PDA

View Full Version : Cuts made

D.A.
08-28-2005, 05:28 PM
A pile of cuts were made after the B&W game (check the Rebels site for details), leaving the following players in camp:

G: Leslie & Reimer
D: Mihalik, P. Lamoureux, J. Smith, Frere, Flatters, Kurceba, Hanson, Moore
F: M. Lamoureux, Rome, Klym, Sutter, LeBlanc, Falk, Vandermeer, Mappin, Poulter, Wick, Betts, Halliday, Knackstedt, Walker, Gionfriddo, Klotz, Pieper, Gillies, Cline

D.A.
08-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Surprises?

I was a bit surprised that Levarsky is gone already. Moore will go at some point as well, which leaves us with just 7 D. A trade in the works?

I know Henitiuk was bound to go, but I was surprised to see him cut so soon. I hope he gets on with another WHL team somewhere.

Mappin's still here, but will be gone before the season starts due to his age (15).

Otherwise, nothing too shocking here, I don't think.

Courtney08-
08-28-2005, 05:49 PM
i was surprised that joel was gone so early.. but i was also surprised to see levarsky go so soon too.. and i didnt think that they would keep johnathin smith or tyler halliday really .. but who knows sutter still has more cuts to be made..
And yes im sure we'll see shaden moore go soon

D.A.
08-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Well, unless a trade is made, it looks like J. Smith is on the team. After dropping Moore and Mappin, the only cuts left would be another 4 forwards. I think Halliday will be one, but the other three could be any of the following: M. Lamoureux, Klym, LeBlanc, Falk, Poulter, Betts, Gionfriddo, Klotz, and Cline. I think those nine will be fighting for the last six spots during exhibition.

rdreb
08-28-2005, 06:35 PM
I see that I was out on a few

Didn't think we would still have Moore around.

Levarsky was a shoe in on the D

Eidsness I think was still the better of the Goailes in camp(but whatv do I know)

Cline has to do something in the preseason or he will be playing tripple A

That is all for now

This is jmo

Shinyshoes
08-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Wow...I'm VERY surprised that Levarsky is gone. I was sure he was going to be our 8th Defenceman. Apparently Sutter thinks the space better used for the talent we have up front where we need to develop those players.

This doesnt smell quite right......something must be in the works......

Charlie....is your college player on his way? or Tyler Swysten??

Hockey101
08-28-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm with shinyshoes here just when you think you have this figured out Sutter pulls a fast one something is the works has to be Sutter said he was going to carry 8 D-men this with the rule changes cause he thinks ther is going to be a lot of injurys. And from my count there is eight unless Rome is the guy out??? Can't see that though ah who knows anymore well find out sone enough.This year is going to be fun
:groovy:

frontrow fan
08-28-2005, 07:18 PM
hey ya'll.....was good to be back in the Centrium again!!!
I thought overall the guys looked good... some of them were exciting to watch... Frere and Knackstedt??? what was that about?? almost funny actually!! :clap: I really hope "Lil Lamoreaux makes the team, I like watching him play... he kinda plays like Colby Armstrong and Carsen Germyn put together!! lotsa P & V, fun to watch....Gionfriddio*(sp) really didn't show much imo.... I liked Falk, and Smith...I wish Mappin was old enough...that kid is going to be amazing!!!!!!!! well... now we wait!!!
Hopefully we'll get some decent weather before hockey season actually starts!! cause the summer more or less just sucked!!! :thumb: :wave:

WHEATMAN
08-28-2005, 07:29 PM
he had a hell of a year in AAA, wouldnt doubt it if it is him

RDRebelsfan
08-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I thought Henituik had a heck of game today form wha tI saw...I didn't hav eone of the roster sheets so I just looked down at the person's in front of me.

Mihalik is a tall lanky character...his skating seems good for a kid his size though he seemed to have problems stopping sometimes.

A good game though, and I thought all 4 goalies had a good showing.

RDRebelsfan
08-28-2005, 07:38 PM
one guy I know was talking about Mihalik saying he wasn't "impressed" yet.

It'll be interesting to see what 16's will make the full time roster this year.

J23
08-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, I'm sorry to say that my friend was cut from Rebels camp. Hopefully he'll find his way onto another team!! I'll still be cheering for the Rebels (and of course the Rockets) this upcoming season!!

RDRebelsfan
08-28-2005, 08:41 PM
your friend is Travis Briard isn't it? I think that's a given.

J23
08-28-2005, 11:07 PM
your friend is Travis Briard isn't it? I think that's a given.
Nope, not him. It's Henituik, we became friends when he played in Kelowna. Sorry Joel! :(

Courtney08-
08-29-2005, 01:13 AM
yeah its really to bad that Joels gone he was a good buddy of mine too.. but ahh well i guess.. He played great today i thought, since sutter posted those comments about him and Shaden not likley to be staying i thought he put a fire under his ass and played amazing i watched him in camp to.. But as for Moore he just looks like he is there to be there like he does give a Sh*t its like he thinks he played last year so he will be here this year.. well i dunno my opinion i thought joel did great today and at the camp that i saw him play at.. but i guess sutter pulls moves that we would never see coming but he always knows best!

RDRebelsfan
08-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Nope, not him. It's Henituik, we became friends when he played in Kelowna. Sorry Joel! :(

someone will pick him up. I was talking to a buddy of mine form Saskatoon. He said the Blades could use him. It'd make sense too, as they'll probably have an OA spot for him, and not to mention he'll be playing for a potentially 1st place team in that division.

Tinner
08-29-2005, 08:32 PM
the 16's will be Sutter, Gionfriddo and Poulter....maybe 1 more

D.A.
08-29-2005, 09:43 PM
The only other ones left after those are Betts and Halliday. My guess is that neither of those two will make it and that Gionfriddo is still on the bubble as well.

Shinyshoes
08-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I agree with you D.A., but on that same note, I think Gionfriddo will stick solely based on the fact that he played with us at christmas last year, so is NCAA option is gone.

JMO.