PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Acquire Vertseeg and Chapman...

Nielson11
09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Vertseeg and Chapman for Hogg and Sagert.

The Lethbridge Hurricanes and Kamloops Blazers have completed a trade. The Hurricanes have sent 19-year-old forward Kris Versteeg, 20-year-old defenceman Brennan Chapman and a fourth round WHL Bantam Draft pick in 2006 to the Blazers in exchange for 19-year-old forward Kris Hogg, 18-year-old defenceman Kalvin Sagert and a seventh round pick in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft..

There ya go.

Nielson11

scamperdog
09-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Blazers Acquire Versteeg, Chapman

September 8th, 2005 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BLAZERS AND ‘CANES MAKE 4-PLAYER DEAL

KAMLOOPS, BC – The Kamloops Blazers and Lethbridge Hurricanes have completed a 4-player trade which sees the Blazers acquire 19-year-old forward Kris Versteeg (Lethbridge, AB), 20-year-old defenseman Brennan Chapman (Lloydminster, AB), and a 4th round selection in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft in exchange for 19-year-old forward Kris Hogg, 18-year-old defenseman Kalvin Sagert, and a 7th round pick in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft.

Versteeg, a 5th round selection of the Boston Bruins in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, scored 22 goals and 52 points in 68 games with the ‘Canes last season. Versteeg, a 5’10”, 173-pound right-shooting left-winger, is entering his 4th season in the WHL. Over his WHL career, Versteeg has amassed 46 goals, 73 assists, and 185 minutes in penalties in 193 games.

Chapman, a 5’10”, 196-pound left-shooting blueliner began his WHL career in Regina where he played 157 games over parts of three seasons, scoring 6 goals, adding 27 assists and 268 penalty minutes. He split his 2003-04 season with the Pats, Vancouver, and Lethbridge, before spending the entire 2004-05 campaign with the Hurricanes, where he played just 42 games yet tallied 1 goal and 7 assists plus 73 penalty minutes. In all, Chapman has 256 games of WHL experience.

Versteeg is presently attending Boston Bruins training camp and will not be in the lineup for this weekend’s exhibition games against Kelowna. However, Chapman is expected to make his Blazer debut tomorrow night at home against the Rockets.

- 05 -

blazerhockey
09-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Tough to see Hogg go but hopefully this Versteeg can give us the scoring we so badly need.

scamperdog
09-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Hogg when he would play could be a good player, but way to often took stupid penelties, he was good at getting under the skin of the opposition though, hopefully we will find some one else to do that

Jovorock
09-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Hogg always played good in Kelowna, so I'm glad he's gone. Sagert was a good up and comer d-man, I thought he has potential.

Don't know anything about Versteeg, heard he was a bad seed in the locker so that could be a problem. Chapman I like this kid, he played good against Kelowna and was always solid back there.

I don't know who won this trade, but it looks interesting.