WHEATMAN
08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
bertuzzi just got reinstated for the start of the 2005-06 season

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I was just going to post this news.

Jovorock
08-08-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't like what Bert did, but nothing would of happened if Moore had Maned up and face someone. The Avs think so much of Moore that they signed the guy who put the original bounty on his head. This suspension went on longer than it should of thinks to Bettman.

WHEATMAN
08-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Moore should have just fought, and there would have been nothing but a few bruises and 5 minutes in the box

Stay-Puft
08-08-2005, 04:40 PM
If I remember right, Bertuzzi jumped Moore from behind. How could he have fought? The only warning was the punch to the head from behind, then face first into the ice. Bertuzzi lost the ability to play in Europe during the lock-out, plus the 20 games from the season before (13 regular, 7 playoff). Even though the Avs didn't sign Moore, he lost the ability to play the game for a living.

langdak
08-08-2005, 06:13 PM
The person i think should have got the biggest penalty of all is Tony Granato.

Granato is really one to talk about Bert's actions based on how crafty he was with his stick during his career.

Also a guy like Tochhet lipping off about Bert's actions...........another good one to talk.

All in all the reason why i beleive Granato should be the biggest one to blame in all of this is for the following reason.....................what was Steve Moore doing on the ice in an 8-2 hockey game when Granato knew full well something was going to happen based on the fact it was the final game of the season between the Nucks and Avs and retiation hadnt taken place (keep in mind i DO NOT condone what Bert did in any way, shape or form)

Just my opinion anyways........Bert is back and i know that i am happy to hear the news

scamperdog
08-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Well said, welcome back Todd :clap:

Beaner
08-08-2005, 08:15 PM
The biggest problem with all of this is that the league should have had this delt with over a year ago.

Flathead
08-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh, happy day :thumb: . What I don't like about the whole situation is what was said earlier, Moore was being called on all night by Bert but wouldn't man up to him for his actions on Naslund, that's all that had to be done. What Bert did was cheap and wrong and everyone knows that, Moore's actions towards Naslund were cheap and Granato having Moore on the ice was just feeding feul to the fire.
Is Moore still trying to sue everyone imaginable? I can see a nice little settlment, for a below average player with mabye a 5 year career but what he's going after is ludacrious.

Beaner
08-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Yes he is still suing the Nucks, Bert, May, Crawford and Burke.

Jovorock
08-09-2005, 06:32 AM
If I remember right, Bertuzzi jumped Moore from behind. How could he have fought? The only warning was the punch to the head from behind, then face first into the ice. Bertuzzi lost the ability to play in Europe during the lock-out, plus the 20 games from the season before (13 regular, 7 playoff). Even though the Avs didn't sign Moore, he lost the ability to play the game for a living.
When Claude Lemieux hit Draper, Claude took on McCarty to Man up for his mistake, Moore wouldn't take on Bertuzzi, May or anyone. Moore jumped Matt Cooke and thought that was equalling the score.

How the hell did Moore not know Bertuzzi was behind him, Bert was water skiing behind him for 20 seconds? Moore better sue Bertuzzi because that will be the last income from the NHL.

Stay-Puft
08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
When Claude Lemieux hit Draper, Claude took on McCarty to Man up for his mistake, Moore wouldn't take on Bertuzzi, May or anyone. Moore jumped Matt Cooke and thought that was equalling the score.

How the hell did Moore not know Bertuzzi was behind him, Bert was water skiing behind him for 20 seconds? Moore better sue Bertuzzi because that will be the last income from the NHL.

So you're saying that Bertuzzi couldn't get face-to-face with Moore for the 20 seconds he was water skiing behing him at that time or at any point during the game? I don't buy that. Granted, I didn't see Moore jump Cooke. I don't watch Canucks games live since I live in the US, nor do I watch the Canucks very often anyway, unless they are playing Columbus. Did Moore just throw a couple of punches(sucker punches) and skate off, or did he have a toe-to-toe throwdown with Cooke? The only thing that I have seen in this area is the 2 seconds before Bertuzzi's right hook connects.

Having said that, I don't like the fact the Moore is sueing for anything. As a professional athlete, especially a hockey player, there are risks that go with the territory. NFL players are always insuring themselves in case of a career-ending injury. I would think that if you are an agitator, you cover yourself one way or another because nothing is guaranteed.

But I still don't like the fact the league let Bertuzzi back in since no one played in the NHL last year. I like Bertuzzi's style of play, I just think he crossed the line and really only spent 20 NHL games out.

WHEATMAN
08-09-2005, 12:56 PM
steve moore is a little rat, the guy just wants more and more, and is trying to take bert's career away

Jovorock
08-09-2005, 03:02 PM
So you're saying that Bertuzzi couldn't get face-to-face with Moore for the 20 seconds he was water skiing behing him at that time or at any point during the game? Did Moore just throw a couple of punches(sucker punches) and skate off, or did he have a toe-to-toe throwdown with Cooke?
I don't know why Bert didn't try harder to get in his face, I'll grant you that. The punch wasn't that hard, totally unlucky Moore on the temple, but it Bert's fault.

Moore's fight with Cooke was a love afair, Moore probly got the better of him 3-1 punches. I thought Cooke would of been tougher being a fisty hockey player, but Matt was prettty crappy fighter.

rinkrat
08-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Seems to me that Moore ran another star player into the boards from behind just days before the Naslund incident.Maybe Tampa Bay??

BTW,not that I condone it but remember the brawls and shenanigans that went on in the 70's? Jovo,remember the Merritt Centenials going into the stands swinging sticks?
Makes me sick to hear these media people bashing Bertuzzi over and over.Lets talk about the bean-brawls in baseball and the basketball incident in Detroit(or was it Indianapolis?)
Friggin Hypocrites.

Sput
08-09-2005, 06:47 PM
One thing that has always bugged me about the "replay" that the media loves so much......back it up another 30-45 seconds and you see inocent Mr Moore spearing one of the Sedin sisters, and giving him a good leather face wash. Bert was the twins linemate that shift, so once again, more fuel to the fire. Moore had to know who was behind him tugging on his jersey, that's why he wouldn't turn around and face to face Bert. Granato had no business having Moore on the ice at that point. He had to know it would boil over eventually. I say Tony is just as much to blame as anyone for the whole thing. Oddly enough, the Avs think enough about Moore that he is an unsigned freee agent, and they went out and signed one of the most vocal guys against Moore. Hmmmm......

Flathead
08-09-2005, 11:21 PM
But I still don't like the fact the league let Bertuzzi back in since no one played in the NHL last year. I like Bertuzzi's style of play, I just think he crossed the line and really only spent 20 NHL games out.

20 NhL games out and they say that each playoff games is like three regular season games. He's lost over 800000 dollars in wages and endorsments. Could have played this year in Europe and made money, but was banned to play anywhere in the world. Missed playing for Canada in the World Hockey Championship. And the guy honestly feels horrible for what happened. Please tell me how this is only 20 NHL games out?

Jovorock
08-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Jovo,remember the Merritt Centenials going into the stands swinging sticks?

Hell ya, I even remember early 80's when the Kelowna Wings were here and Craig Berube with the Bruins swung his stick from the penalty at the idiot beside me. I should of picked my friends better back then?

Stay-Puft
08-10-2005, 12:18 PM
20 NhL games out and they say that each playoff games is like three regular season games. He's lost over 800000 dollars in wages and endorsments. Missed playing for Canada in the World Hockey Championship. And the guy honestly feels horrible for what happened. Please tell me how this is only 20 NHL games out?
Hey, I'm not saying the guy doesn't feel horrible. I'm sure he does. Like I said earlier, the result of the incident was a freak accident. I don't belive that makes the action right. Where does the $800,000 come from? Is that the 13 regular season games total? What endorsement deals did he have, Vancouver area only? Where I get the 20 NHL games is the 13 regular season and 7 playoffs. It's my understanding, and please correct me if I am mistaken, that the european leagues could have let him play since they have no agreement with the NHL, but decided not to. Not saying it was right or wrong, just that was their decision. Same goes for WHC. I guess they respected the NHL's decision on the incident and voluntarily kept the same policy. Honestly, I think he should have been able to play in Europe and the WHC because the incident happened in the NHL, not those leagues. I thought the court thing was stupid as well, for an on-ice incident. Sticks/basketballers in the stands in a different story.

I understand that Bertuzzi didn't have any control over the lock-out taking place when it did. However, since the players didn't get paid by the NHL since there was no season, and the season never counted/happened, shouldn't the susupension time stop and start with the beginning/end of the lock-out? Hypothetically, turn the tables (unlikely I know, but please play along). Wouldn't you be a little outraged in the reverse situation?

The_Vulk
08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Guess every player on the opposing teams must beware, or they will get Bertuzzied!

20 games for ending a career violently?

What a JOKE!

So poor Bert lost $800,000.00. What all has Moore lost, and will continue to lose?

Hope Moore successfully sues that BUMS ASS OFF!

And hell no to the idea a suspended player can play elsewhere during their time of punishment.

What is that? Suspended without pay for ten games! Why then go play in Europe for ten games. No money lost to the player.

I am glad that Hockey Canada and the IIHF recognized the suspension.

rinkrat
08-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Moore will make more money by never playing again,than he would if he were able to continue.He was a fringe 4th liner who belonged in the AHL.
The European Leagues and the IIHF honour NHL suspensions and vice versa.