PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else go to the Todd Klassen Mem?

HAF
09-05-2005, 09:42 PM
I was actually pleasantly surprised at what I saw today. Our new import Bacek looked great and will be welcomed addition. Something has really lit a fire under Shaun Vey's butt over the summer. He looked magnificent with a pair of goals today. Colin Phanuef was exciting to watch and will be a great asset to us in the future.
Chet Pickard really impressed me between the pipes and looks as if he's ready to take over our back up duties behind Price. Olynyk was really off his game today and looked as if he has all but given up. He showed no grit and very little effort for the blue today. I always liked that kid but I have to say that he will probably end up traded before regular season starts.
all in all it was a pretty one sided game today as the white team dominated every aspect of the game including the post game shoot out.
Another bright spot was Bend Oregon native Kyle Peters who in my opinion looks like he will probably win himself a spot on our roster this year. He has a little work to do but showed no fear and was plenty gritty in the corners.
There was one pretty good fight today, Aaron Boogard and Matt Swaby dropped mits in the second period. Both landed a few good shots with the decision going to Boogard.
I'm getting antsy for the regular season as I'll be gone during the pre season tourney...
anyone else have anything to add? Comeon Ams fans!!!! I know tons of you guys read this forum but now is the time to really start posting and make this forum great!
where ya at Stay Puft???? Lets hear your take!

HAF
09-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Team White Rolls 7-0 in Annual Klassen Game
September 05, 2005
Kennewick, WA – Team White opened up an early 3-0 lead after one period and would cruise to a 7-0 victory over Team Blue in the Tri-City Americans 13th annual Todd Klassen Memorial Classic before a crowd of 650 fans at the Three Rivers Coliseum today. Fans would contribute $2,760.60 to the Klassen Memorial Fund to provide a scholarship to a Kamiakin High School scholar athlete.

Colin Phaneuf opened up the scoring just 49 seconds into the contest as his wrist shot would beat goaltender Nick Olynyk. Shaun Vey would tally twice on the afternoon while Chris Inglis, Igor Basek Cody Wutzke and Dillon Johnstone each had singles. Goaltenders Chet Pickard and Kyle Birch combined to stop all 29 Team Blue shots. Team White out shot Team Blue 42-29 on the afternoon.

Colin Phaneuf earned first star honors while Shawn Vey was named second star and Chet Pickard, who made 18 stops was third star in the tilt.

The Americans will practice Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 3 pm in the Coliseum to prepare for this weekends Red Lion Hotels Pre-Season Tournament this Friday, September 9th through Sunday, September 11th. The tournament features the Seattle Thunderbirds, Portland Winter Hawks, Spokane Chiefs, Vancouver Giants and the Americans.

Ticket packages remain on sale through this Thursday, September 8th at the Americans office on the lower level of the Coliseum. Tickets for all six games are just $39 for adults and $33 for youth/students (ages 3-17). Call 509.736.0606, ext. 253 for tickets.

Stay-Puft
09-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I was actually pleasantly surprised at what I saw today.
where ya at Stay Puft???? Lets hear your take!

Sorry, I wasn't able to make the TK game. I left for Westport, WA early Monday and landed a couple of 18 lbs. salmon on Tuesday and a couple of 10lbs salmon yesterday. I enjoyed going to the mini-camp activities and will be in attendance for the pre-season tourney. I was impressed with Bloodoff during the scrimmages. Was he there/how did he look for the TK game? Vey also looked good during the scrimmage sessions that I saw. Our 20's worry me. Belle probably won't be back, who knows on Stoner, Schnieder looked better than last year, McDonald still won't shoot, and Beeman was all over the place (although he did hit a few good posts). I would like to see them keep 1 or 2 of the youngers than Beeman or McDonald. I'm just not that impressed if Belle and Stoner don't come back.

HAF
09-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Congrats on the salmon!!! I leave tomarrow for a week in Newport Or. to do some Salmon and bottom fishing over the weekend and then a Bottom trip and a Tuna trip next week.
Sorry you missed the TKmemorial. It was a pretty one sided game but we really got a taste of where we're at as a team. Birch and Pickard really impressed me between the pipes splitting a shut out for team grey. Vey has really got a fire lit under his butt as he looked incredible scoring a pair of goals. Some of the younger guys look pretty promising as well. D-man Kyle Peters had a fair showing as well. He looks like the gritty D we're gonna need with Belle and possibly stoner being gone this year. He wasnt afraid to get in the corners and dig a little and even swapped some elbows with Belle.
As I said before, Bacek looked great as did Dillon Johnstone.
I agree that I Mac still doesnt impress me any more than he did last year. As for Beeman, I've always been one of the few Beeman supportes but I have to say that the work ethic just doesnt seem to be there. I honestly think he thinks he'll get a roster spot just by default but I think he may be sorely mistaken.
We now have 4 goalies to work with. Olynyk looked like he had already given up so I dont see him backing up Carey this year. I'm pretty sure it will be Pickard.

LifelongChiefsFan
09-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Has nothing to do with hockey, but enjoy your time in Newport, what a neat place it is.

Stay-Puft
09-09-2005, 07:16 PM
We'll see how how Beeman comes out during the pre-season. I agree that he may very well be playing for a spot. Just because we can keep 3 20s doesn't mean we will. I agree with Olynyk. I think Pickard will be here to get the experience of a year of part time as Carey may not be here after this year, I hope he is, but who knows. I am impressed with Birch also.

Randellel
09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
id love to see both these guys tryin to make the ams next year, but both are highly recruited college players, apparently there best friends and if they can lock one of them up they should b able to get both eventually. im hoping management can sign them both, they are exciting hockey players. If this happened you can call the 05 draft a damn good one for the ams.

Stay-Puft
09-14-2005, 10:25 AM
id love to see both these guys tryin to make the ams next year, but both are highly recruited college players, apparently there best friends and if they can lock one of them up they should b able to get both eventually. im hoping management can sign them both, they are exciting hockey players. If this happened you can call the 05 draft a damn good one for the ams.

We apparently have commitments from Mestery and Schmidt already, so you are right. If those two signed, we would have had a very good 05 draft. Phanuf looked really good during the scrimmages and in camp, and made some waves during the TK game. After watching these last couple of pre-season games, I like Pickard to be our backup and Birch should be competing with him for a role next year, depending if Price comes back.