PDA

View Full Version : Interesting look at the +/-........

90-91
01-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Granted some guys don't line up against the top lines every night and don't log the ice time of others, but some of these rookies have a much better +/- than I expected. I am looking at this list as a positive for the rookies not a negative for the vets. because of the reasons listed above.

*Rookie
^New vet. to the team (combined #s from previous team)

#1 Kyle Howarth..............8^
#2 Chris Bruton...............7*
#3 Sean Zimmerman.........4
#3 Seth Compton............4*
#3 J.P. Szaszkiewicz........4*
#3 Matt McCue...............4*
#6 Gustav Engman...........3
#7 Chad Klassen..............2
#8 Jason Lynch...............1
#9 Joe Logan..................0^
#10 Gary Gladue.............-1
#10 Derek Ryan..............-1*
#10 Mike Reich...............-1*
#11 Adam Hobson...........-2
#11 Myles Stoesz...........-2
#12 Micheal Grabner.......-4*
#13 Ned Lukacevic..........-6
#13 Jeff Lynch...............-6
#13 Danny LaPointe........-6^
#15 Jevon Desautels.......-7
#16 Dan Mercer.............-13^ (Mercer did come from a pretty bad defensive team in MJ)

upper level fan
01-23-2005, 09:16 PM
I agree the team actually looks alot better on paper than I expected. And it obvious they arent giving up that many goals. If they can just keep up the good work and they get a few bounces going there way they will win more than they lose. But I looked at the +/- the other day and it actually supprised me I thought it would be alot worse than it is. So I guess that is another upside for this young team. and one small correction on your post Howarth is a rookie in the league this year not a vet.

90-91
01-23-2005, 09:36 PM
I agree the team actually looks alot better on paper than I expected. And it obvious they arent giving up that many goals. If they can just keep up the good work and they get a few bounces going there way they will win more than they lose. But I looked at the +/- the other day and it actually supprised me I thought it would be alot worse than it is. So I guess that is another upside for this young team. and one small correction on your post Howarth is a rookie in the league this year not a vet.
OK.....You're right.......The Hockey database showed him with 12 gms. played in 03-04 for the Tigers.......but that must include playoff games after his Jr. A or Midget team finished playing that year........Thanks.