PDA

View Full Version : Four Bronco's head to pro camps

Scout
09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Next week four Bronco's head to their respective pro camps. Schulz, Rumsey and R.J.LaRochelle. R.J. recieved a free agent try out. All three are defencemen. Also leaving will be goaltender Kyle Moir.

Scout

Flathead
09-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Way to go RJ, on your invite to Oilers rookie camp :thumb: Best of luck to everybody.

ointhecreek
09-02-2005, 11:14 PM
With any luck Schulz will make the farm team and we won't see him again :laugh:

Oh-Vee
09-03-2005, 11:24 AM
With any luck Schulz will make the farm team and we won't see him again :laugh:

I saw an interview last year on Sportsnet Pacific on a show called Canucks This Week (or something like that). Anyways the interview took place during Canucks Rookie/Prospect camp and Schultz was the feature. He mentioned stuff like he was going to play a more physical game in junior. I nearly tossed the remote into the TV I was so mad.

The good thing however is that Nolan Baumgardner, an AHL allstar defenceman who was once a 10 ten pick in the draft, had taken a mentorship role in developing young Schultz. Lets hope he does a more complete job this year.

I know you were kidding ointhecreek, but 19 year olds can't play in the AHL, they have to be returned to thier junior team or play in the NHL.

Oh-Vee
09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Found this on the Canucks web site. Not too much substance to the interview but it is worth a listen.

http://www.canucks.com/images/audiofile05/sep0605/schulz.mp3

section q
09-08-2005, 11:16 AM
i listened to this and yes, it is david schultz, but what he is saying is a complete joke. he doesn't play a very physical game at all (at least not last season) for a big kid he was getting pushed around by guys half his size in front of the net. when he went into the corners he looked scared to hit the players in the opposing jersey. maybe someone talked to him during the offseason and he will be a more physical player. i mean he didn't drop the gloves last season until the final home game of the year. we will have to wait and see!

Willis on the Welfare
09-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Time to go back to the good ole' days of the blue board.

I tired of all the David Schulz bashing on the internet. Everytime I see someone posting something negative about David Schulz I will find a reason why David Schulz is better than YOU!

David Schulz is better than you because:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=4787&hubName=VAN

He is featured in TSN's NHL section. YOU most likely are not.

Flathead
09-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Time to go back to the good ole' days of the blue board.

I tired of all the David Schulz bashing on the internet. Everytime I see someone posting something negative about David Schulz I will find a reason why David Schulz is better than YOU!

David Schulz is better than you because:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=4787&hubName=VAN

He is featured in TSN's NHL section. YOU most likely are not.
1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harrass, insult, belittle, threaten, or flame another member or guest.

Willis on the Welfare
09-08-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm not flaming so much as defending. By "flaming" I would single out one poster by name and insult them directly. I don't think I was insulting, belittling, threatening or harassing. Just to play nice I will change the name from "David Schulz is better than you" to "David Schulz doesn't totally suck because....".

Willi$

Oh-Vee
09-09-2005, 12:25 PM
I was reading some posts on HFBoards.com about the Canucks rookie camp and came across these comments that Canuck fans have made about Schultz at Rookie Camp. Keep in mind that these guys posting are just fans like you and me posting their opinions.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=169277&page=2&pp=25

From orcatown: Schultz -steady player that covered up well for other people’s mistakes. However, showed nothing offensively.

From Waveburner: #43-Schulz-I think his skating has gotten even better and he remains an excellent first-passer. Great positioning and is more aggressive this year. Could be a sleeper, although upside is limited.

Sounds like he is having a pretty good camp and has a decent chance of making the jump to the main camp. I think that will be huge for his development.

Does any one have any info on the other three guys? I have not been able to find anything on them from message boards yet other than Fransoo will be at the Flames main camp. (I don't know if they have a rookie or prospect camp) If I see anything I will post it.

See you at the game tonight.

Broncs in RD
09-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Physical testing began Wednesday. Sounds like Dion has made the team already. No word on how Rumsey has done yet, but Andrew Leslie was also invited to their prospects camp.