad game, Kamloops did look uninspired though. I liked the play of Ray, always hustling. Joe just keeps getting better and better all the time. Westblom didnt see many quality shots but was there when needed. And great to see Blanar get his first. Sometime all a guy needs is icetime!

upper level fan
01-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Just a quick question for Kelowna fans. How is Liam Couture doing for you guys since comming over at the trade deadline?

mccabe23
01-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Liam Couture has played not too bad. He got into a scrap in his first game and has played pretty solid. Thought he had a bad game last night. Made a few mistakes but can't judge him yet. I like him.

Jovorock
01-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Just a quick question for Kelowna fans. How is Liam Couture doing for you guys since comming over at the trade deadline?
Liam is learning the Rocket defensive system and looks better every game. I think he will be kept as a 20 yr old next year. He has grit and some offensive upside.

Teaps
01-24-2005, 05:08 PM
The funniest part of the game was when Baby Cutter bumped into Glenn Olsen...HAHAHAHA Cutter gave up a good 200 pounds and a good 2 feet. HA...David Vs. Goliath!

mccabe23
01-24-2005, 05:47 PM
LOL!! Yeah, I saw that too when baby Cutter ran into Olsen! Give him another year or two and the mitts will come off flying! Probably not fair of me to compare him to his big brother but one can only dream. Ryan was truley one of a kind! he is missed in Kelowna. 5'10 to 6'7, I've seen Ryan take em all on and WIN!

kelownakarl
01-24-2005, 06:11 PM
The funniest part of the game was when Baby Cutter bumped into Glenn Olsen...HAHAHAHA Cutter gave up a good 200 pounds and a good 2 feet. HA...David Vs. Goliath!

I believe you mean Ben Olson from Kamloops?

Glenn Olson was a member of the Kootenay Ice last season.... I think.. :confused:

Teaps
01-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah i realised that after i posted...of course...Yes...Good ol' BENN Olsen