PDA

View Full Version : WHL Ice Breaker Pre-Season Tournament Info

Billy Blade
08-31-2005, 12:55 PM
The annual Ice Breaker Pre-Season Tournament hosted by the Saskatoon Blades will take place once again this season from September 9 - 11. The following is the schedule:

Friday, September 9
2:00pm Prince George Cougars vs. Regina Pats
7:00pm Saskatoon Blades vs. Prince Albert Raiders

Saturday, September 10
2:00pm Regina Pats vs. Prince Albert Raiders
7:00pm Prince George Cougars vs. Saskatoon Blades

Sunday, September 11
2:00pm Prince Albert Raiders vs. Prince George Cougars
6:00pm Saskatoon Blades vs. Regina Pats

Single Admission Prices (All prices include all taxes & service charges)
Adults $7.00
Students/Seniors $5.00
Children (12 & Under) $3.00

On sale now at Credit Union Centre and all Ticketmaster locations!
938-7800 or 1-800-970-SEAT

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I will be at all three Blades games this weekend for $5.00 a how could a person go wrong and not get tickets?, i would go for the tournament package but I am saving up for a Blades home jersey and a Third jersey when they are unvialed on October 28th VS Regina Pats and I still have to buy a 18 game flex pack(so I do not have to keep on forking over money for tickets) and I will upgrade to Season Tickets in a few years maybe even next year.

Billy Blade
09-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Absolutely, it's a good deal. I'm hoping to have the time to take in one of the games with my son, but it's going to be a pretty busy weekend unfortunately. :( It would be great to see all the young guys fighting for spots and how they look.

Lefty
09-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Well I'm going to be there tomorrow night, though I'm not sure about the other games. Tuition has taken away most of the money I have.

westbeach55
09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
thanks for hosting the tournament (saskatoon) it should be a good tourney i bought tickets for the blades vs raiders and the regina against pa. how will your team look for tommrow do you have lots of veterans gone to camp. what rookies look good for the blades. hope to see you guys down in pa sometime

wango tango
09-09-2005, 09:37 AM
thanks for hosting the tournament (saskatoon) it should be a good tourney i bought tickets for the blades vs raiders and the regina against pa. how will your team look for tommrow do you have lots of veterans gone to camp. what rookies look good for the blades. hope to see you guys down in pa sometime

i don't know if i will be back in town for saturday nights game vs pg, i will get to see the blades and pats for sure, unfortunately i have to miss pa and saskatoon too.

to answer your question westbeach55 there are 8 guys gone to nhl camps, so lots of rooks for the weekend.

left wing - cameron, bader, cloud, berkner, waschuk, watt.
right wing - macangus, menei, wintoneak, macaulay, cook.
centre - gillies, geric, mccrae, hepting, patterson
defence - ward, brown, zahn, eisenkirch, crowley, funk, macpherson, knudsen.
goal - monette, holtby, armstrong, reid.

westbeach55
09-09-2005, 11:25 AM
thanks tango, should be some good games on the weekend

Sput
09-09-2005, 01:41 PM
I know of at least one car load of guys that made their way east to watch the Cougs this weekend. I sure hope they have something good to cheer about. Could anyone going to the games keep me updated with scores and who looks good for the Cats please? Let me know how the team looks in a game situation. Thanks S'toon fans!

mat01800
09-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I know of at least one car load of guys that made their way east to watch the Cougs this weekend. I sure hope they have something good to cheer about. Could anyone going to the games keep me updated with scores and who looks good for the Cats please? Let me know how the team looks in a game situation. Thanks S'toon fans!

Went to the first game between the cougars and the Pats. Nick Drazenovic was one of the better players on the ice with two goals. Also your russian import scored a very nice goal in the shootout thing they had after the game. There was one 16 year old who played an excellent game and was out there for almost every situation. I think he had a goal and a assist but his name is slipping my head for right now. Bowles in net played all right but nothing to spectacular.

Sput
09-10-2005, 04:09 PM
There was one 16 year old who played an excellent game and was out there for almost every situation. I think he had a goal and a assist but his name is slipping my head for right now.

I think that was Dana Tyrrel. It was reported in the Citizen that he was a standout and was on the ice for a lot of situations. PK, PP and had a regular shift.