PDA

View Full Version : Big Shoes and Rule Changes

Teaps
08-27-2005, 01:27 AM
With the Addition of Edler and Dowzak on the blue line, we may just have the making of the feet to fill Weber's Shoes. Now with Card, Cumiskey, Joe, Dowzak, Edler, and Reinholt. With 5 guys over 6', and 5 near or over 200 lbs...I don't think we'll have a problem on D. and on the front end, well, with Ray and Darzins' speed, I don't see a problem with us utilizing the no red line.

Now with all the rule changes, teams will have to think of how to change their game to utilize these changes.

I personally do not see the Rockets needing to do much altering.

1. No Red Line - As stated above, we got some speedy fellas.

2. Shoot-outs - We have guys with some real good hands. Keller, Comeau, Ray, Ofukany, and Spurgeon

3. Reduced ability of Goaltender coverage - We have one of the best break out games I have seen, i don't see this being a problem

Now, with these rule changes, and insert Gellert, an "Insider" of European Hockey, as Dana Soleski will so kindly refer to him as, I do not see any of these rule changes effecting our systems in the least bit.

Any Thoughts?

Jovorock
08-27-2005, 10:00 AM
I think there will be a trade, it might be Reinholt? Scheen will be the 7th defenseman and I still think they will get a 20 yr old defenseman. All the top six will have to play, Reinholt is 18 and will finally healthy, Joe will need consistant ice time. I can't see Joe sitting if we get a 20 yr old, so Reinholt might be the odd man out?

Will the Rockets go out and get another 20 yr old forward? Raffl coming in is a wash replacing Darzins, that leaves two spots open, Spurgeon and Moisys job. Then Spurgeon will be back in December.

You have Cutter, Hill, McCrae and Long coming in all for one job. It seems a little crowded? These guys are all 17 and need to play.

This is a nice problem to have but it will be impossible to keep everyone happy.