PDA

View Full Version : best fan atmosphere

original6
01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
hello..im new to this board..but had a question about fan atmosphere. i use to go to the old mercer barn(seattle) and the fans were wild and supportive. now at key arena, the fans sit on there hands, or just chat with each other...so where is the best place nowadays to see a game?? also any insight to why seattle has become somewhat boring to watch a game, let me know..

great site here

steveo

grumphy
01-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Medicine Hat hands down has the best atmosphre

Fight Guy
01-24-2005, 05:29 PM
I've been to MJ and PA, and they both have great atmosphere...PA being better though. It was fun watching the Pats play there.

original6
01-24-2005, 05:30 PM
thanks for the response...what is about the hat, that has the fan into it..also how many does the building hold..if you know..thanks

steveo70

grumphy
01-24-2005, 05:32 PM
The old barn holds 4006 sold out all the time

kelownakarl
01-24-2005, 06:05 PM
I remember the old Kelowna Memorial Arena would just be rocking about 8 times a season - when Kamloops was in town. Sitting in the top row of that arena was literally sitting on top of the ice. A tiny little arena, but perfect for Junior A. Fans would just go nuts for the Kamloops games. However things have changed in the new Prospera Place. Noisy at times, but at other times it could be mistaken for a library. However during playoffs the place is rocking.

C.F
01-24-2005, 07:16 PM
People can't talk unless they've been to the Everett Event Center. Loudest fans in the WHL.

grumphy, I haven't been to Medicine Hat to watch a game, but I have listened to games there on the radio and have had many friends that went there, and I haven't had any responce about their crazy fans. Whenever people talk about Everett, their fans are always brought up. Maybe you're being a tad bit biased?

NOTE: I despise Everett.

rinkrat
01-24-2005, 07:59 PM
OK,Ok...I'm getting carried away!However it is an awesome place to watch a game.I'm a Giants fan and was treated great at the game.Great atmosphere,whats with the 3 star selection? That guys on drugs...

ihlemic10
01-24-2005, 08:38 PM
I like Everett being loud. It seems that we are loud for any game. I went to Seattle for a game that was them VS Portland and the fans were so quiet. Even at the last Seattle Vs Everett game in Seattle, the Everett fans were way louder than the Seattle fans on the radio.

Tiger Trauma
01-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Medicine Hat and Everett...I believe they have the best atmosphere in their rinks. I heard that Everett fans even go crazy when there's icings, and two line passes?

In medicine hat there's always a buzz of crowd noise...escpecially in the playoffs.

Game six vs red deer, (two years ago) in which the tigers won in overtime!
Thats the loudest I've ever heard any rink..NHL, whl, amjhl

ihlemic10
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Believe me, we will cheer for any small thing. If there is even offsides we cheer.

Rebel66
01-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Medicine Hat fans by my experience are the loudest. They create a ton of noise and really get behind their team. Great to see.

Red Deer's crowd, on the other hand, are really really quiet unfortunately. During the playoffs I've tried my best to get some chants going but it is never a sustained noise.

Off topic but if you want ear splitting atmosphere though attend a Liverpool-Manchester United soccer game in England, or any number of other soccer games in Europe. Now that is something to behold. Songs and chants for the entire game plus before and after. I've left the ground with my ears ringing and not being able to hear a thing. Should really come with a health warning! (Of course that was in the good old days when they had standing room terraces. Now with all seated stadiums it is a little quieter. Still much more than a hockey game though.)

Tinner
01-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Red Deer must have the quietest fans. The westerner doesn't allow anything to come into the rink, and so everybody just sits on their hands. Wish i could change that because at the old arena when the Rustlers played, it had to be the loudest then.

I think most RD fans go to the game because it is a social event. imo

Orv
01-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Red Deer must have the quietest fans. The westerner doesn't allow anything to come into the rink, and so everybody just sits on their hands. Wish i could change that because at the old arena when the Rustlers played, it had to be the loudest then.

I've never been to a Rebels game but I'm sure that Hurricanes would challenge them for the quietest crowd. I love when the Hat comes to town because at least their fans make some noise.

Rebel66
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM

Spot on 39! I was saying this exact same thing to my wife the other day. We know so many people from attending the hockey game that its not even funny. A number of our photography customers seem to attend the games too which is a good way of staying at the forefront of their minds!

I like how well supported the Rebels are (numbers wise). Attendance wise the Rebels fans have to be some of the best in junior hockey. However, I just wish that fans were even a little more vocally behind the team but perhaps that's just the long time soccer fan in me coming out!

Nielson11
01-29-2005, 10:53 AM
The Canes might make a run...only when the Hat is intown because I swear 3000 Hat fans make the trip.

Most of the time the Enmax Centre is powerless (bew yaa)...it's pretty sad actually.

A couple of LAME chants and that's it.

Nielson

RunTheGoalie
01-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Quite literally powerless too. Do they ever plan on pointing any lights towards the fans during the game? It's hard to get into a game in Lethbridge when you feel like you are in a theatre.

Of the arena's I've been to, Medicine Hat is by far the best. Not just the arena, but the fans. I happened to be in Red Deer for the 7th game of their series vs the Tigers a couple years ago, and about 700 Medicine Hat fans made the 5 hour trip up for that game. They all looked like they just broke out of prison with their orange jumpsuits, but that was one of the noisiest games I've ever seen in the Westerner.

As great a building as the Saddledome is, it's hard to create a ton of atmosphere when you have 9000 people in a 20,000 seat arena. Though the two games we pulled in 14,000+ this year have been remarkable.

aknarab
01-31-2005, 07:26 PM
I remember being at game 4 of the WHL Championship series in Everett. Those fans LOVE that team. I've never seen so many cow bells in my life. and they cheer for EVERYTHING. and after losing game 4, there were grown men around me crying, very strong fan base.

HAF
02-01-2005, 06:27 AM
I like my home barn.... Of course thats my biased opinion. Spokane fans can get pretty noisy when they want to. Of course, Its easy to get noisy when there are 10,000 of them.Cranbrook (kootenay) was a fun place to watch a game. I'd say they were the freindliest bunch of people I've ever met at an away game. They were very respectful and everyone kept asking us if them Canadians had been treating us OK while we were there.
Those Everett fans are probably the rowdiest in the US division though... They love them Silvertips!!!! Which is good, nobody else does!!!

Knuckle Chucker
02-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Prince Albert has great atmosphere but there are way to many games with empty seats this year. However, when the place is packed it rocks especially against Saskatoon or Brandon.

Come on Raider fans get out to the games. You may have to pay for the whole seat but most nights you will just need the edge of it