PDA

View Full Version : Gulasi signs pro contract

CanesFan7
09-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Michal Gulasi will not be returning to the club for the 2005-2006 season. The 19-year-old defencemen has signed a pro contract in his hometown of Ostrava in the Czech Republic. With Gulasi gone we are down to 4 regular defencmen.. Good luck to Gulasi though he was a great defencemen i wish him the best of luck.

Nielson11
09-03-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm assuming that Ashton, Olafson and Ward will get the 20 year old spots..

Which means the blueline could look something like this.

Ashton, Kudelka, Henituk, Thunderchild, Dudas, Wright, Bryce

Just an early thought.

loudi94
09-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Skill wise I agree on your picks. Trade wise, Olafson and Ashton would fetch more than Chapman or Mezei. It depends if they want to build or if they want to compete. Figures this happens when I finally break down and get season tickets. Of course I still think Seabrook will get sent back down. I don't think Chitown has a spot for him yet.

Nielson11
09-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Skill wise I agree on your picks. Trade wise, Olafson and Ashton would fetch more than Chapman or Mezei. It depends if they want to build or if they want to compete. Figures this happens when I finally break down and get season tickets. Of course I still think Seabrook will get sent back down. I don't think Chitown has a spot for him yet.

I think the odds of Seebs coming back are about 400-1.

Broncs in RD
09-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Versteeg for schulz from the broncos along with swift current sending over a pick.

CanesFan7
09-03-2005, 11:18 PM
I think the odds of Seebs coming back are about 400-1.
I agree i don't think that Seabrook will be back. I would be very suprised to see him back. ... How is Ben Wright looking?

Nielson11
09-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I agree i don't think that Seabrook will be back. I would be very suprised to see him back. ... How is Ben Wright looking?

From what I've read, heard and saw with my own eyes, I think Wright has a very good shot a making the club. He played well with Brooks in the AJHL last year and that was a good step in his development.

CanesFan7
09-04-2005, 02:10 PM
That is good to hear i hope he makes it. I will get to see how we look tonight at the exepition game against the tigers.

PuckWatcher
09-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Ben Wright looked strong tonight. I don't doubt he will be on the club this year. Obviously last season in the AJHL helped a lot.

As for the overage situation it's goin to be interesting to see what they do. I did not understand why they brought in Ward to take up another OA position. Why not trade for a younger goalie you can develop? I think Olafson, Chapman and Ward will be the OAs this year. Get rid of Ashton, better trade bait.

loudi94
09-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Ben Wright looked strong tonight. I don't doubt he will be on the club this year. Obviously last season in the AJHL helped a lot.

As for the overage situation it's goin to be interesting to see what they do. I did not understand why they brought in Ward to take up another OA position. Why not trade for a younger goalie you can develop? I think Olafson, Chapman and Ward will be the OAs this year. Get rid of Ashton, better trade bait.

The goalie situation has me worried. I think the depth and skill just isn't there. I agree Ashton will fetch the most on the market, but he is quite a leader on the team.

PuckWatcher
09-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Oh I completely agree. I sure hope Stocker has something up his sleeve, I really do.

As for the leadership. I'm going to have to say Chapman can easily wear the C this year. I would much rather see him stay. Trade, and get something good for Ashton.

loudi94
09-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Oh I completely agree. I sure hope Stocker has something up his sleeve, I really do.

As for the leadership. I'm going to have to say Chapman can easily wear the C this year. I would much rather see him stay. Trade, and get something good for Ashton.

It's pretty clear that one of these two roomates is going to be moved. Coach was pretty tough on Chapman last year.

PuckWatcher
09-05-2005, 12:07 PM
It's pretty clear that one of these two roomates is going to be moved. Coach was pretty tough on Chapman last year.

How was Hoffard tough on Chapman last year?? In what way?

loudi94
09-05-2005, 12:39 PM
How was Hoffard tough on Chapman last year?? In what way?

Chapman was pretty much hurt the entire season. His arm didn't heal very well/quickly and his play suffered a bit. He was singled out more than once for poor play even though everyone knew he was playing with a busted arm for fear of losing his spot on the team. Apparently Hoffard's doghouse is pretty hard to get out of.

PuckWatcher
09-05-2005, 02:31 PM
The kid has so much heart. And if the coach is going to single out a kid with a broken arm for poor play he should take a minute and think about things. Because even through his injuries he was consistantly one of the best defencemen out on the ice.

If he was in Hoffards dog house, then why would Hoffard be going to Chapman about team issues, instead of Seabrook?? There was more then what it seems going on inside the team last year. And maybe with Seabrook not coming back, some real leaders can step up!

loudi94
09-05-2005, 02:52 PM
If he was in Hoffards dog house, then why would Hoffard be going to Chapman about team issues, instead of Seabrook?? There was more then what it seems going on inside the team last year. And maybe with Seabrook not coming back, some real leaders can step up!

I see you share my feelings about Seabrook. This season I think will be the litmus test for Hoffard. There were rumblings that players on last year's team couldn't wait for the season to end. Some of them are now gone or will soon be gone. Hoffard thinks he's got a top tier team this season (I'm not so sure), so if they crap out early this year, it might be all she wrote for him.