PDA

View Full Version : EA NHL 06 v.s NHL 2k6 for the PS2

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-05-2005, 12:52 AM
I preordered EA NHL 06 as I have bought the EA games over the years and I will rent NHL 2k6 to compare the two games and being a Leafs fan I like the fact that NHL 2k6 has Mats Sundin on the cover and Bob Cole and Harry Neale are the Play By Play announcers. I really hate when it comes to Video games and choices but I that is what someone has to put up with if they are a hardcore gammer like me :)

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-05-2005, 11:15 AM
the new eastside is great
I am going to buy NHL EHM 2005 when it is released in NA on Sept 27th.

RDRebelsfan
09-05-2005, 11:32 AM
let me make it simple on this...2k has beaten out ea the last 3-4 yrs on the ratings and has produced a better game.

I've checked vids on both games, and the **** I see on EA doesn't even resemble real hockey.

If you strive for flashy arcady, unrealistic crap go with EA...if you want a good looking game, that actually plays like real hockey and is realistic get 2k6.

Simple as that.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-05-2005, 03:05 PM
well since I have already spent money on EA NHL 06 I will probably not trade it in as I would get nothing for it, so I will rent 2k6 and if i like it, then i will buy it. I think EA is cheaper but that does not matter as much as how realistic and how it resembles real hockey like you said, i can not beleive how crappy EA seems and all of the bugs in the game that make it that much worse.

RDRebelsfan
09-05-2005, 03:50 PM
well since I have already spent money on EA NHL 06 I will probably not trade it in as I would get nothing for it, so I will rent 2k6 and if i like it, then i will buy it. I think EA is cheaper but that does not matter as much as how realistic and how it resembles real hockey like you said, i can not beleive how crappy EA seems and all of the bugs in the game that make it that much worse.

Uh actually 2k6 will be $29.99 CDN EA's is goign $39.99 they were forced to drop. So 2k6 is cheaper.

RDRebelsfan
09-05-2005, 03:54 PM
http://www.easports.com/games/nhl06/videos.jsp?setID=Skill%20Stick:%20Bat-In&resID=hi

Haha.. that is an actual move you can attempt in the game. Are you kidding me? There's more like it on the same page. Yes it looks sick, yes it's cool, no it isn't hockey. Unreal.

The difficulty of the move is quite beside the point. It isn't realistic hockey, nor is that what EA strives for. They strive for flashy arcade like crap, which is fine if that's what you're into, but I can't stand when people try to argue that it's the more realistic of the two-- it isn't.

here are two more video comparisons.

1. This is laughable some EA person compares ACTUAL 2K6 GAMEPLAY to a pre-rendered NHL 06 TRAILEr

2. ACTUAL NHL 06 Gameplay....laughable **** again.

1 http://media.putfile.com/NHL2k6

2. http://media.putfile.com/NHL06_Footage

so far EA has only proven to be a joke, but as I said if people like EA's UNREALISTIC arcady crap then get their game.....if you strive for ACTUAL REALISTIC hockey...get 2k6.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I paid $34.19 for the game when I preordered it for some reason :confused: I thought EA would have made changes to make the game more realistic but I guess not. I have EA NHL 2005 so I would like to get 2k6 for a change and if I can not do then I will just have to buy 2k6.In EA free 4 all the goalies will flop up and down like Hasek did all you have to do is do from side to side and the goalie rolls around on the ice. There is also Gretzky NHL 2006 and they will have a lot of changes too. I do not want to buy all 3 games it is always so hard to choose but i will buy 2k6 and ust rent Gretzky 2006 the gameplay is ok and I like the fact that all of the NHL affilate teams are in the game.

RDRebelsfan
09-05-2005, 05:48 PM
I paid $34.19 for the game when I preordered it for some reason :confused: I thought EA would have made changes to make the game more realistic but I guess not. I have EA NHL 2005 so I would like to get 2k6 for a change and if I can not do then I will just have to buy 2k6.In EA free 4 all the goalies will flop up and down like Hasek did all you have to do is do from side to side and the goalie rolls around on the ice. There is also Gretzky NHL 2006 and they will have a lot of changes too. I do not want to buy all 3 games it is always so hard to choose but i will buy 2k6 and ust rent Gretzky 2006 the gameplay is ok and I like the fact that all of the NHL affilate teams are in the game.

I saw that floppy Hasek thing lol made me laugh.

RDRebelsfan
09-06-2005, 07:43 PM
well I was supposed to ge tmy copy of 2k6 here tomorrow, but I called and I guess it's delayed until the 9th!

****!

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Remeber when I told you(RD Rebelsfan) that i payed $34.19 and i thought it was the full price(well that is what the guy said when i preordered and paid for it well he ****ed up!! :burningma :turkey: ) the guy had thought i wanted the X box version and that costs $45.00 and so i told him that I wanted the PS2 verson, so he cancelled the Xbox order and gave me $11.40 in cash refund and when i went there today, the total came out to $49.01 including the $3.00 game garentee and i thought I had paid for it in full and she said that i had a remaining balance of $11.00or so left to pay and I thought i was only going to have to pay $3.00 for the game garentee and after she said sorry about the mixup, well c'mon mistakes/mixups get it streight. Oh and the game is ok it has the Create a player feature and when you create a player they only say the players first name and not the last(and i was planning to create Crosby and the rest of them, well so I could not), it is cool that you can play the retro oldschool NHL 94 on there and when you simulate a game, you can choose to intervene if your team is loosing and play that game. One thing that i had hoped that they would have added was the all star game and the skills competion say you could actually play it(like in NHL 2k5 and most likely NHL 2k6) and ya you guessed it they did not. So I will still play the game but If my friend(who is a Blades fan/member on this board) buys NHL 2k6 then I will play it at his house or rent it and then if I like it then I will buy it.

HAF
09-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Out of all of them I thought ESPN 2005 was the best hockey game out last year. I'll probably rent them all this year and do my own comparison. The worst of last year had to be the Gretzky one. It was horrible.

RDRebelsfan
09-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Remeber when I told you(RD Rebelsfan) that i payed $34.19 and i thought it was the full price(well that is what the guy said when i preordered and paid for it well he ****ed up!! :burningma :turkey: ) the guy had thought i wanted the X box version and that costs $45.00 and so i told him that I wanted the PS2 verson, so he cancelled the Xbox order and gave me $11.40 in cash refund and when i went there today, the total came out to $49.01 including the $3.00 game garentee and i thought I had paid for it in full and she said that i had a remaining balance of $11.00or so left to pay and I thought i was only going to have to pay $3.00 for the game garentee and after she said sorry about the mixup, well c'mon mistakes/mixups get it streight. Oh and the game is ok it has the Create a player feature and when you create a player they only say the players first name and not the last(and i was planning to create Crosby and the rest of them, well so I could not), it is cool that you can play the retro oldschool NHL 94 on there and when you simulate a game, you can choose to intervene if your team is loosing and play that game. One thing that i had hoped that they would have added was the all star game and the skills competion say you could actually play it(like in NHL 2k5 and most likely NHL 2k6) and ya you guessed it they did not. So I will still play the game but If my friend(who is a Blades fan/member on this board) buys NHL 2k6 then I will play it at his house or rent it and then if I like it then I will buy it.

oh, I got 2k6, awesome gamplay, but I have 2 gripes with it. The menu's suck complete ass! And the rosters ar enot even updated, Forsberg not on phi, etc. They got lazy so I'm going to have to DL the roster update.

And in 2k6 if you create a player....it was in 2k5 and 2k4 too, they had a big database of names, I was able to create myself, it says your first ANd last name.

I'm still getting adjsuted to the controls, I'm pretty familiar with them already just new tihngs like icon passing and I still need to tinker with the sliders.

RDRebelsfan
09-09-2005, 11:35 PM
ive had it for 2 months..and got 5 free copies with it

wanna send me one?

nivek_wahs
09-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Best game out there... I've actually won 3 Memorial Cups in a row with Regina (awaiting laughter from the crowd :laugh: ). Many trades later and many draft picks later I won and kept winning.

Kevin

Jimmypop316
09-13-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm god terrible at EHM, I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong.

But between 2K and EA I'll take EA any day simply because with the PC version you can pretty much do anything with the game, add jerseys, modify the arenas, and on and on. The gameplay has been not too good the last year or so , but I do enjoy the 06 gameplay and am really happy with it this year.

As for 2K its pretty much the same product as last year, except without the ESPN name and a couple more added things. I've never been a HUGE fan of 2k sports, but its what I turn to if I want to play a hockey game for console.