PDA

View Full Version : Question!

Nook
01-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I was reading the "Ask Jack" section of the Blades website, and this part drew my attention:

(It's reguarding the retro jersey night they're having sometime later this season) "Our strategy to attract young people to our game has had some success as our crowd is much younger overall than it was five years ago. As I mentioned earlier though, jersey changes, retro jerseys, etc. are all very popular and we are currently considering a change."

Do you see an indentity change for the Blades in the near future? I myself would like to see the Pacman logo modernized along with a unique, non-nhl designed uniform. The Bulldozer/Zamboni/Whatever just doesn't say "Blades" to me.

Fight Guy
01-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Make home and aways of the current thirds. That would be sweet.

Billy Blade
01-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah it's kind of funny how a team that has been around as long as the Blades have are still struggling to find their true identity. :D So far the third jersey is the easy choice as my favourite of all Blades' logos.

While on the topic of identities, let's talk mascots. At least Helmut is a better one than that dreadful old Billy Blade they used to have running around back when SaskPlace first opened. That great big paper mache head and the big stupid heart on his jersey, kids just cried when he came near them.

Fight Guy
01-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah it's kind of funny how a team that has been around as long as the Blades have are still struggling to find their true identity. :D So far the third jersey is the easy choice as my favourite of all Blades' logos.

While on the topic of identities, let's talk mascots. At least Helmut is a better one than that dreadful old Billy Blade they used to have running around back when SaskPlace first opened. That great big paper mache head and the big stupid heart on his jersey, kids just cried when he came near them.
Heh...do you have any pictures of this mascot? I want to see...lol.

Billy Blade
01-24-2005, 05:27 PM
I think all evidence of his existance has been destroyed already. If you ask the Blades office about it, they will use a "memory flasher" on you similar to Tommy Lee Jones' in MIB. :D

wango tango
01-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Apparently the bulldozer bites the dust after this season, the Blades current third jersey will be their regular uni. I would love to see a new third using the old pacman logo. wt

Billy Blade
01-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Cool. A third with a modernized pac-man could be pretty sweet if it's done right. If the current third becomes the main jersey though, I wonder if they will re-work the colour scheme as well since there is no yellow in it.

IceMan
01-25-2005, 02:28 PM
3rd jersey being the one with the knife logo you use as an avatar, Jeff?

Is there a picture of the pacman thing somewhere ?

Billy Blade
01-25-2005, 06:22 PM
http://www.yeff.ca/images/oldlogo.jpg

Yes, my avatar is the current third jersey logo.

Fight Guy
01-25-2005, 07:09 PM
I say just scrap the yellow, and have the blue, white and navy colours...just white jersey. I like how the numbers on are the bottom corner of the jerseys.

shazam
01-25-2005, 08:54 PM
3rd jersey being the one with the knife logo you use as an avatar, Jeff?

It's not a knife, it's a skate - front view.

Nook
01-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I actually think that's the cool thing about the logo.

It kinda looks like a sword or a skate.. either way it's a blade.

However, I don't really think it would make a great main logo. Something new or modernize the pacman. Try to add an edge to it, similar to what the Arizona Cardinals did to their logo this week!

Fight Guy
01-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Hmmm...never noticed that it was actually a skate. I always thought it was a dagger type thinger. But it is definetly a skate.