PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Fishing

gohawks
08-05-2005, 01:56 AM
I am heading up to Victoria for my honeymoon at the end of August. My lovely wife-to-be has, after weeks of testimony and deliberation, granted me one day of “free time”. While my first thought was to catch a prospect or main camp (see post under WHL General Discussion ), I can’t find any for that week. Soooo.. I’m goin’ fishing!

My question to all my fine (and might I add intelligent and good-looking) friends in the BC is: Do you know some good lakes where I have a good chance of hooking into a fish?

I’m looking for something within an hour of Victoria (want to stay on the island) that has monster trout or bass and boat rentals are a HUGE plus.

Ps: Bait/lure suggestions?

WHEATMAN
08-05-2005, 10:43 AM
me and my buddies went fly fishing in the fraser river, unbelievable, try that and use a leetch pattern

HAF
08-05-2005, 01:00 PM
If your in Victoria why dont you catch a Charter and do some Salmon or Ling Cod fishing. Also, the dungeness crab fishing ought to be getting pretty good again up there... I'm envious, I'd love to get up there and do some salt water fishing!!!

Beaner
08-05-2005, 01:12 PM
me and my buddies went fly fishing in the fraser river, unbelievable, try that and use a leetch pattern

The Fraser River is not on the Island.

I agree with HAF. Head on out to Sooke, get a charter and head out for some Salmon Fishing. About a 60mins drive from downtown the fishing is great.

Used to fish out there all the time as a kid.

Sput
08-05-2005, 02:56 PM
I agree. Go to Sooke, maybe Syndey, and grab a charter on the salt. Going charter you won't need to pack all your own tackle as most provide it, as well can generally get you fish. I'd say its the best bang for the buck.

WHEATMAN
08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
i thought you were talking about BC in general

gohawks
08-09-2005, 10:17 PM
cool, thanks for all the advise.

CHtoo
08-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Just got back. The weather is great , but then on a honeymoon who cares?

;)

Enjoy and yes the fishing out of Sooke is great.