PDA

View Full Version : NHL-CHL Agreement

Beaner
09-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Has anyone heard if this has been done yet?

All I can find out is that it is currently being talked about.

Jimmypop316
09-02-2005, 02:12 PM
what is the deals along the lines of, I have no idea at what youre talking about.

Beaner
09-02-2005, 02:19 PM
It is a deal between the NHL and CHL on how much teams/ leagues get for CHL players being drafted, among other things.

The old agreement expired with the old CBA, and all I can find out thus far is that they are currently talking about it.

The_Vulk
09-02-2005, 04:34 PM
The NHL had a new agreement with the IIHF.

August 16 – ZURICH – The International Ice Hockey Federation and the National Hockey League have today reached a two-year Player Transfer Agreement including the national associations and leagues of the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Sweden, Slovakia and Switzerland.

The agreement furthermore cements that NHL players will be released for purposes of participating for their respective countries in the 2006 Olympic Winter Games in Turin.

It was broken down as to how much each national association/leagues get based on which round the player was drafted in, etc.

Don't know if the CHL agrememt is similar.

Jimmypop316
09-03-2005, 04:24 AM
The only thing I think they get compensation for is if they keep players and they are still under 20 year old, I don't know if thats still in effect or how exactly the rule went, but I'm sure its part of the new CBA.

Beaner
09-03-2005, 12:04 PM
The only thing I think they get compensation for is if they keep players and they are still under 20 year old, I don't know if thats still in effect or how exactly the rule went, but I'm sure its part of the new CBA.

It also had the rules about having to send Junior Players back to their Junior teams, as opposed to the AHL etc., if they weren't going to play for their NHL clubs.

Jimmypop316
09-03-2005, 05:20 PM
It also had the rules about having to send Junior Players back to their Junior teams, as opposed to the AHL etc., if they weren't going to play for their NHL clubs.
Yea theres still a lot of the CBA that hasnt been announced to the public yet and things are still leaking out every other week, kind of wish the CBA was a public document.

RunTheGoalie
09-04-2005, 10:22 AM
The agreements between the NHL and CHL, and the NHL and AHL are seperate from the CBA. These have to be negotiated between the organizations affected, and the NHLPA most certantly is not a part of either league, nor does it have any right to speak for either.

The old CHL-NHL agreement did include financial rewards for organizations that have players drafted. The lack of this deal was a noted concern for the smaller teams like Swift Current and Prince Albert last year, as that compensation can be the difference between making money and losing money.