PDA

View Full Version : Two Blades released

Billy Blade
08-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Ben Van Lare and Tyson Sievert have both been giving their walking papers. Van Lare is on his way to Prince Albert and Sievert was picked up by Regina. Good luck to both of them and hopefully they will find some success this season. This helps open things up some more for the Blades in camp, there will hopefully be some good competitions to fill the open spots.

Triton
08-31-2005, 12:50 PM
So Prince Albert picked up Ben Van Lare?He had potential,and produced good #'s in Midget.What went wrong there?

Billy Blade
08-31-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't know if there was an inside story to this or not, but Ben never really seemed comfortable out there nor did he manage to find his place on the team. He was used sparingly, mainly because he didn't earn the right for more ice time and fell out of favour of coach Molleken. Mooner is still trying to shape this team into his own and it will take probably another two or three seasons before he truly has the team built the way he wants it. Hopefully Van Lare does well in Prince Albert, he's a good kid and is a long way from home.

Triton
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Kinda off subject but why start a new thread...Any truth to the rumour that Rabbit could be dealt to Brandon for a defenceman and another player?

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Now the Blades only have 8 19yr olds on thieir roster correct?, not that this was the problem but it is a small concern for next season as only three 20yr olds are allowed to be on the team and Canadian Eh I do not if the Rabbit/Brandon Rumour has any truth to it ,it is no secret that the Blades are looking for a defenceman.

Billy Blade
08-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Kinda off subject but why start a new thread...Any truth to the rumour that Rabbit could be dealt to Brandon for a defenceman and another player?

I don't know specifically about that rumour, but yes, Molleken has been shopping all summer to upgrade the defense and is waiting for the right offer. He has openly stated that you have to give up something to get something, and Wacey Rabbit has been widely speculated as the person on the bubble. There will be a move made at some point, and whether or not it's Rabbit that changes teams remains to be seen.