PDA

View Full Version : Colin Stone will not return

langdak
08-15-2005, 06:36 PM
http://whl.ca/headlines/?id=3148

Colin Stone Will Not Return This Year
Created: Aug 15, 2005

The Swift Current Broncos have announced today that Colin Stone will not be returning to the team in the 2005/06 season. Stone, who suffered a concussion in the 2004 WHL Playoffs, sat out all of last year due to his injury. The team has been prepared for this and has known about the possibility of Colin not being able to return this season.

Upon re-evaluation, the 19 year old has been advised by doctors to take another year of absence from the game of hockey. While Stone will not be available to the Broncos this year, he will remain property of the Swift Current Broncos hockey club.

“It saddens me to see such a young guys career cut short. Colin is a character kid and a kid that any team can use,” comments Broncos GM/Head Coach Dean Chynoweth. Unfortunately, we will feel the loss of this in the upcoming season but we wish him the best. He will always be a part of the Bronco family.”

Flathead
08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Best of luck and good health Colin. You are still part of the Bronco family.

Tiger Trauma
08-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Sad to hear..Lets hope he comes back as a 20 yr old for swift...and is able to play hockey after junior

saskdevil
08-16-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm glad to see that the Broncos are taking medical advice seriously. The entire hockey community (NHL/Junior hockey and other leagues) need to address head injuries and the after affects more. My wife suffered a head injury on the job and there isn't enough trained professionals to seek treatment in Saskatchewan. She has been dealing with the effects now for 5 yrs. Colin if you read this take care, your health is more valuable than any career. :thumb:

Toswammi
08-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Sad to hear, i never thought that the concussion would have knocked him out of the league for at least two years and possibly for life. Take your time and dont rush this, any head injury needs to taken seriously and one needs to be more than 100% before returning to hockey. Lets hope that with time Colin will be back on the ice, if not in Swift than in Calgary with the University.