PDA

View Full Version : Any comments on the game tonight?

Broncs in RD
08-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Who scored? who played well? who played the ****s?

Oh-Vee
08-31-2005, 10:06 AM
I had my responce just about finished when my computer froze and caused me to curse with no regard for the women and children within earshot.

As Horseman mentioned in another thread, Hengen and Fransoo did not look good at all. Hengen played better in the third and ended up with a couple of assists but there were too many 16 and 17 year olds in orange allowed to stay on thier feet infront of the net.

I am big fan of Dafoe and think that he has top 4 potential. I thought that he was the best d man out there last night. Skated well, cleared the net. He was soft on a puck and it ended up in the net, but on a bad night from the D he was the best.

I could watch Postma skate with the puck all day. Looked hesitant without the puck. Benke, at times looked lost out there but overall I think he played alright.

I mainly watched the D and didn't pay much attention to the forwards. I was begining to think that Wudrick needed work on his shot and he had a slow release, until midway through the second he ripped one off the cross bar (I thought for sure it was in).

I was kind of expecting to see some fireworks between Glass and Murray but perhaps that will wait until the games mean something.

Tiger9
08-31-2005, 10:44 AM
They said on the radio in the Hat today that Wasden had the Gordie Howe hat-trick (goal, assist, fight). Who did he fight? How was it? Was there any other fights or any rough stuff?

Scout
08-31-2005, 02:01 PM
We got outplayed last night by your Tigers. Our D is huge and did nothing to clear the net. Your little speedsters played like Tazmanian Devils out there. I saw a couple of time when Tyler Ennis i think it was, took his 5'6" 140 lb. body and ran big Benke, all 6'6" 225lbs into the boards. Your goalie was unreal. He made alot of key saves. I loved Bendfeld. This guy can play and fight. Altough he fought a guy smaller he played his butt off all game. Your whole team played there butts of. Our guys seemed relaxed and non-chelant about the whole game. I think coach Dean let his thoughts known on sports this morning and i can see for sure some vets gone. If your a Tiger Fan you would have enjoyed the way your team played. As for being a Bronco fan, i was not overly impressed with our desire out there.

Scout

Tiger9
08-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah, looks like the Tigers this year will be small and fast up front, and big a tough in the back, except for Russell, he'll be like another forward! Any more details of the fights? Who fought?

Scout
08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
I hope i got this right. The first fight was Zack Smith and Jordan Bendfeld. They just dropped them and grabbed on. Each would throw a punch and hold on again. Bendfeld got the better of Smith as he landed a couple of good rights. The second was Marc Dafoe and i think Skrudland. The same kind of fight with a lot of holding on and the odd punch thrown. No real step back and chuck them. I give Skrudland that slight edge also.

Scout

whippah
08-31-2005, 02:40 PM
How did Tyler Ennis from the Hat look overall? That kid can dangle.

Oh-Vee
08-31-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm pretty sure you got those fights right Scout.

I agree with you post Scout on the Bronco's effort. In my first post, before I lost everything I mentioned something to the effect that they didn't realize that thier jobs were on the line. I know it is difficult to expect playoff type urgency in August but I don't think Dean or the fans of this team will tolerate a team that doesn't put out 100% effort for every shift. I don't care if they win or not (2 points every now and again would be nice) but they better play hard.

Scout
08-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Those three were a pain in the butt all night. They gave 800% the whole game and for there size were not scared to hit and run. How big are these three? Any idea? They are so small it looked like their jersey was dragging on the ice.

Scout

Flathead
08-31-2005, 08:02 PM
I wanted to be there, but ended up working late. Sounds like it was a good one to miss, unless you're a Tiger fan.
Dean was very vocal on the radio :burningma . I couldn't imagine what was said in the dressing room! :evil: :burningma :mad:

Oh-Vee
08-31-2005, 09:23 PM
I wanted to be there, but ended up working late. Sounds like it was a good one to miss, unless you're a Tiger fan.
Dean was very vocal on the radio :burningma . I couldn't imagine what was said in the dressing room! :evil: :burningma :mad:

I missed the interview this morning. I am pretty sure of the tone but does any one remember any quotes?

Flathead
08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
I missed the interview this morning. I am pretty sure of the tone but does any one remember any quotes?
"the vets were a disgrace" was the one that sticks in my head.

Toswammi
08-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Man that was brutal. If i was the coaching staff there would be some vets on a real tight rope. Any d man that had marginal game experience was brutal. Benke, and Postma were the most consistent defense men, and Defoe although getting beat once or twice played all right. Other than Sauer, all vet forwards might have well stayed home, they all sucked and were out shined by the rookies. these players may have something to learn from these kids, like, maybe, ethic. Its going to be interesting couple of weeks. Especially if this continues.