PDA

View Full Version : Mercer

Courtney08-
08-22-2005, 06:24 PM
any thoughts on Mercer?
Whats his play like i havent seen him play since Red Deer.. I've been told he has improved alot? any word on him?

Jimmypop316
08-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Anyways, I think he fits nice and fine in with the Chiefs D. They're a pretty young group and we only lost Scott Lynch last year. He's going to be a big part of the D this year.

Courtney08-
08-23-2005, 01:07 PM
awesome thats great to hear!!!

WHEATMAN
09-01-2005, 04:19 PM
that was the phaneuf hit from 2 years ago is it not?

LifelongChiefsFan
09-10-2005, 12:10 AM
any thoughts on Mercer?
Whats his play like i havent seen him play since Red Deer.. I've been told he has improved alot? any word on him?

Haven't seen much of the Chiefs this preseason but he did improve alot down the stretch last year, he usually put himself in a good position and didn't get beat much (can't say that for the rest of the team, lol). Hopefully he shows more improvemnt this year, this team is going to need it, from all players.

rezstyle
09-24-2005, 02:40 AM
I was actually impressed with him. He wasn't an overly aggressive nor physical player, but he ended up being quite a solid player and always seemed to be in his right place. I'm looking forward to him being a solid player again this year

GFan101
10-23-2005, 07:04 PM
so what do u guys think of him this season?? i don't get to see him play much but i have heard the whole team aint that great :(

hows Mercer doin though??

Jimmypop316
10-23-2005, 10:41 PM
He's been so-so so far. Hasn't registered a point this year and probably isn't playing at full strength. He's been playing with a full face shield from an injury, I have no idea as to why but I think that is hampering is play big time.

GFan101
10-23-2005, 11:43 PM
i know he had a finger stepped on and had stitches but.....

oh FACE SHIELD RIGHHT he had his wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago....probably just to keep them protected for a while b/c ur teeth move around when they come out. They r probably protecting that...

LifelongChiefsFan
10-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Defensively Mercer, and all the Chiefs for that matter, have been fine this year. Their problem is they need scorers...BADLY!!!

Their powerplay is in disarray. Peters said on the radio today he was going to shake things up and rotate powerplay lines. Hopefully he finds a combination that clicks.

Jimmypop316
10-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Defensively Mercer, and all the Chiefs for that matter, have been fine this year. Their problem is they need scorers...BADLY!!!

Their powerplay is in disarray. Peters said on the radio today he was going to shake things up and rotate powerplay lines. Hopefully he finds a combination that clicks.

I'm wondering how long it will be before they start wheeling and dealing if their offence contines to be abysmal. Its so close to clicking on most nights but they just can't put that puck in the net, its driving me absolutely insane. Its no good for poor Jimmy who has been stellar so far.

Jimmypop316
11-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Was going to start a new thread.. but hes already got a thread named after him.. anyways. Anyone else get the feeling that hes the next guy to be out of spokane? He's been scratched 3 games in a row now over a 17 year-old and a 16 year old (who turns 16 this next week I think). He's underachieving like Howarth was and after the disappointing loss in Tri-Cities he's been scratched since.

LifelongChiefsFan
11-21-2005, 03:41 AM
I agree, I figured he might be the one to go after we got Falk and now especially since he isn't playing anymore.

Maybe they will trade him for a scorer like I've been asking for???

rezstyle
11-22-2005, 04:04 PM
It wouldn't surprise nor plague me too much. Mercer seems to be a somewhat solid player. He's not going to knock anyone down, but he always seemed to get in the way...but, that's not hockey anymore. You have to get in and win some of the battles on the boards, not simply be there.

I wish he would utilize his size a bit more and show a little more heart...not simply go through the motions.