PDA

View Full Version : Who is the toughest enforcer in the Dub?

Orv
01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Since I live in Lethbridge and see them the most and they don't have a specific enforcer I don't really get to see other teams enforcers do their thing. I was just wondering who is the best at doing their job and who the current Heavyweight Champion of the WHL is.

grumphy
01-24-2005, 02:25 PM
This should be an intresting thread-------can't wait

Beaner
01-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Kassian, no doubt about it.

Kassian
01-24-2005, 05:05 PM

Agreed.

Other notables are Triston Grant and Matej Trojovsky.

kelownakarl
01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I havent seen Kassian fight this year. Actually I recall him dummying Kelowna's Kevin Reinholt in exhibition. That was about 6 direct rights by Kassian and down went Reinholt.

I saw the Trojo-Grant scrap on Shaw and it was awesome. Reminded me of seeing Parker-Skrlac back in the day.

I would have to say it is between Trojo-Grant-Kassian for toughest.

mccabe23
01-24-2005, 06:12 PM
I would have to say Kassian. Haven't seen him fight but heard a lot about him and he even looks super-mean! Saw him and Sylvester fight briefly but it wasn't really anything.

Now I want to say this and will probably be laughed at but I have to mention Shea Weber. He doesn't fight much but when he does, he'll make you pay. I would have to think if Kassian really pissed off Shea and they dropped the gloves, Weber would be right in there and could possibly even win. Shea is one grumpy kid out there and I'd hate to piss him off.

But Weber is not an enforcer so Kassian gets my nod.

90-91
01-24-2005, 06:34 PM
the toughest guy that i have seen is seatles toughguy.fitzpatick?maybe? .but p.a has a 17 year old that took him the distance even thogh he didnt know he was a lefty..collins from p.a will be the toughest eventually
I'd say Kassian only by rep. though........I've never seen him fight, but according to most accounts he beat Trojo. (in a pretty one sided fight) the other night, and I thought he was the toughest up to that point.
Don't count out Matt McCue as toughest eventually.

allkiller
01-25-2005, 02:05 AM
Haven't heard much about him, info would be appreciated!

Kamfan
01-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Any way to make this thread a poll?

tazndevil
01-25-2005, 06:06 PM
The only opinion I have about Kassian was when he was in Calgary with Kamloops last time.

HE saw Tyler Harder beat up one of his team mates from the bench, so after the clean up he hops on the ice and waits for the puck to drop.

As SOON as the puck hits the ice, he drops his gloves and sucker punches Bret Carson twice (giving him his recent concusson), the punches Getzlaf twice, as Getzlaf is talking to the ref about Carson.

SOUND FAMILIAR RED DEER???????????

I don't know about a champion, but he's apparently a class act.

Taz

90-91
01-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Haven't heard much about him, info would be appreciated!
Rookie for the Chiefs.....out with a broken leg right now :mad: 6-4 210 pretty tough kid that can play the game....loves to fight. Just about one punched Benn Olson from the Ice a couple months back.....he'll be one to watch. :D

allkiller
01-25-2005, 08:24 PM
I heard Harder jumped the Kamloops Blazer. I also agree with the opinion that he was returning the favour to Red Deer and basically making a statement saying "I don't care who you are or what the score is I am not afraid to jump you."

Thanks for the info 90-91, no wonder I haven't heard that much about him if he's been out with a broken leg!

Knuckles Muldoon
01-25-2005, 09:11 PM

Yup!!!!!!!

Chipper
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Isthe toughest in the League

Triton
01-31-2005, 08:50 PM
BRN-Webb
CGY-?
EVT-Love
KAM-Kassian
KEL-Sylvester?
KOO-Glass(lol)
LET-?
MH -Maxwell
MJ -Kerr
POR-?
P.A-Byers or Collins
P.G-Trojovsky
R.D-?
REG-McGillivary
SAS-Flatt or Haw
SEA-Fitzgerald
SPO-Stoesz
S.C-The coach
T.C-Hewitt(maybe)
VAN-Grant

If I'am wrong on some please let me know or correct me i'am kind fuzzy on the team in the west.

Nodak
01-31-2005, 10:38 PM
BRN-Webb
CGY-?
EVT-Love
KAM-Kassian
KEL-Sylvester?
KOO-Glass(lol)
LET-?
MH -Maxwell
MJ -Kerr
POR-?
P.A-Byers or Collins
P.G-Trojovsky
R.D-?
REG-McGillivary
SAS-Flatt or Haw
SEA-Fitzgerald
SPO-Stoesz
S.C-The coach
T.C-Hewitt(maybe)
VAN-Grant

If I'am wrong on some please let me know or correct me i'am kind fuzzy on the team in the west.

Stoez may be the busiest for the Chiefs, but Desautels is the toughest. Otherwise your list looks pretty good to me.

Rebel66
02-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Had the pleasure of seeing Kassian in Red Deer recently. He had a fight with rookie, Tanner Gillies, who held his own, and some would say won the fight, but as certain people will tell you Kassian wasn't ready and was sucker punched or something to that effect. Old story! Anyway, Kassian by reputation would be the toughest enforcer in the dub. Whether that is the case or not is another story as we do not see the likes of Fitzgerald for example in Red Deer.

I like the vote for Jeff Glass. I'm going along with that one! :D

allkiller
02-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Jeff Glass BAR NONE. :D

Knuckle Chucker
02-01-2005, 06:30 PM
BRN-Webb
CGY-?
EVT-Love
KAM-Kassian
KEL-Sylvester?
KOO-Glass(lol)
LET-?
MH -Maxwell
MJ -Kerr
POR-?
P.A-Byers or Collins
P.G-Trojovsky
R.D-?
REG-McGillivary
SAS-Flatt or Haw
SEA-Fitzgerald
SPO-Stoesz
S.C-The coach
T.C-Hewitt(maybe)
VAN-Grant

For P.A. Gauthier is pound for pound the best fighter on the team. He fought more in his rookie year and now has a broken leg. Not many takers before his broken leg. The kid is mean and truely LOVES to fight. Collins is still learning and Byers plays rough but is 50/50 in his fights

BIG_CLAW
02-01-2005, 07:25 PM
my picks are :

#1 Kassian
#2 Grant
#3 Trojovsky

raiderfan10
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
garth collins

In the crowd
02-02-2005, 07:33 PM
The Ice have another tough guy other than Glass, Andy Bossence. It doesn't seem like he drops the mits too often, but when he does, its a treat.

kelownakarl
02-02-2005, 07:45 PM
The Ice have another tough guy other than Glass, Andy Bossence. It doesn't seem like he drops the mits too often, but when he does, its a treat.

Yes from the reports I have read after Bossence scraps it seems as though he rarely loses. However it also sounds like he is a good hockey player as well which is vital these days for tough guys.

Flathead
02-03-2005, 08:55 PM
my picks are :

#1 Kassian
#2 Grant
#3 Trojovsky

trojovsky and grant had a great tilt this year that everyone still argues the winner, sounded like grant this time. But trojovsky beat him good last year, so i think they need to go another time to settle it. I would flip grant and trojovsky in those picks, but all three are very close and very tough.