PDA

View Full Version : After the Black/White Game

Tinner
08-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Here is my thoughts on the players who will be either fighting for positions or will make up the 2005 - 2006 team. (names in bold are my "for sure" picks to stay)

Goal

Leslie
Reimer

Defense

Flatters
Frere
Kurceba
Lamoureux
Levarsky
Mihalak
Kot
Smith
Hanson

Forwards

Gillies
Klym
Chabot
Ross
Sawa
Knackstedt
LeBlanc
Pieper
Poulter
Sutter
Vandermeer
Walker
Gionfriddo
Rome
Wick

I may have missed a player or 2, but I reserve the right to add or change after the B/W game.

D.A.
08-27-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm with you for the most part, with the following exceptions:

D:
Kot - I can't honestly say I noticed him once so far (though that may say more about me than him). Besides, he's only 15, so I can't imagine him sticking for the B&W.

F:
Chabot and Sawa were already cut yesterday. The only other change is that I'd add Klotz - maybe in bold, even.

Shinyshoes
08-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Here is my Kick at the cat.

Goalies:
Leslie
Reimer

Defence:
Mihalilk
Hanson
Kurceba
Flatters
Frere
P.P. Lameroux
Levarsky
Poulsen

Forwards:
Wick
Rome
Walker
Knackstedt
Vandermeer
Gilles
Pieper
Sutter
Poulter
Gionfriddo
Klym
Klotz
LeBlanc
M. Lamereux (If he decides to go NCAA, then Replace him with Falk)

Comments?? Insults??

D.A.
08-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, Shiny, as you know, I don't think Poulsen will stick. Same with M. Lamoureux (based on his size).

And am I the only one that thinks Cline will get a continued look?

Anyway, as per my other post, here's my list:

Goalies:
1. Leslie
2. Reimer

Defence:
1. Mihalik
2. Hanson
3. Kurceba
4. Flatters
5. Lamoureux
6. Frere
7. J. Smith
8. Levarsky
9. Wilson

Forwards:
1. Wick
2. Walker
3. Rome
4. Knackstedt
5. Vandermeer
6. Pieper
7. Gillies
8. Sutter
9. Leblanc
10. Klotz
11. Cline
12. Poulter
13. Gionfriddo
14. Betts
15. Falk
16. Klym

Rebel66
08-27-2005, 11:09 AM
12. Poulter
14. Betts
16. Klym

I like these choices a lot. I've been really impressed with Blair.....Erhm Luke Betts. Whether he sticks around this year is up in the air but he looks like he'll be a good one at sometime in the future.

Shinyshoes
08-27-2005, 11:26 AM
D.A., you have 27 Guys on the roster.....A little Large dont you think?? :p

Its alot easier when you dont have to cut those last 3 guys.

I do think Cline will start the year again with the team, but I dont think he will stick unless he really pulls up his socks. Possibly Gionfriddo and Cline will split duty the first couple of games...

lets see you get to 24 or 23?? ;)

D.A.
08-27-2005, 11:38 AM
I kept so many becuase that's typically how many Sutter keeps on after the B&W game. I figure that there are some tough choices to make here and it may take a little longer to get down to a normal team size.

Tinner
08-27-2005, 12:27 PM
I think Cline will stay only as long as he isn't packaged in a trade. I think there will be a trade or trades involving Cline, Hnetiuk, Moore and quite possibly someone from the perceived starters or regulars....maybe a goalie also.

I question how many "grinders" can play on 1 line. Of course, the BW game will hopefully single out the prospective team makeup.

D.A.
08-27-2005, 06:25 PM
OK - I'm taking a lot of flak for not getting down to 24 guys. Before this afternoon's game, I would have said just take off my last d-man (Wilson) and last two forwards (Falk & Klym). After watching today, I'd say that Falk and Klym (esp. Klym) will still be around. The two I'd take off now are Betts and Gionfriddo. I still like them both, but if it will save me some razzing, I'll cut them.

Still not sure what to do with Cline...

rdreb
08-27-2005, 08:17 PM
After todays go round i will change a few from what i had

Goalies
Eidsness
Leslie (I know that I should be going with Reimer but I think Eidsness has been the better than,the other 2

D-men
Hansen
Fere
Mihalik
Lamoureux
Levarsky
Kurceba
Flatters
Kozyra

Forwards

Rome
Sutter
Poulter
Klym
Lamoureux
Wick
Vandermeer
Klotz
Walker
Pieper
Kanackstedt
Gillies
Betts
Hunter
Cline
One off the last two will be sent down too tripple a

tiny
08-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Goalies:
1. Leslie
2. Reimer (solid tender "what do I know about goal tenders")

Defence:
1. Mihalik
2. Hanson
3. Kurceba
4. Flatters
5. Lamoureux
6. Frere
7. J. Smith (seems to have dropped a little weight and seems quicker)
8. Levarsky ( good young talent) doesn't panic and sees the ice well

Forwards:
1. Wick
2. Walker
3. Rome
4. Knackstedt
5. Vandermeer
6. Pieper
7. Gillies
8. Sutter
9. Klym (feisty but must keep penalty time down)
10. Klotz (can play with the big boys if his mind can catch up with his growth)
11. Cline (tough start to camp with distractions but ...)
12. Poulter (impressive hustle and smarts, doesn't flinch from big checks)
13. Gionfriddo ( talented but must become team player)
14. Leblanc (had him cut until today)

Although I did skip a little of the camp, I did see enough to form some opinions of others as well.

'89D next in line I would pick Wilson then Kozyra. I might have swithced these two if K had not been hurt.

'90D I liked Scarborough (will be here soon) then Stebner (just give him playing time this year)

'89 F I liked Betts (see Klym), Hunter (woke up after fist day lethargy) then Smith (better each day)

'90 F I liked Mappin (I would like to see more team play but has all the tools), Spenser ( can't miss his hustle and quickness JUST GROW), and Krgovich (see Spenser)

Don't know what to expect except excitement. Can;t wait to see the new dressingroom; sounds terrific.