PDA

View Full Version : Post From Jeremy Creurer

Tipped Off
08-05-2005, 07:53 PM
This post was on one of the Tips boards and sounds very authentic. Especially since one of the follow up posts is from his billet.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=285837&messageid=1123274656

Goodbye and Thank You from Jeremy Creurer
August 5 2005 at 1:44 PM
No score for this post Jeremy Creurer (Login jcreurer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Everett Silvertip Fans

For the past few months since returning home from Everett I have been eagerly waiting for my post concussion problems to pass which would allow me to return to the game. Unfortunately improvement in my health has been slow and I have been advised to step away from the game avoiding further injury. Leaving hockey is a very tough thing to do on its own but after I have seen what Everett brings to the table it makes it even tougher to call it quits. This last year has showed me that the organization is first class from top to bottom. From the front staff to the fans this Everett organization is the best. Everett has the best coaches and a great group of players who will bring a championship to the city within the next few years. It saddens me that I will not be apart of these great teams to come but I consider myself extremely lucky to have been a part of such a great organization. I never really knew what to expect coming to Everett but playing my first game in front of thousands of screaming fans was crazy. I was in Paradise and in love with Everett. Not only did you the fans support me when I was on the ice playing but the support continued off the ice when I was injured for most of the season. It's always very tough to sit out with injuries but the fans made it that much easier. Everett has the loudest and most supportive fans in the whole WHL and you deserve the recognition of the greatest fans in the WHL. I would like to take this chance to thank the whole organization, the booster club, and every fan who came out and supported the team during the year. This last year was so special to me and I will never forget it so once again thank you.

Sincerly,

Jeremy Creurer

Triton
08-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Thats just too bad that happened.That also happened to Landon Lillejord when he was with the Raiders.

Tipped Off
08-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Effects of concussion force Creurer to retire
Tips Forward says doctors advised him to hang up his skates

By Nick Patterson
Herald Writer

EVERETT - Jeremy Creurer has decided to hang up his skates.

Michael O'Leary / The Herald

Silvertips forward Jeremy Creurer (right) says a concussion he suffered in a game against Kamloops on Jan. 8 forced him to retire from the game.
The Everett Silvertips forward is giving up his competitive hockey career because of lingering effects from a concussion suffered last season.

"Basically I've just been monitoring it month-by-month and it hasn't been changing much," Creurer said Wednesday from Victoria, British Columbia, where he was visiting former teammate Taylor Ellington. "I've been in contact with the doctor for the Regina Pats - because he's closer to my home - and he said there's no real timeline for these things. Right now I'm not feeling too well and in the future each bump could make it worse. So I was advised to step away from the game."

Creurer suffered a concussion on Jan. 8 at home against Kamloops after taking an elbow to the head. He played against Kootenay three days later, but was unable to take the ice the remainder of the season.

It was originally thought Creurer would recover in time to return to the ice, but the post-concussion symptoms remained and he still feels them today.

"At the start I had pretty bad headaches," Creurer said. "Those have phased out, but there's still a feeling of built-up pressure in my head, and that's always sitting in the back of my mind. I'm kind of getting used to it, but hopefully it'll go away sooner rather than later."

Creurer, an 18-year-old from St. Brieux, Saskatchewan, played 20 games for Everett last season as a Western Hockey League rookie, scoring one goal and compiling 27 penalty minutes. He was also named Everett's Scholastic Player of the Year for 2004-05.

Creurer originally announced his decision online in a letter to the Silvertip fans, thanking them for their support.

"It was a great opportunity for myself to come to Everett and play at a high level of hockey," Creurer explained. "I felt that I was treated so well that everyone deserved a thank you letter. Everyone from the organization to the fans have been so great that I just wanted to say thank you."

With hockey now behind him, Creurer has enrolled at the University of Regina, where he plans on studying education and become a teacher. He also said he might get into hockey coaching somewhere down the line.

Tipped Off
08-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Silvertips forward Jeremy Creurer faced the toughest decision in his life recently. Jeremy decided it was time to hang up the skates due to symptoms suffered by a serious concussion during last season. The St. Brieux, Saskatchewan native played one season in the WHL with the Everett Silvertips but it is a season he will cherish forever. Silvertips play-by-play man Keith Gerhart had a chance to chat with Jeremy Creurer in the next Silvertips Player Profile.

KG: What are your fondest memories from last season?

JC: There have been quite a few memories but my first goal I scored and the first game I played in was very important to me. The comeback against Seattle after Christmas when we had a depleted line up was an amazing night.

KG: What will you miss the most?

JC: I think just being part of the team with a great bunch of guys. I will miss them a lot. I made special friendships in Everett and when I won't have that this year, it will be tough.

KG: How tough was the decision to leave hockey?

JC: It definitely was not an easy one but you have to look at the rest of your life. You cannot just look at hockey and if it was going to harm something else, you kind of just have to walk away.

KG: Last season you were the recipient of the Everett Silvertips Scholastic Player of the Year Award. How important has education been in your life?

JC: Education has been very important. In case you suffer a career ending injury, you need something to fall back on. I have been very fortunate to succeed in school and education will help me in the long run.

KG: Concussion injuries have ended quite of few hockey careers in the last few years. What is the best advice to hockey players that have suffered a concussion?

JC: You have to take care and listen to what everybody says. Maybe even take that extra couple of weeks off and don't rush yourself back. Concussions happen in hockey and sometimes you cannot do much about it.

KG: What are you plans for the future?

JC: I am going to be attending the University of Regina and hope to get a degree in education and become a teacher.

KG: You were never drafted in the WHL Bantam Draft and you made the Silvertips hockey club out of training camp. What advice do you have to the non-drafted players heading into training camps around the WHL?

JC: You have to go out there and do your best. Play a physical game and chip in wherever you can and when you work hard every shift you will get noticed.

The Everett Silvertips organization would like to wish Jeremy the best of luck in his future endeavors and thank you for your hard work and commitment with the Silvertips hockey club.

Wildeyes
08-15-2005, 07:51 PM
JC what a kid i lines his games here in PA when he was with the MINTOS, class act that kid to bad for him he was such a good player

Talk to him quite a bit this past weekend his bros. play slo-pitch with me in PA Always wearing his Silvertips hat i dont think he ever took it off