PDA

View Full Version : Training camp

Wildeyes
09-03-2005, 02:17 PM
well i am reffing at the camp this weekend and there were a couple of players that stuck out in my mind

Landon Jones- came to camp in shape and can he back check
Cmoge - the import can win face offs and has really good speed
Thelan - huge and strong can skate really well
Hewson - He is playing Mid AAA with the mintos but had a really strong camp so far

i am back on the ice at 6 pm saturday i will post more

all the goalies have been really good but i dont think felske will be with the raiders this yr

Triton
09-03-2005, 02:38 PM
What goalies are in camp.Also can you post a list of all players in camp.

Wildeyes
09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
i will try my best

Sabes
09-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Players in camp:

Gold team

30 Karsten Felske
2 Corey Broddick
3 Cody Hobbs
4 AJ Thelen
5 Dorran Layng
6 Shane malone
7 Blaine Tendler
8 Troy Kliever
9 Andy Smith
10 Mike Hellyer
11 Jordan Morgan
12 Steph Viger
13 Jarvis Smigelski
14 Morgan Rath
15 Shay Neufeld
16 Ron Meyers
17 Dion LeBlue
18 Kelly Klassen
19 James Dobrowloski
21 Brett Novak

Green:

32 Tyler Esau
33 Steven Stanford
1 Chase Brent
2 Chad Crozier
3 Cody Danychuk
4 Robert Pambrun
5 Taylor Hughes
6 Steven Robinson
7 Landon Jones
8 Brett Leachman
9 Ben Van Lare
10 Mike Small
11 Lucas Ramousch
12 Brennan Petersen
13 Allan Logue
14 Rod Lavoie
15 Nolan Waker
16 Sean Collins
17 Trent Lizee
18 Aki Seitsonen
NN Kyle Chipchura

Black:

34 Deszi Weins
2 Kyle Ashim
3 Zach Coyle
4 Mike Gauthier
5 Todd MacNeil
6 Brian Sydiaha
7 Peter Cmorej
8 Justin Palazzo
9 Scott Doucett
10 Garth Collins
11 Robert Gareau
12 Cody Gross
14 Brent Ottmann
15 Jordan Trach
16 Daniel Lepp
17 Kyle Miller
18 Tony Oak
19 Jadon Potter
20 Andrew Georgeson
22 Josh Elder

Blue:

35 David Aime
36 Brant Hilton
2 Matt Brodie
3 Jeff May
4 Matt Carson
5 Evan Schafer
6 Keith Selnes
7 Bobby Spiggot
8 Cody Vann
9 Nick Barton
10 Carl Bjorge
11 Cash Brinkworth
12 Ashton Hewson
14 Pierre LaFleche
15 Bryce Lamb
16 Dan Lind
18 Owen Roschuk
19 Ryan DePape
20 Delan Dahl
21 Mike Jordan
22 Greg Hennesy
23 Cale Wright
24 Dan Byers

Wildeyes
09-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Goalies
archibald-Brant Hilton (aime did good as well but hilton was a starter last yr in JR A

D-men
AJ Thelen Landon Jones Mike Gauthier Evan Schafer Justin Palazzo Jeff May

forwards
Dan Byers, Kyle Chipchura, Aki Seitsonen
Ryan DePape, , Peter Cmorej,erikkson
Ben Van Lare, Nolan Waker, Brent Ottmann
Scott Doucett Daniel Lepp Josh Elder

Extra players Ashton Hewson playes mid AAA just a little smaller than collins not but much. Skates way better and one of the hardest shots in AAA i would like to see him up as a 17 yr old but if not next yr (ps he was one the top 40 at the hitmen camp)

Jordan Morgan played JR A last yr he would fit in nice when they need him

Green = overager

Knuckle Chucker
09-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Raiderfan17 and Wildeyes. You guys are wrong leaving Hellyer off the team. He is not going anywhere (unless traded). Yes, he is small but most teams have a small guy who is fast and can set up teammates. As a 19 year old he will have to produce but I am sure he will.

Wildeyes
09-07-2005, 04:35 PM
i dont think he will produce i seen him a the TC i was on the ice with them anytime he got the puck he couldnt hit the net or if he was on a breakaway he would lose the puck

for him to produce he has to control the puck on his stick beter dont get me wrong i like helly as a player but for an 19 yr old i just can t see it

i hope i am proven wrong i really hope he can produce

Knuckle Chucker
09-07-2005, 05:50 PM
i dont think he will produce i seen him a the TC i was on the ice with them anytime he got the puck he couldnt hit the net or if he was on a breakaway he would lose the puck

for him to produce he has to control the puck on his stick beter dont get me wrong i like helly as a player but for an 19 yr old i just can t see it

i hope i am proven wrong i really hope he can produce

Two things to note:

1. The ice was brutal as you would know from reffing. This hurts a puck-handling player like helly.

2. He is a 19 yr old with a solid spot on the team playing against a bunch of
15 year olds. This guy is not a top notch goal scorer...his strength is his passing. He can really thread the needle and makes some unreal passes. His point production will come from these set up passes.

westbeach55
09-07-2005, 06:40 PM
helleyer coasts around out there like he is a superstar, i would rather let a 16 year old come into the league and bust his ass off then watching hellyer coast around doing nothing. cut collins too.

Knuckle Chucker
09-07-2005, 06:50 PM
helleyer coasts around out there like he is a superstar, i would rather let a 16 year old come into the league and bust his ass off then watching hellyer coast around doing nothing. cut collins too.

I am very sure you will be eating those words as we get into the season. Many people said the same thing about Seth Leonard before his prime. Helly will have a good year...the 16 year olds will be sitting in the stands while hellyer is a key on the 2nd PP unit and the 2nd line. Collins will be ok on forward this year on the 3rd or 4th line. He will crack some skulls.

Be careful what you wish for regarding the 16 yr olds.....look at the situation the Pats were in last year and this year with their young team.

westbeach55
09-07-2005, 07:01 PM
your comparing helleyer to seth leonard there is no comparasion. Landon Jones looked better than helleyer at the intersquad game he prob will put up more points then helleyer

Knuckle Chucker
09-07-2005, 07:29 PM
your comparing helleyer to seth leonard there is no comparasion. Landon Jones looked better than helleyer at the intersquad game he prob will put up more points then helleyer

How is there no comparison?? What did Seth do as an 18 yr. old.........NOTHING. He rounded into form as a 19 yr old and dominated as a 20 yr old. Hellyer has the skills to do the same thing. The same thing that many other small 19 yr olds have done in the past.

westbeach55
09-07-2005, 08:49 PM
he hasn't proved anything yet, he sure hasn't done anything warranting to keep him.

1) seth leonard could skate with two hands on his stick waiting for a pass not running around with one hand on his stick

2) seth knew how to play his position and not running around

3) hellyer has no hands no touch

4) hellyer has no heart or desire

Knuckle Chucker
09-08-2005, 09:44 AM
he hasn't proved anything yet, he sure hasn't done anything warranting to keep him.

1) seth leonard could skate with two hands on his stick waiting for a pass not running around with one hand on his stick

2) seth knew how to play his position and not running around

3) hellyer has no hands no touch

4) hellyer has no heart or desire

I am very glad you are not involved in picking the team....Load up with 16 yr olds. I didn't say he has proven anything yet. Leonard didn't either as a 18 yr old. Your 4 points are comparing Leonard as a 19/20 yr old to Hellyer as an 18 yr. old. Once again, Hellyer is a for sure on the team (baring a trade) and will play in the top 2 lines weather you like him or not.

westbeach55
09-08-2005, 06:02 PM
here is the team without helleyer but i think he will be in on there

Goalies
archibald-Brant Hilton (aime did good as well but hilton was a starter last yr in JR A

D-men
AJ Thelen Landon Jones Mike Gauthier Evan Schafer Justin Palazzo Jeff May

forwards
Dan Byers, Kyle Chipchura, Aki Seitsonen
Ryan DePape, , Peter Cmorej,erikkson
Ben Van Lare, Nolan Waker, Brent Ottmann
Scott Doucett Daniel Lepp Josh Elder

with a couple open spots for some rookies

Wildeyes
09-08-2005, 07:12 PM
i think what westbeach is saying is would u take a chance on a 19 yr who hasnt really done anything so far(dont forget i like helly) and have a spot for a younger kid to come in i am not saying a 16 yr old maybe a really good 17 yr old you all know how ashton hewson played he would be a perfect fit here.

Helly
Height 5.08 -- Weight 170
gp g a p

WHL 49 13 18 31

seth
Height 5.09 -- Weight 172
WHL 69 30 30 60

that is what they both did as a 18 yr old

Knuckle Chucker
09-08-2005, 09:21 PM
i think what westbeach is saying is would u take a chance on a 19 yr who hasnt really done anything so far(dont forget i like helly) and have a spot for a younger kid to come in i am not saying a 16 yr old maybe a really good 17 yr old you all know how ashton hewson played he would be a perfect fit here.

Helly
Height 5.08 -- Weight 170
gp g a p

WHL 49 13 18 31

seth
Height 5.09 -- Weight 172
WHL 69 30 30 60

that is what they both did as a 18 yr old

I don't think it is much of a chance. 31 points in 49 games as a 18 yr old is not too bad in today's WHL. I really think the game without the redline will fit his style. I may be wrong but I think Helly will have a big year if he stays healthy.

Sabes
09-09-2005, 08:46 AM
As everyone that sits in my section knows I don't like Hellyer either. He does float and he stops skating when he has the puck. AT the first training camp scrimmage Hellyer looked good, he was skating and making 1 on 1 moves. Now he is floating out there and just not getting the job done.

Knuckle Chucker
09-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Everyone has the right to their opinion. The one that counts though is Anholts and I happen to know that he holds Hellyer in high regard. In saying that, Helly has to produce this year. He has the skills to do it and I think he will.

westbeach55
09-09-2005, 11:28 AM
thats the problem i have with helleyer, he has the SKILLS but he needs to use them im not going on some hate campaign in any way on hellyer. I hope he can improve this year. I happen to know alot of ppl around pa that have the same feelings as me on hellyer.

Knuckle Chucker
09-09-2005, 12:11 PM
thats the problem i have with helleyer, he has the SKILLS but he needs to use them im not going on some hate campaign in any way on hellyer. I hope he can improve this year. I happen to know alot of ppl around pa that have the same feelings as me on hellyer.

I agree but lets give him a chance to show his stuff this year. He will have a big roll on the team this year and he will be expected to produce. To leave him off the team at the start of the year is crazy. His #'s were not that bad last year in a limited roll and with all the injuries he had.

Sabes
09-09-2005, 01:48 PM
I agree but lets give him a chance to show his stuff this year. He will have a big roll on the team this year and he will be expected to produce. To leave him off the team at the start of the year is crazy. His #'s were not that bad last year in a limited roll and with all the injuries he had.

I agree his numbers were decent but if he skated more and didn't just stop at the half boards on every rush he has the puck maybe he would score more.

Knuckle Chucker
09-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I agree his numbers were decent but if he skated more and didn't just stop at the half boards on every rush he has the puck maybe he would score more.

He does this because he thinks pass first. He will be expected to score this year not just set up goals.

Knuckle Chucker
09-09-2005, 10:43 PM
i dont know why you think he is a good passer. he doesnt have good vision

I don't know why you think he doesn't have good vision. He is a good passer

Knuckle Chucker
09-10-2005, 11:04 AM
chippchurra,stone,keller,green,rabbit,and barker are good passers . your boy is a good skater thats as far as it goes for now....i hope he proves me wrong

He already has son. That is why he is on the team. He is a set up man. However he will be expected to score this year as well.

Knuckle Chucker
09-10-2005, 04:52 PM
he had 18 assist in 40 games that is not a set up man that is a plugger especially since he was on the second line and got pp time

Whatever leaffan17. Those # are hardly connected to a plugger when we are talking about an 18 yr old. It is a known fact that there is a huge difference in the whl when you are 18 compared to when you are 19. If he puts up those same #'s this year then there is a problem. I am predicting he will have very good #'s this year. Enough of this..... let me know when you want to have a serious debate when you consider important factors like the age of the player, him playing injured for most of the year and who is on his line to set up. I remember many times last year when Hellyer put the puck on the tape and the player didn't convert...but you would think that is his fault too :confused: