PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night?

Chipper
08-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Did anyone around this site go and watch? I heard it was a disapointing turn out. How was the perception of the event.

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Did anyone around this site go and watch? I heard it was a disapointing turn out. How was the perception of the event.

I thought the event was ok, some of the fights were good tilts, Most of the guys ended up quiting because of injuries and Concussions and yes they did use all of the saftey procoutions needed to have the event in PG in the first place,the hometown guy Trent Potskin was ok but he ended up getting injured, Link Gaetz only fought one round before he was injured,Derek Parker From Melville SK, who has connections with PG I think, he had some good bouts and he was very fired up,Mark Raiter had to quit,but not because of injury,but because his skate blade broke,very unsual,Mark was very dissapointed but I guess things can not always go your way. In the final Mike Scgroi fought Dean Mayerand, two very strong well built players,and in the end Dean Mayerand was the Champion of the Black and Blue Hockey Enforcers 2005.

Chipper
08-29-2005, 08:06 AM
I was watching the news and Gino Ogect (SP) Was there. To bad he didn't go, He would have filled the areana.

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-29-2005, 10:31 AM
So that is who that fighter was because at the end the announcers said that there were supposed to be 16 fighters but their only were 15.

Sput
08-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I wasn't there but I have talked to two guys that were. They said the turnout was not bad, about 3500. I heard there were reportedly "lots" of fights in the crowd, but thats just normal at any large scale event that liquor is served at. Apparently there was some confusion as to how the bouts were scored, and what the 'rules' were. All in all it was apparently a decent night, and I think I'm going to try to pick up on of the DVD's when it comes out.

Jovorock
08-31-2005, 06:33 AM
Did it sound like it was well organized? Was it a flop or did the promoters make money?