PDA

View Full Version : Whose looking good for the upcoming season in the WHL?

1WHLFan
08-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Who does everyone think is looking good for this up and coming season? Im going to go with Portland with all the returing players and nice additions they should have a great year. :p

fightstrap50
08-09-2005, 10:37 PM
that Kelowna will be good of course, Kamloops has a good base of young players, everet is the same with a young core. But all in all I have to be biased for the Ice. They have alot to work with being that they have so many players going into their 20 year old seasons, that they could quite possibly aquire some great talent in some trades as well as also having a great young core of quality players along with afew high profile rookies coming in. I hoping for the best and I see a good team emerging for this season. GO ICE GO!!! :thumb:

gohawks
08-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah .. Portland could be very good this year (no bias here ;) ), although there are still big questions in goal. On paper it looks like the US could be the division to beat as Seattle looks solid and Everett has SCARY young talent and that excitement-destroying play that has been so effective.

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-10-2005, 01:37 PM
In the East Divison I think PA will have a good team and the heated rivalry with Saskatoon this season. Regina will still have a very young team and hopefully they can make the Playoffs but that is along time away so we will cross that bridge when the playoffs roll around. I think Brandon will be a contender again as they are every year. Moose Jaw should have a better season. Saskatoon might suffer with four players possibily going to pro camps and I think goaltendending is our strong spot right now. Defence will not be one of our strong spot because our top guy Mike Green will probably not be in Saskatoon for his final season so the team will have to go after a defenceman to replace him and Quarterback our PP. If he does not leave Saskatoon to go play in the Washington Caps system then we will have an ok defence core, with some moves the defence core would get better.

Triton
08-10-2005, 02:29 PM
P.A will hover around .500 all year.They will finish 3rd at best.They are losing alot.