PDA

View Full Version : New color commentator

Sput
09-03-2005, 12:42 AM
With the old color guy, Mike Hawes, leaving the Cougars to be the volunteer assistant coach for the Spruce Kings, it left an opening to be filled. As per the news release from www.pgcougars.com

Sep 1 2005

Cougars Add New Color Commentator

PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars are pleased to announce the hiring of Mike Meehan as the team’s new color commentator for the upcoming season. Meehan will work side by side Cougars broadcaster Ron St. Clair. All games can be heard live throughout the season on 99.3 THE DRIVE.

Tinner
09-07-2005, 09:45 AM
things must be pretty quiet up there......as i have not seen any reports on how the team is looking, only that there is a new radio color man.

Sput
09-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Things have been very quiet around here. The team has been down to their 29 man roster for a couple weeks now. Training camp was smaller with having a rookie/prospects camp earlier in the summer. The new coach looks to have this team ready to play a full 60 minutes without being winded. He has the guys going through 2-3 hours on ice every day and 2-3 hours dry-land every day. I haven't seen any of the training camp as I was out of town, but the reports sound good so far. Its a wait and see in a game situation now. The Saskatoon tourney is this weekend so we finally get to see how the on-ice product is. From what I've read and heard it isn't so much the 16's fighting for spots as it is the 5 20's we have. Thats going to be the fight. So until the weekend is over it doesn't look like to much to report on in PG.