PDA

View Full Version : Any trades coming?

DQ#64
08-11-2005, 09:08 AM
What are your predictions for the line up this year? Do you think Lorne will pull any big trades? We need a skilled D-man for sure with Green destined to be gone. Just curious as to what other people think. :spineyes:

Toswammi
08-11-2005, 12:51 PM
but there are rumors in swift about you guys trading for David Schulz. Its just a rumor, but one in swift that seems to pop up every now and then.

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-14-2005, 05:14 PM
I do think that the team will need a defencemen that can quarterback the PP like Mike Green did, maybe some more firepower up front,but for now I think the main concern would be to get some defensive talent. I really hope that Lorne will pull some big trades and not trade away Setoguchi,Rabbit,Barnes, I do not think he will, and it will be interesting to see what Lorne does.

saskdevil
08-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I think that possibly giving up some talent to get some help on the backend may be in Lorne's vocabulary. He has his eye on the troublemakers in the dressing room and I think to bring some harmony there may be a few fan fav's leaving to other pastures. Unrelated to my previous statement Monette may be on his way out. I think that the fresh talent coming to this year's camp might push him out and he will be traded or sent to Weyburn again.

wango tango
08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
but there are rumors in swift about you guys trading for David Schulz. Its just a rumor, but one in swift that seems to pop up every now and then.

i've heard schulz, barker in m.h., gryba from saskatoon his rights are held by portland (i don't know what kind of impact he could have immediately).

i've also heard the blades are looking at anyone who can be an upgrade on knudsen, eisenkirch, and crowley. it'll improve the backend overall and won't mean giving up as much in trade.

Triton
08-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Count Barker out seeing as he signed today with the Blackhawks.

wango tango
08-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Count Barker out seeing as he signed today with the Blackhawks.

i wouldn't entirely count barker out, he's only 19 so it's the show or dub. although it is the blackhawks and the cupboard is pretty bare on d around there.

lot's of guys not going to be around early on for the blades so a lot of the youngsters are going to get a chance to show what they've got.

guys who are going to pro camps.... barnes - carolina, setoguchi - san jose, bahensky - new york, rabbit - boston, flatt - new york, haw - can't remember, khudobin - minnesota, green - washington.

mat01800
08-26-2005, 12:32 PM
i wouldn't entirely count barker out, he's only 19 so it's the show or dub. although it is the blackhawks and the cupboard is pretty bare on d around there.

lot's of guys not going to be around early on for the blades so a lot of the youngsters are going to get a chance to show what they've got.

guys who are going to pro camps.... barnes - carolina, setoguchi - san jose, bahensky - new york, rabbit - boston, flatt - new york, haw - can't remember, khudobin - minnesota, green - washington.

Haw - San Jose