PDA

View Full Version : First Vet Released

Scout
09-07-2005, 07:26 AM
The Bronco's announced that veteren forward David Murray has been released. Murray was traded to the Bronco's from Lethbridge as part of the package deal for Tyler Redenbach. Also rookie Graham Telford was reassigned to Kimberly of the KIJHL. This brings the Bronco roster down to 27.

Scout

Willis on the Welfare
09-07-2005, 08:17 AM
I've always been a fan of David Murray. There are people in the world who resent junior hockey players. These people think these kids are spoiled, have an easy life and get everythign handed to them. David Murray proves the opposite. Last year he was on a team that was a contender, he was getting to play more often than not and, from what I hear, we was liked by his teammates.

Then the trade deadline happened.

He was dealt to a team no one thought would make the playoffs (and didn't). He played maybe one out of four games, and in one of his first games as a Bronco he was on the receiving end of the biggest farce in the league last year (when Jeff Glass knocked him out with his blocker to receive a two minute minor). Now he gets released because at age 19 (remember when you were 19) because he is TOO OLD. Only in junior hockey can a 19 year old kid be "too old". Once again he is uprooted and headed to destination unknown.

Oh yeah, the life of a junior hockey player is just peachy.

Good luck Mur.

Flathead
09-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Has anyone heard where Murray may go to play this year?

kelownakarl
09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Jeez sounds like this fella has had nothing but bad luck. Sounds like a quality person, and we all know quality people always land on their feet!

Oh-Vee
09-08-2005, 01:30 PM
while it is unfortunate that a quality guy like David had to be let go, it isn't really a surprize that a veteran forward was released. The have so many 19 year old forwards that something had to give.

As far as I can tell all the guys on this team are quality people so one was going to go. I am 100% positive that David will land on his feet.

murdawg
09-09-2005, 10:07 AM
jsut wanted to make a quick point of saying thank you to all the people of swift current and abroad who have supported me while i played there and in the past few days.. your kind words and well wishes are greatly appreciated. As for my plans for the near future i have rejoined my junior A in spruce grove and will make any further decisions from there when the time arises...

good luck to the boys in swift current... the team is a great group of young men and i feel with excitment and fan support surrounding this year i'm surethey can do somehtign great...

thanks again

- you know who ;)

ointhecreek
09-09-2005, 10:15 PM
I think I speak for the majority of the fans in Swift. We wish you well in your bright future! :thumb: