PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Hall Of Fame

Scout
08-10-2005, 09:50 AM
The Swift Current Bronco's will hold their third annual Hall of Fame tommorrow night. Two more players and one coach will join current hall of fame inductee's Terry Ruskowski, Bryan Trottier, Tiger Williams and Brent Leavins all Bronco's who played in the late 60's and early 70's.

Inducted will be former coach Stan Dunn. Alot of players say they owe their careers to Stan and say he taught them alot about not only hockey but also becoming men. Stan coached the Bronco's from 1970-1974.

Also to be inducted will be Joe Zanussi. Joe was the first ever Bronco captain and played for the Bronco's from 1967-1968. He went on to play in the old W.H.A. and N.H.L.

Ken Tarnow laced up for the Bronco's from 1968-1971 and went on to a minor pro career. All three are expected to be present for the induction ceremony.

Been told the induction will be very close to a sell out. Alot of former Bronco's return for the induction including players who have went on to pro careers.

Scout

Flathead
08-13-2005, 01:04 PM
If so how was it? I wasn't able to go but heard it was a sell out and a very good time. Hope to make it to next years.

Scout
08-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Heard it was great and very emotianel for the inductee's. I think it means alot to these players. Remember Tiger last year breaking down while giving his speach and Trottier and Kennedy came to his aid. This year it was Tarnow and Zannusi who choked up.
Alot of the former players after all was said and done, just sat around and chatted including Tiger. I do know Channel 10 taped the whole thing and will be showing it.

Scout