PDA

View Full Version : Ty Morris Info Needed

StingrayFan
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL) Sign Rookie Ty Morris (http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3210525)

What can we expects to see from Ty Morris here in Charleston, S.C.?

Rebrevs
08-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Ty is an average skater but makes up for it by seeing the ice incredibly well. THAT is what Ty does best. He makes extraordinary plays. Players who play with him really benefit from his presence on the ice. He also has a good touch around the net. He had pretty good work ethic in Red Deer(responded well to Sutter as his coach) and reaped the benefits of his hard work(goals/assists). He came with less than a stellar reputation but as mentioned seemed to put that behind him in Red Deer. You will enjoy watching his play making ability. He certainly turned heads here.

langdak
08-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Ty is an average skater but makes up for it by seeing the ice incredibly well. THAT is what Ty does best. He makes extraordinary plays. Players who play with him really benefit from his presence on the ice. He also has a good touch around the net. He had pretty good work ethic in Red Deer(responded well to Sutter as his coach) and reaped the benefits of his hard work(goals/assists). He came with less than a stellar reputation but as mentioned seemed to put that behind him in Red Deer. You will enjoy watching his play making ability. He certainly turned heads here.

I couldnt agree more

He had his ups and downs in Vancouver, just like anybody does

When he is on his game, he is tough to stop, can be an absolutely amazing player

I am still in shock that Vancouver got rid of him last year, but he got caught up in a numbers game and he didnt suit Vancouvers need last year

I might be a tad biast though, Ty Morris is still my fav Vancouver Giant even though he has moved on from the WHL..........i wish him all the luck in the world, i was hoping he would catch on somewhere

Good luck Ty :thumb:

Tinner
08-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Everyone knows that rumors are just that, rumors. That said, a persistant one that keeps popping up is one dealing with his off ice deficencies. His on ice abilities, when the continued work ethic is there, will earn him a spot, but he is quite a handful with respect to off ice issues, which many coaches find hard to deal with.

If he decides he wants to play hockey, you will get a good solid hockey player. If he doesn't and just continues to approach things with an undisciplined attitude, he wont be there long, I suspect.

Courtney08-
08-22-2005, 05:50 PM
ty did great stuff for red deer
and if he is under a coach like sutter again he'll do great!!
he put us back on the map when were falling..
Best of Luck to him