PDA

View Full Version : As reported in the Citizen

Sput
08-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Aug 16th, both european draft picks have been cleared to play in Canada and both should be here in PG Sunday or Monday. Hopefully these guys will both work out well here and give this team a boost it needs to keep going.

Chipper
08-16-2005, 04:25 PM
What are the expectations in PG this year. Do you think that you will have a contender, or hopefully at least make the playoffs. I hope for your sake that you can improve and keep the fans comming. I dont like to see fans worry about the future of there team.

Triton
08-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Who are your imports and what are their stats like?

Sput
08-16-2005, 09:19 PM
I'mnever sure what to expect out of this team. Honestly. On paper it has looked like we should have a great team in the past, and they fall flat. This year should be a decent year with lots of returning players, but with another new coach it will depend on how he comes into the team. Hopefully the disipline end of everything will work its way to the good, and with certain personalities out of the picture it, again, should turn around.

Here are stats on both imports: (as per pgcougars.com )

Fred Wikner (“Wick-Nurr”) of Molndal, Sweden .Wikner, a 6’1”, 187 lbs., 6th round selection of the Calgary Flames in 2004 (182nd overall), suited up in 28 games with his native Frolunda Jr. last season, tallying 8 goals, 11 assists, and 36 PIM.
Wikner, born January 1, 1986, represented Sweden at the U-18 IIHF Championships in 2004, registering 4 assists in 6 games.

18 year old left winger Alexandre Alexandrov (“Alex-Ann-Dray Alex-Ann-Drov”) of Neftekhimik, Russia.
The 6’0”, 185 lbs. Alexandrov skated in 56 games with his native Neftekhimik Youth and HC Senior team’s in 2004/05, recording 14 goals and 16 assists.

I will try to get more info off of another source on both players. Hopefully one or both will be able to play on the top two lines, and give some much needed depth to the team.