PDA

View Full Version : The Smell of Hockey

Scout
08-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Stepped into the rink today. First time in a long time. The Bronco office is hopping. The ice is going in and it had that cool chill about it. The Logo's are being put in the ice and the board signs are being added. You hear the drills running and the rink staff yelling as they try to finish in time. The new trainer has arrived and it looks like everyone has returned from holidays. You look in the souvenier booth and they are unpacking the new ones. The Bronco Hockey school starts soon. The players will slowly start to trickle back. The rookies are sitting at home thinking " only two weeks until training camp". The parents are booking holidays to come and watch and cheer their son on.

YAH, IT'S ALMOST TIME TO LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

Scout

Chipper
08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Funny, we can smell the same thing out in Cranbrook to. It just cant start soon enough for me.

LOYALTY
08-16-2005, 04:35 PM
for fans and players that is for sure, the anticipation of what our team will look like and who will be traded and just overall excitement to get back to the rink to watch some good hockey for the fans; and for the players the drive to be the best, from what I hear there is no secure spot on the team this year, the competition will be great and all players including the vets will have to prove themselves, it will be a very interesting camp :clap:

WHEATMAN
08-16-2005, 04:59 PM
its like that in brandon, cant wait!

Toswammi
08-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Camp opens next wednesday for the rookies i believe, but there is already some vets in swift current to work with the youth of the south west at the hockey school. For the first time in a long time i can t wait to go to an intersquad game. After living in MJ for a year and having no NHL, i am just going through some serious hockey withdrawls so lets get this on.