PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Slade.

Crosby rules
08-28-2005, 07:13 AM
How does he look? Is he @ training camp? Is he skating? How's his knee?

rinkrat
08-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Watched some inter squad games today,Dustin looked pretty sharp.He has new silver pads with matching gloves.Wearing #37.
Here's a link to an interview with him...
http://www.go-giants.com/index.php

Crosby rules
08-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Maybe the reason for losing his cool is due to a genetic disease called wilson's disease. I have it. and one of the characteristics is a short temper. I am his cousin.

witness
08-29-2005, 08:35 AM
I really don't buy that. Through my dealing with Dustin in Regina, I can tell you that he is a very intelligent young man. It is very frustrating to have someone with half your inteligence try to manipulate you all the time (Parker). Dustin was doing fine to begin the season and then Parker started to trade the guys he hung around with. The trades did not improve the Pats. Dustin was the star and was getting churped at by the opposition and the Pats had nobody that would step in (whether they were told not to, or just were unwilling). It is a well know fact that if you run Dustin, it will get him off his game. The referees allowed that to happen.
Dustin was being held accountable for how Regina played by the management in the media (although the media here loves Slade). The team was not getting better, they were getting worse. He was getting run once a period and nobody was standing up for him. The chirping from the opposition was getting worse. And lastly, the guys that were his close buddies on the team were now all gone. Combine that with being two provinces away from your main support base (his family), will lead you to some very explosive moments as an 18 year old.

Number_4
08-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I agree with witness on this. Dustin is really a good person, it was just the unjust playing conditions he was subjected to. Parker was not supportive at all towards him, and did not have faith in him. It was a well known fact around the arena that Brent had issues with Dustin. When your GM doesnt support you on the ice, it really makes a difference in how your treated by the players, both visitors and your own teammates. Although the Pats did pay for Dustin to take pilot lessons and other things, it was the on-ice support that was lacking. As witness said, when you are an 18-year old male, the littlest thing can set you off. I hope that he will be happier out west, and that he gains the fans support like he had in Regina. For a while, he was the main attraction at the games. He made the game interesting. It sucks that he was made a scapegoat by management, and that was very unfair... its a team game. If anything, a good management team would have taken some of the blame from the players. That season was only a start to what the Pats are today.

You want the best example of why Dustin did not last in Regina... look at all the players who were traded away, or requested a trade, or just refused to come back. Why? Parker&co.

Beaner
08-29-2005, 05:32 PM
I think everyone is hoping he will get his chance to show what he has the potential to do, and I for one hope he can.

As to the entertainment value, I'll never forget him and Triston going at it in the game last year. Hopefully he can keep his temper in check as teams will try to get him off his game.

Bran
08-29-2005, 06:59 PM
While that's possible, I don't think it's probable....The things he did were never without provocation. Now, that doesn't mean I agree with the way he handled all of those situations (and sometimes, though I might not have done the same thing, I couldn't really argue with what he did. Not just the things that made him angry, but when there was a real chance of someone injuring him...and there were plenty, I say go for it.) Most people could at least see where he was coming from, even if they didn't agree with the way he dealt with things. It's funny that he was blamed for the team losing but, if anything, they played worse when he was gone. Remember the beginning of the season? It was promising. Dustin was awesome. Ross, McGillivray and Bubnick lit it up...then what happened? Parker wants to know the problem with his team he shuold take a good long look in the mirror. Even people who didn't like Dustin much admitted he was screwed over by the team... Everyone here wishes him the best in Vancouver. I hope he'll be happy there and that he'll enjoy playing near home. He said a few times last year that he wished he could be nearer to home, that his family and friends could watch. And he'll be in a great organization. I'm interested to see what happens when they play here in November. No doubt it will be packed, I'd almost venture to say there would be as many people cheering for him as for the Pats. Depending on how things go, maybe more.